Dragon Soul Heroic Tactics

Everything you need to know about raiding with us, and a place to ask questions and talk boss strategies.
Kelodur
Rofficer

Dragon Soul Heroic Tactics

#1 Post by Kelodur » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:11 am

Morchok

This is quite a straightforward fight. Morchok doesn't have any new abilities in Heroic, it just hit harder and, well, as soon as he gets at 90% health he splits in two and we have to fight two of them at the same time. The two bosses have a shared health pool so it's ininfluent who are we damaging more thru the fight.

The easiest composition for this fight is fighting them in two different 5 man teams each composed of a tank, a plate wearer dps, 2 healers and a ranged dps.

The two bosses and the healing / ranged team should be positioned in such a way that when they stomp, all the ranged are hit but only the tank and the melee near the boss stomping are hit. This means one boss should be placed in the standard position, the other should be placed around 40 yds from the first one toward the entrance (remember that stomp has a 30 yds range), with the two ranged teams placed in the middle (the two ranged teams should however always stay together and stay clearly separated to better soak crystals, see below). The plate dps should be the second nearest target after the tank, and it has to soak doble damage for stomp (i.e. around 182k unmitigated damage) so healers should take care in topping the plate DPS off before each stomp. In the last part of the fight, when the boss gets below 20%, using defensive cooldowns on stomp is probably a must for both the melees and the tanks.

When a crystal spawn, the nearest team of three person will have to go for it asap and soak the damage. In case of two crystals spawning on the same side in a short time, defensive cooldowns should be used to mitigate the damage from the second crystal as the team will probably unable to reach it in time / heal in time.

Blood phase is exactly the same as normal, just make sure not to get hit cause it hurts even more. If anybody dies in blood phase probably the most dangerous thing will be Tak jumping to their throath, so do that at your own risk.

When they get to 20% health they start to enrage, so we have to throw down heroism, use our best cooldowns and healing skills and down them asap. The enrage timer is quite strict with 4 dps, but it should be doable.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

shindarak
Guild Master

Re: Dragon Soul Heroic Tactics

#2 Post by shindarak » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:56 pm

nice1 kel...also www.watch tankspot.com for nice videos! :ninja:
"Do it with style, or don’t do it at all." -Jazz-

"Come back you cowards! I'll bite your legs off!!!" -de-limbed black knight-

shindarak
Guild Master

#3 Post by shindarak » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:37 pm

tankspot doesnt have a vid.....
does!

Beouffur

#4 Post by Beouffur » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:07 pm

Guys,
I beg your pardon for yesterday. I realized I had left the autenticator in the office just once in front of the log in page :cry:
Many enemies much loot

Kelodur
Rofficer

#5 Post by Kelodur » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:33 pm

Beouffur wrote:Guys,
I beg your pardon for yesterday. I realized I had left the autenticator in the office just once in front of the log in page :cry:
NP mate, we ended up taking some new Renegades up to the ship, which means we will soon have more people available to do heroics. Sign up for next Wed!
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Celellach
Legend

#6 Post by Celellach » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:30 pm

any chance we can do another short run on Monday? Even if people have time for 1 hour that's still another boss or 2 we can down.
I want to play a game.
http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profile.asp?user=celellach#col

shindarak
Guild Master

#7 Post by shindarak » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:53 pm

1 hour is three bosses ......easily!