Monday raid - Dragon Soul edition!

Everything you need to know about raiding with us, and a place to ask questions and talk boss strategies.
Kelodur
Rofficer

Monday raid - Dragon Soul edition!

#1 Post by Kelodur » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:13 pm

The Renegades are going to conquer the DRAGON SOUL!

I will be writing tactics from the normal version of the encounters soon. If you want to have a little taste of what you can expect, you can check the LFR tactics thread and even run the LFR once (or twice!). The LFR encounters have been simplified a lot, but we have at least one quite easy boss to start with, so I'm quite sure we can do some progress!

About the raid: aside from the fact that we've moved the raids to Mondays, there's not much more that has changed. Since this a much more difficult content however, having flasks, food, enchants and gems is of the uttermost importance. We will be also take care into selecting the people that we feel have enough gear to come; we don't expect you to be ilvl 378, but we need you to be around 372 minimum since that is the entry level for the LFR raid, which is supposedly easier.

Also please try to take your time to read tactics and watch movies, the T13 encounters are much more complicated than the T11 encounters, so it's better if everyone has an idea on what they are like before they first try them.

That said... get ready to roll, mates! Deathwing will soon be Deadwing!

P.S. Please signup in the in game calendar as usual!

P.P.S. What about the Firelands? After a month over T11 contents, we were feeling that we needed to offer people more than just progression. The Firelands raid offers ilvl 378 loot, meaning that aside for the random piece here and there, we may have just got minor upgrades or items identical to the ones we already have or that we can get with Justice Points. Dragon Soul is surely challenging content for us right now, but even if we down just one boss, it will drop ilvl 397 loot that will be much more useful to our progression, and it's an even bigger incentive to get better gear via dungeons and justice points before the raid. This doesn't mean we're not returning to the firelands in the future, just that we wanted to give the no loot progression a break, to experience un-nerfed contents again and see how we fared in the current content.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Kelodur
Rofficer

Re: Monday raid - Dragon Soul edition!

#2 Post by Kelodur » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Posted tactics for the normal version of the first 3 bosses.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Celellach
Legend

#3 Post by Celellach » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:32 am

id like to see the firelands for at least once and id rather have it with the rof than in a pug. Thats just me tho.
I want to play a game.
http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profile.asp?user=celellach#col

Cylonora

#4 Post by Cylonora » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:04 am

my thoughts are to make a calendar date with t11 refills for those of us without a title and then move to firelands till we clear it, then maybe reserve that night to t11/t12 heroics till we get sick of them (and then maybe do all of the 8 t13 fights in 1 week).

btw nice tactics, I think we should add 4th boss too, even pugs get them all down :)

Des

#5 Post by Des » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Might not make it on monday. My desktop comp is in the store for an upgrade. Went to the shop on thuesday and they said that i could bring my comp thursday and that i would have it back on friday but it seems it still isnt ready yet. Gonne give them all call in the afternoon to hear the status on it. So hopefully it will be ready by the end of the day :mad:

Posting this on my Macbook which i dont have any games on ofc. Not really that strong either, just good enough for internet and text editing and stuff like that.

But when ii have my comp back I will have a intel i7 2600k 3.4 quad core, 8g ddr3 and a new 500G 7200 rpm HD. Still using ddr1 as memory atm :oops:. Had some fps issues lately so it was really needed.

Hope to see u guys today.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#6 Post by Kelodur » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:13 pm

First of all, I'm answering to this thread without having first spoke to Shin, so he may want to add / change something I'm writing here. I think these are our shared thoughts on raiding though, based on our previous discussions.

About Firelands: We're not completely skipping Firelands, we plan to go there sooner or later. But many people (including Cylo, who I see now is suggesting something different :D) have asked me to go to Dragon Soul, the main reason being that going to Firelands would be doing more content without any kind of reward.

From what I've read on the forums, we can clear 1 to 4 bosses on a single night on Dragon soul, which is 2-8 ilvl 397 items dropping for us. And clearing current content instead of nerfed down content would be an achievement in itself.

That said, let's do this first week there, and then decide where to go the week after based on how much we progress there and how hard the current content is for us.

About T11: we plan to organize a night to redo the whole T11 content to cover achievement holes people have. I still have to check who needs what. We'll keep you posted.

About Heroics: we don't plan to go to heroics anywhere soon. Heroics are much more hard than anything we've cleared right now, and while I can see some people wanting to do them for the achievement, I doubt there will be much interest in wiping for entire nights to do them. Seriously, we're not that kind of guild IMHO, we don't have the numbers nor the dedication to clear heroics right now (Ragnaros HC was tuned to be a 400/500 wipe encounter, can't really see us coming anywhere close to wiping more than 10-20 times before abandoning raiding altogether).

About having a second raiding night: right now it's a no-no. We have a raiding team composed of around 12-13 people, and most of them won't do two raids per week, or if they'll do they will get burned and stop raiding soon after (been there, done that some months ago...). Unless we get to the point where we have enough people to allow people to skip a night, we are doing a single raid night.

That said whisper me ingame if you want to discuss about these guidelines, I'm open to hear all opinions. Just keep in mind that our priority right now is to keep our WoW guild living, with raiding being an additional incentive to us all to get online and play.

Des

#7 Post by Des » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:17 pm

Won't be able to come on monday folks. Store didn't have my computer ready yet :(
The earliest i would get it back is thuesday evening but i think it will be on wednesday because the shop is closed on sunday and monday.
Good Luck in Dragon Soul and hope u get a raid together.

shindarak
Guild Master

#8 Post by shindarak » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:32 pm

thanks VJ..... :)

we got a team.....look for confirmations on ingame-calender...... 8)

we need cylo on munis and gov on gov :hehe:
"Do it with style, or don’t do it at all." -Jazz-

"Come back you cowards! I'll bite your legs off!!!" -de-limbed black knight-

Odinus

#9 Post by Odinus » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:42 am

Sorry guys but I must drop to "not sure" for tonight, I've got work from last week to carry over.
[url=http://worldofwarcraft.mmocluster.com/index.php?mod=wowachievement][img]http://worldofwarcraft.mmocluster.com/img_achievements/6afd8babbb784a34d57bb52063f93f01.jpg[/img][/url]

Kelodur
Rofficer

#10 Post by Kelodur » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:11 am

I didn't have time yesterday night to post the killshots, but after a very satisfying night and a true progression boss, we downed two bosses with a 15% try on third boss. Thanks to all the raiders present for a very nice and fun raid night!

Next monday raid is already up, and we already have 7 signups, so everybody come and signup already! We're going the first four bosses, tactics for Hagara coming soon!