Legion - Mythic Nights!

Everything you need to know about raiding with us, and a place to ask questions and talk boss strategies.
Kelodur
Rofficer

Re: Legion - Mythic Nights!

#51 Post by Kelodur » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:27 pm

So... PROGRESS! As Tak said, we cleared three Mythic Dungeons yesterday, but the most important thing is that we're slowly but steadily getting back in shape. Yes, the Renegades are looking AWESOME again (even if Shin looks more like A...WE....SO......ME, cause of all the lag).

We started by going to Blackrook Hold. Reyes tanking (on 4G nonetheless!), Tak dpsing, The Kel healing when not dead and Shin disconnecting. After clearing a couple of packs, Shin decides that it's time to enjoy some time with the cable guy, and we go for the place along with 2 randoms. BRH is a confusing place to navigate, there is a lot of trash AND some named trash that hit really hard, but we went thru and confronted with the place in pure random Renegade style: wiping on trash and razing bosses. I felt sluggish for most of the dungeon and it wasn't the most clean run EVAH, but we did it and it was all good and well by the end. If anything, we were left with a slightly sour taste in our collective mouths as all the wipes highlighted how much un-ready we were for Mythics+.

Shin finally stopped entertaining with the cable guy, and he decided to join us for more fun. Destination: one of the gated Suramar dungeons. We form a group, get to the entrance of the dungeon, and discover that Shin can't enter. A lotta Ilvl and a badge. We dropped the poor random that was waiting for us inside, and moved on.

And then it happened. The magic. The spirit of revenge came to us like a rampaging angel (uh?) and as we entered the dungeon that's universally* considered the hardest (Vault of the Wardens). I don't know what happened there, but we decided we could actually come and PLAY while we were at it, and it showed. It's an hard dungeon, and there are some hard boss mechanics that require everyone to stand on his toes, and even if we wiped a couple of times, we made it in a reasonable time and with the feeling of being really good at what we were doing. Hey, we were so good that Tak, in his infinite optimism, stated that he was sure the place was nerfed :D.

Thing is, these new dungeons... they play like old raids at times. Some bosses have very involved mechanics and if you don't pay attention to where you stand, and to the abilities targeting you, you're dead. That, or your healer dies of exhaustion trying to keep you alive. It's quite refreshing to have to use all the abilities you have at your disposal to get thru the encounter, and this is basically the last pieces in the streamlining puzzle of WoW: as I hoped, Blizzard reduced the number of abilities you have in your bar, only to make the encounters far more complex, making the game much more reactive and less mechanical. I.e. if you plan to stand firing spells in place, forget about it. Some encounters have so much movement it's hard to stand in the same spot for the second needed to cast a spell.

After Vault, we went to Violet Hold, and boy, how better we have got since last time we went there! Violet Hold is a big, uncomfortable, smeared mass of damage coming to you, but we were just indestructible by then. My healing was at its best there, and I think I've used every single ability I had at my disposal in it. Including stoneform. Or that was in Vault? Tak congratulated me for the healing and for once I have to say I agree with someone complimenting with me: I was epic on VH.

But everyone else was EPIC everywhere, and last night was just one of those nights where you feel proud of being part of the guild and all.

Highlights of the night:
1) I got a sheet of paper with the controls and a recap of all the strange healing cooldowns I have. Reyes loved being healed by a guy that had to flip thru his notes to get how to shield him from incoming damage.
2) Rolling on the floor laughing when Shin finally said that he didn't have the attunement for the Suramar dungeons, I think I would have payed a bunch to see the face of the random we summoned for it.
3) Finishing bosses with the healer, or the tank, or both, down. There's no better progress than the one you make just barely.
4) Tak admitting we got a dps making more damage than him. "It's the first time since Legion was released". Boy, that made my day :D.
5) Tak before whisky, and Sere making fun of his legendary optimism. "Say something positive once tonight, I know it's hard but you can do it".
6) Me getting the light on Cordana, and somehow managing to follow the right tactics while being mildly* confused by them, only to die at last split second. "I couldn't find the hole there." You can imagine the follow up from Shin and Tak.
7) Swordetta. Reyes, you're a fucking genius.

What more can I add... next Mythic night is on Thursday, let's rock the place some more!

RENEGADES!
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#52 Post by Revolver » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:57 pm

This forum so fucking needs a Like button right now.

Go TEAM!!
Stealth is an option.

northwestdakota
Rofficer

#53 Post by northwestdakota » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:04 pm

Ha ha, love the review Kel :)

"Hey, we were so good that Tak, in his infinite optimism, stated that he was sure the place was nerfed"

Made me proper belly laugh. Awesome fun all round.
I don't hear as good as I used to, and I ain't as pretty as I used to be. But I'm still here - I'm the Ram.

Fienasre
Legend

#54 Post by Fienasre » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:17 am

Aching fingers!
Great read on some epic progress. I guess the renegade spirit never died :)
│o_

Kelodur
Rofficer

#55 Post by Kelodur » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:18 pm

I can't be there tonight, you will have to keep up the Renegade name without me!

Good luck mates!
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Reyes
Rofficer

#56 Post by Reyes » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:42 pm

Yeah I didn't realise we were still doing Thursday as well so I made other plans
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

northwestdakota
Rofficer

#57 Post by northwestdakota » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:14 pm

Bah
I don't hear as good as I used to, and I ain't as pretty as I used to be. But I'm still here - I'm the Ram.

Reyes
Rofficer

#58 Post by Reyes » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:24 pm

Are we going on Monday again?
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

Kelodur
Rofficer

#59 Post by Kelodur » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:04 pm

I have set up an event for tonight, yes. Who will be there?

BTW, I've done a Mythic +2. It's definitely doable if you know what you're doing: it's not *that* harder than standard Mythic, you just need to pull more in some places and soak the high spikes damage of the big pulls using cooldowns, and you get loot even if you don't complete it in time. And I think you get the additional loot at the start of the week too. Maybe. I'll see this Wednsday.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#60 Post by Kelodur » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:30 pm

Can't be on tonight, sorry, good luck if you form up a team!