Ultraxion - Fading Light and Hour of Twilight

Everything you need to know about raiding with us, and a place to ask questions and talk boss strategies.
Kelodur
Rofficer

Ultraxion - Fading Light and Hour of Twilight

#1 Post by Kelodur » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:01 am

From the log analisys, I've seen that some people are having more problems than other in tracking Fading Light and Hour of Twilight timers than others; I'm not going to say anything about it TBH cause it is just something we have to learn and it's natural that some have a longer learning period.

I've been skimming around on the net however, and I've stumbled on a piece on info that should help those people. Short version: instead of using DBM, you should try to use BigWigs mod, at least on Ultraxion. If you don't know it, BigWigs is another boss mod like DBM, which is actually as good and as helpful as DBM itself. If you go and check in the options to emphatize (or even -ise for you British) Fading Light and Hour of Twilight debuff you get a voice countdown that runs from 5 to 0 on the debuff itself, instead of on the cast start as it is done on DBM.

I have yet to try it myself but it sounds exactly what is needed for people having problem in managing the fading light timer on the debuff.

You can find the addon here:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/big-wigs
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

shindarak
Guild Master

Re: Ultraxion - Fading Light and Hour of Twilight

#2 Post by shindarak » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:17 am

Nice one kel....

I use DBM and have a voice countdown for fading light...when it says "2", i hit the button.

It gives a 5 sec countdown before the castbar for twilight timer....when castbar is at 1/3 i press the button.

what i find confusing (sometimes) is that the countdowns are at different times:
- twilight timer is countdown before the casting bar appears (and then some seconds after that he blows you up) (so don't hit button right away, only when castingbar appears).
- fading light is 5 sec. countdown before it blows you up (hit button at 2 secs).

to check who has fading light i look at chatbox, since DBM tells you who are the targets.
"Do it with style, or don’t do it at all." -Jazz-

"Come back you cowards! I'll bite your legs off!!!" -de-limbed black knight-

Kelodur
Rofficer

#3 Post by Kelodur » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:33 am

shindarak wrote:Nice one kel....

I use DBM and have a voice countdown for fading light...when it says "2", i hit the button.

It gives a 5 sec countdown before the castbar for twilight timer....when castbar is at 1/3 i press the button.

what i find confusing (sometimes) is that the countdowns are at different times:
- twilight timer is countdown before the casting bar appears (and then some seconds after that he blows you up) (so don't hit button right away, only when castingbar appears).
- fading light is 5 sec. countdown before it blows you up (hit button at 2 secs).

to check who has fading light i look at chatbox, since DBM tells you who are the targets.
Guess you have a different version than mine, cause my fading light timer is done before he casts it. So maybe if we all just update to latest version we get the right timer. I have special announcement turned on in DBM options too, and it tells me the tank that gets the debuff; AFAIK it should also tell me that way if I get the debuff, but since I can't get it as I'm an healer I can't check.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Agrik

#4 Post by Agrik » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:30 pm

Kelodur wrote:From the log analisys, I've seen that some people are having more problems than other in tracking Fading Light and Hour of Twilight timers than others; I'm not going to say anything about it ...
plz do, i dont really understand why my damage taken is so high, i press the button when its(about) 1 sec left, shall i press it sooner? But from what i remember i was on full hp coming back 2 "fighting-realm" again

On 1 try im just below the tanks on damage taken - try 7

Kelodur
Rofficer

#5 Post by Kelodur » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:55 pm

I'll try to look into it and tell you why is that; it may actually not even be a problem, that damage is the one you also take normally during the fight, and you never did anything wrong with the button Rubb.

shindarak
Guild Master

#6 Post by shindarak » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 pm

now and go do something wrong with that button, rubb.....makes explaining your high damage-taken a lot easier...... :ninja:
"Do it with style, or don’t do it at all." -Jazz-

"Come back you cowards! I'll bite your legs off!!!" -de-limbed black knight-

Kelodur
Rofficer

#7 Post by Kelodur » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:27 pm

Agrik wrote:
Kelodur wrote:From the log analisys, I've seen that some people are having more problems than other in tracking Fading Light and Hour of Twilight timers than others; I'm not going to say anything about it ...
plz do, i dont really understand why my damage taken is so high, i press the button when its(about) 1 sec left, shall i press it sooner? But from what i remember i was on full hp coming back 2 "fighting-realm" again

On 1 try im just below the tanks on damage taken - try 7
You did nothing wrong. The damage you're taking is the standard damage everybody is taking, and that it ramps up the more time passes. On try 7 you just stayed alive for more than the rest of the people and got some heavy damage after Shin died. So... good job, Rubb ;).

Agrik

#8 Post by Agrik » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:21 pm

Oh well well, never checked for how long i stayed alive since i was in a hurry to go to bed, tx

Agrik

#9 Post by Agrik » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:53 pm

Bison is supposed 2 be good for Fading Light to, or so i read!

I actually want 2 try it on Ultra if i may, plz plz plz :P

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bison

Celellach
Legend

#10 Post by Celellach » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:29 pm

i noticed that sometimes when i track the countdown on DBM it "fails". I had 3 seconds left and i died...
So i try and just look at the debuff timer from the default UI and that seemed to work.
I want to play a game.
http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profile.asp?user=celellach#col