Legion Mythic progression!

Everything you need to know about raiding with us, and a place to ask questions and talk boss strategies.
Kelodur
Rofficer

Re: Legion Mythic progression!

#11 Post by Kelodur » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:47 am

About the Mythic nights: we have done this 2 times on Thursday. DV and Reyes couldn't attend either night; do you guys prefer to change day of the week for this event? I know Shin will be alright from next Thursday, but since there are so few of us around it would be nice if everyone was able to be there at least once in a while.
Let me know! And GO RENEGADES!
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

northwestdakota
Rofficer

#12 Post by northwestdakota » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:12 pm

Yeah, it was a great run. I felt the whole group was strong, tanking was solid, healing was strong and the DPS in terms of actual output was very strong. I kept making basic mistakes but 4 hours sleep and a kids birthday had left me asleep at my computer, so I won't beat myself up too much :)

I was second 2nd on the DPS charts to a BM hunter. Our gear was not massively different, but his DPS was a about 20% higher than mine. I really feel like most of that will be the BM spec. Its a bit annoying that the most basic, simple and crucially boring as hell spec is the one that rewards you the most. I know specs are always going to be up and down, but it feels like BM has been in a similar position for most of my wow playing time.

Surely it makes sense to make the more challenging specs the more rewarding, im really just talking about each spec here. But when you compare class's, the same can be said for Disc priests entirely. A very hard spec to get into, it is very fun but really what is the point? Low DPS and the worst healing class in the game? I'm sure they are handy in raids I guess. I dunno, it just feels a shame to get the best numbers sometimes you have to play a bad spec. Don't get me started on survival hunters!
I don't hear as good as I used to, and I ain't as pretty as I used to be. But I'm still here - I'm the Ram.

Deathviper
Guild Master (Retired)

#13 Post by Deathviper » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:16 pm

I meant to say actually that I cannot do Thursday's now, I said to a mate a while back that I would join their pool team at the start of the next season which happened to be last night so I will no longer be on.

I can't guarantee I will be available other nights but there is certainly a chance that I will be Mon to Wed.
"Puny God!"

Kelodur
Rofficer

#14 Post by Kelodur » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:47 am

PROGRESS!

Last night we did the first Mythic needed for Karazhan attunement, Halls of Valor, with a 4 men team of AWESOMENESS: Reyes tanking, me healing, Tak shooting stuff with his trademark huntard and Shin being generally useless with his rouge.

We came, we saw, we wip... we conquered. Ok, wiping *a couple of times* in between (mostly on trash, Renegades style). And having tons of fun too. Compared to last week it was a far less smooth run, but the upbeat feel of the night made wiping on trash and dying in several stupid ways quite entertaining. My healing didn't feel that bad or hard, but staying alive while healing was an issue (both cause I'm not used at moving around as a tank, and because I keep forgetting to heal myself).

We had our share of botched pulls and I was even killed by a mob that Rey didn't aggro in time, a first in my WoW career as far as I can remember (not me dying, that's just me, I don't think I ever seen Reyes not having aggro on everything, including the other players probably). So yeah, it felt like 4 old heroes going back at dungeoneering after a long pause, but that also showed in the party chat, that was just BRILLIANT (I got 875 btw :D).

Highlight of the night: the return of CC! For the first time in a LOOOOONG time, we needed CC to steadily progress in the dungeon, and we even needed to respect it and not un-CC mobs after, say, 5 seconds. Well, Tak didn't, but you know, huntard and all that jazz. Seeing mob with stars around their head again almost brung tears to my eyes.

Good times, good times. You're missing out if you're not there with us so... what do you all expect to sub again?
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

northwestdakota
Rofficer

#15 Post by northwestdakota » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:30 pm

Yep, good fun last night.Looking forward to the next run already. And I agree, healing and staying alive when healing in mythics is a bitch!
I don't hear as good as I used to, and I ain't as pretty as I used to be. But I'm still here - I'm the Ram.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#16 Post by Kelodur » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:17 pm

So, I haven't wrote down anything about the night when we went to Arcway, but it's never too late I guess!

I think people are REALLY starting to recognize Renegade of Funk as the "let's do things messy" guild. We meet up and decide to go to a Suramar dungeon, using a democratical process known as "whoever says something first, gets to choose where to go". Reyes wins, we get a 5th random and we're off to the Arcway! Me healing, Rey tanking, Tak dpsing on Tak and Shin dpsing on Rougster. After last week, we asked in advance to Shin if he was attuned and he was all "no problemo!"... only to see his virtual face plastered on the dungeon's entrance as he tried to enter. Well, looks like Rougster can't do it, but Shin can, and so after a fast switch we can finally begin.

I didn't like the Arcway at all, as whoever was there can testify. I don't like the looks of it, it's chock full of trash, and the bosses are quite straightforward given the difficulty of the trash that precedes them. And boy, we did love to die on that trash. Actually I think we died a lot less after the first 30-45 minutes, but the first part of the dungeon was quite sloppy. I think we were all just too "cold" to start with a dungeon like this.

Halfway thru, our random partner leaves without saying a word (and we hadn't even wiped when that happened!) leaving us with a better dps that was also more talkative and enjoyable. By then we are all far more ready to the challenge and we proceed to the last boss without many problems. And then, the fun began.

See, there is this thing to say about Blizzard: you think you have seen all the ways they have got to make you some stupid mistake that will make you feel ashamed in front of your laughing guildies forever (Heigan! Remember Beo there? Boy, that was FUN!), and they always find a new way to embarass you. Last boss of the Arcway has a middle phase where you get spawned somewhere in the Arcway as a ghost and you have to go back to the boss. For some people this is just easy peasy, for the geographically challenged like me... not so.

And so I got lost. And then I got lost again. And then I almost made it, but hey, I followed the random druid, and he got lost, so it's NOT MY FAULT! In the end, thanks to Reyes slowing down a little (while thinking we were all fucking idiots, I'm quite sure), and me actually being able to follow the pimple on the head of Reyes around, we finally made it.

It took us quite some time, and it wasn't the smoother evening, but we're doing stable progress, and we are enjoying it immensely.

Glom, Rev, Troy, Fien and whoever else is reading it without playing The Game right now... you're really missing something special.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#17 Post by Revolver » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:04 pm

Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up.

(seriously though, sounds AMAZING, wish I was there)
Stealth is an option.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#18 Post by Kelodur » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:08 pm

Revolver wrote:Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up.

(seriously though, sounds AMAZING, wish I was there)
Wait for the report about Karazhan. That will bring up tears to your eyes.

Glombeard
Legend

#19 Post by Glombeard » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:43 pm

..all these moments will be lost in time like tears in the rain..
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

shindarak
Guild Master

#20 Post by shindarak » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:24 pm

...I'll do my crying in the rain...
"Do it with style, or don’t do it at all." -Jazz-

"Come back you cowards! I'll bite your legs off!!!" -de-limbed black knight-