Legion - Mythic Nights!

Everything you need to know about raiding with us, and a place to ask questions and talk boss strategies.
Kelodur
Rofficer

Legion - Mythic Nights!

#1 Post by Kelodur » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:39 am

With Legion Mythics being the next step for most of us to gear up, we'd like to set up some regular Mythic nights to keep people around at the same time so that we have better chances to do Mythic guild runs.

We don't need anyone to register or to warrant that he will be present, we just like people to know that, if they want to do mythics, on a particular day / time combination they will find some other people around that want to do the same and they can enter the group finder together. This will particularly helpful for people trying to do Mythics as DPS, since it means they will have at least some healer / tank to stick with on group finder.

These will be pretty relaxed nights, so don't worry about preparation too much. For standard mythic it's enough if you just read the boss encounter info in the in game journal. Just bring whisky and patience as we will inevitably wipe over and over :D.

To do this, we need to know a couple of things:
1) What evenings are ok for you to play? At what time?
2) What frequency / duration of events you prefer? 1 night for 2-3 hours? 2 night for 1 hour each? Or some other combination?

Personally speaking, I'm available on Mon, Wed, Thu from around 7 p.m., on Sun more or less all day long (but not on all Sun), and on Wed, Fri, Sat from 10 p.m.

I prefer doing a couple of days for 1-2 hours at a time (enough to do 1 mythic for sure).
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

northwestdakota
Rofficer

Re: Legion - Mythic Nights!

#2 Post by northwestdakota » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:21 am

I'm available on any day really, I can plan around it. Time could be an issue during the week, I often don't get home till 19.30 UK time.

I think an hour would be enough. I managed to get into a mythic court of stars run last night. The group was terrible, gear was fine but the group (in particular the tank) was very bad. I don't mean didn't know the tactics bad, I mean the tank chain pulling trash and boss's before anyone was ready and no one having any idea on boss tactics. Despite that, we did clear the dungeon in less than an hour.

I find mythics to be challenging enough to be fun, but not too much to be annoying. They shouldn't take too long and are not harder than heroics from back in the BC days, in fact I would say easier. That said, there are keys to make the dungeons harder, so if we did this on a semi regular basis, even if it was just 3 of us plus pugs, would get make the dungeons hard and harder.

Would be awesome if we could get a Kara dungeon team together.
I don't hear as good as I used to, and I ain't as pretty as I used to be. But I'm still here - I'm the Ram.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#3 Post by Kelodur » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:20 pm

General note: with Karazhan being a 9 bosses mythic mega dungeon for 5 people we can easily do it as a guild team if we can spare around 1.5-2 hours per week. That's really a small amount of time compared to old time raiding, expecially since it doesn't really require any preparation. WE CAN DO IT!
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Glombeard
Legend

#4 Post by Glombeard » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:50 pm

GO GO US! (i mean you) For the Rofers!!
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

shindarak
Guild Master

#5 Post by shindarak » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:00 pm

i can probably do every evening. Would like to do it for 1-2 hours. I know some people who are occasionaly online who might want to join us on these runs (ziggster, mission (invinceble monkeys), nadina and a few from MM). We do have to look at our team composition though...
DV: healer (main), dps
Kel: tank (main), heals
Reyes: tank (main), dps (once he hits lvl 100)
Tak: dps on huntard and heals on druid
Shin: tank (main), dps. I am lvl-ing my rouge for more dps options. Feel free to request for another dps (probably ranged).
still waiting for the return of at least 5 other rof-raiders....not naming them (Troy, Rev, Kat, Fien and Glom)
"Do it with style, or don’t do it at all." -Jazz-

"Come back you cowards! I'll bite your legs off!!!" -de-limbed black knight-

Kelodur
Rofficer

#6 Post by Kelodur » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:54 pm

I will gladly heal as main spec if needed. I've both artifacts at lvl 13 right now and I've got similar gear for both specs. I just can't DPS, because I'm one of the worse melee DPS I know, so I would be underperforming in that spec. If I ever manage to level up my Warlock, I will DPS on that one.

As of now, me, Shin, Tak and DV are in for this. Everyone but me can do it every night, but DV can't attend every night. I will wait for other people to chime in and then put the events ingame for everyone to see.

Would it be ok to do this Mon and Thu @ 21 server time (20 uk time)? Or it's too early for you Tak?

Deathviper
Guild Master (Retired)

#7 Post by Deathviper » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:38 pm

With the exception of Friday and Saturday none of the other days are particularly good/bad for me but I would just have to see on the day if I can make it, 20:00 UK is pretty much ideal for me though so no complaints there.

I'm not sure how good my dps would be but happy to give it a try when we have all the other positions covered, but wouldn't mind alternating if there is frequently too many healers.
"Puny God!"

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#8 Post by Revolver » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:59 am

I don't know what any of this is, but it's still awesome.

Go TEAM!
Stealth is an option.

Fienasre
Legend

#9 Post by Fienasre » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:19 pm

What, Shin... you want Fish to come back and play? AMAZING.

Stop tempting me
│o_

shindarak
Guild Master

#10 Post by shindarak » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:01 pm

I don't know what any of this is, but it's still awesome.
it means we need a dead-priest-holy-spirit-healer like yourself to help us out in the guidlruns to clear mythical karazan 8)
"Do it with style, or don’t do it at all." -Jazz-

"Come back you cowards! I'll bite your legs off!!!" -de-limbed black knight-