CALL TO ARMS - OFFICIAL PANDARIA RAIDING SEASON

Everything you need to know about raiding with us, and a place to ask questions and talk boss strategies.
Kelodur
Rofficer

CALL TO ARMS - OFFICIAL PANDARIA RAIDING SEASON

#1 Post by Kelodur » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:45 pm

RENEGADES!

Pandaria is well underway and most people are now nearing raid ready status (with some having been there for a while already), so we now feel we can open the new official raiding season!

Standard rules will be in effect, check the official raiding FAQ if you don't know them or need a refresher; we are going to start with a single raiding night per week, hopefully escalating to two nights per week if we see we have enough signups.

If you haven't raided with us yet, just sign up and contact an officer telling you're interested in raiding and we will happily welcome you to the raiding team. If you have already raided with us... let's get some more kill pictures!

From an initial survey of who's going to be there (as of now, I think these people have all already confirmed their will to raid: tak,cel,cylo,sanshi,luna,shin,nato,beo,rubber,kel with more being "on the fence" or not having expressed themselves yet, please let me know if I forgot someone or added someone not interested in raiding), we have seen that we have the potential for a good team, but we're as usual a little bit lacking on the tank / healing department. It looks like Munis will be needed again as main tank along with Shin, as well as the old healing team (Rubber / Sanshi / Kel). We would love to have more people help in those roles too, so please let us know what you'd like to bring and in what role if you'd like to do anything else than DPS.

The first raid will (hopefully) happen on 23th January 2013 (Moshu'gan Vaults), 20:30 - 23:00 server time, so you have almost a full month to get ready for it, meaning you all have to stop reading this post now and go in Pandaria to get yourselves ready!!! Please sign up in game on the calendar, as usual we would like you to signup as "tentative" if you're not sure you can come, it's better for us to know there is a possibility that one comes so we can keep a raid alive til the last minute if we know there *might* be enough people for it.

I'm currently preparing the Moshu'gan Vault tactics, but if you want to start studying them, you can already go to http://www.icy-veins.com as that will be the basic starting point for our tactics anyway.

We hope this initiative will found a lot of people happy and ready to raid. Let's do it one more time, renegade style!
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Glombeard
Legend

Re: CALL TO ARMS - OFFICIAL PANDARIA RAIDING SEASON

#2 Post by Glombeard » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:52 pm

Kelo is back, so we are! :P
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Kelodur
Rofficer

#3 Post by Kelodur » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:16 pm

Raid is already full so it will happen unless everyone disappears in the next few days.

Yesterday night I've spent some time trying to put down the tactics for the first two bosses, but basically there's not much more to add or change from what you can found @ http://www.icy-veins.com. So I guess the best thing is to all refer to those tactics, and we will make public any change or choice made or discovery made during raids on a tactic post on our forums. I will write down instead some very fast and forward tactics both to cut and paste in raid and for people too lazy to read about the full encounter :D.

So please all go and read http://www.icy-veins.com tactics, Stone Guard and Feng the Accursed in particular.

Edit: the condensed tactics idea was good, but these encounter are quite complex, so the execution wasn't that condensed. So check the tactics section for more or less full tactics, and / or complete them with the icy-veins tactics.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Glombeard
Legend

#4 Post by Glombeard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:47 am

can't make it for tonight. i'm sure an undergeared TAK is far better than a noobish shaman i know!

i'll sign up for next raid!

have fun and good luck lads!
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Kelodur
Rofficer

#5 Post by Kelodur » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:05 pm

Too bad Glom! Don't underestimate yourself, and just signup for next raid!

Raid is CONFIRMED!

Tank: Shin, Munis
Healers: Rubber, Sanshi, Kel
DPS: Beo, Elodin (Tak), Luna, Nato, Kalkin

Please remember that there are no summon available so you'll need to be online sharp in front of the entrance @20:30.

To whoever is still missing enchants, please make sure to be fully enchanted and reforged before the raid, I'll be online before the raid if you need any help with it.

Personal food is better than banquets now so please bring your own flasks, food and potions too.

northwestdakota
Rofficer

#6 Post by northwestdakota » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:47 pm

I'll do my best to buy enchants I need remotely during the day and then equip them when I get home before the raid. I raided in LFR last night and sucked, I don't understand rotations that well right now so don't expect much from me. :oops:
I don't hear as good as I used to, and I ain't as pretty as I used to be. But I'm still here - I'm the Ram.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#7 Post by Kelodur » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:20 pm

northwestdakota wrote:I'll do my best to buy enchants I need remotely during the day and then equip them when I get home before the raid. I raided in LFR last night and sucked, I don't understand rotations that well right now so don't expect much from me. :oops:
As long as we down the boss, you can do whatever DPS you want :D.

Let me know if you need me to buy you anything when I log this afternoon.

northwestdakota
Rofficer

#8 Post by northwestdakota » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:09 pm

Got everything I need, i'm not buying the 2 x dancing steel enchant though. 12k is a bit much for some entry level lfr weapons.
I don't hear as good as I used to, and I ain't as pretty as I used to be. But I'm still here - I'm the Ram.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#9 Post by Kelodur » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:58 pm

northwestdakota wrote:Got everything I need, i'm not buying the 2 x dancing steel enchant though. 12k is a bit much for some entry level lfr weapons.
Sure Tak, as per raiding rules, it's not needed to buy BIS enchants for everything, but even a low cost or old enchant is much better than no enchant.

northwestdakota
Rofficer

#10 Post by northwestdakota » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm

Already got the next best available. In truth Elodin was raid ready a few months before I quit so not much work was needed, though the gear has of course fallen behind. I even had flasks and food still from back then.