The end.

Everything you need to know about raiding with us, and a place to ask questions and talk boss strategies.
Kelodur
Rofficer

The end.

#1 Post by Kelodur » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:25 pm

I have wrote several "goodbye" posts in my WoW career, and most of them were quite dramatic. Coming from long stretches of play, I was often feeling burned, bored, tired. Sometimes I was feeling the burden of being an officer and dealing with all the drama or the organisational tasks. Sundays spent trying to sort out if we had a team, bothering people to sign up just to have one more time at Ultraxion or whatever was the wall of the moment. Sometimes I was just bored by dailies and dailies and well, everybody knows I wasn't doing them anyway so it felt like a burden even if I wasn't doing them, and oh, well, it was just that the sun outside was calling me, or my ex-wife was trying to kill me because of my addiction to the game, or both.

But in my heart I knew it was always about taking some time before the next time I was going back to the game, and the guild, and the joys of being a Renegade.

Not this time.

Because I'm not bored, nor burned, nor tired. Battle for Azeroth will be released soon, and I'm pumped up and hyped and ready to rrrrrumble. But, I decided, no more as a Renegade.

Kel last raids with the guild were the AWESOME ones that brought down Deathwing. We had some Pandaria try here and there, but it never worked. I was very proud for the Deathwing kill cause I dedicated all the time and the sparse talent I had to make the best of our limited time. It was really a BIG success for me, and you made me proud like a father at his son first recital. But I already knew back then it was going to be our last big show. Numbers were dwindling, the Cel affair basically killed the guild raiding team (something I was responsible for - this time in a bad way), and the people still in the guild with some will to raid weren't just enough, or skilled enough, or motivated enough.

I still wanted to bear the Renegade colours everywhere I went and this lead to many expansions without raiding. I managed to get some pug raiding in normals, but it wasn't really the same as raiding and wiping and wiping and wiping and wiping til you got the encounter right. The struggle wasn't there. The feeling of camaraderie wasn't there.

I kept telling me that I didn't *need* raiding to enjoy the game, that I didn't have the time to do it, and I was mostly right, I guess. And last exp we did put quite a good display of love for the Renegade banner as we managed to stick together one last time for the Mythic guild runs that basically led us to do some hard content toghether again in a very, very long time.

But now I've decided I want to get a little bit more out of my WoW time. I want to get back to raiding, and there is no way I can do it as a Renegade.

And so, the Kel is done. I'm leaving the guild. It might not mean much to most of you, as you've not played for a long time now, but it means a lot for me, as I'm stepping down from my officer role, from the role I've had in the last few years in trying to keep the name of the Renegade alive, and from the role I've tried to cover in Legion to try to see if we just could do anything together again.

And I'm leaving the Alliance too, cause there is no way I could join another Alliance guild with Kel, so I'm basically moving to an horde guild and giving DPS a try for the first time in 14 years.

I don't know who of my alts will be staying on Alliance, but I will soon log on and demote myself (I can do that, right?) in any case with whoever is left.

Thanks for all the fun we had together in all these years, and thanks for making the Renegade name something I'm still proud of as of today.

Even if no one of you is still playing. You fuckers. :ninja:

I love you.
The Kel
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

Re: The end.

#2 Post by Revolver » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:21 pm

Good luck with your Horde raiding, Kel. It was an honour raiding with you (like, 8 years ago or something, when I last played). The legend will never die.

Renegade for life, yo.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#3 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:33 pm

Good luck Kel. Do you already have a new home or you need to find one?

No doubt it's still an awesome game if you have the time for it. Obviously I'd have time for it, if we could raid for 20 hours over 3 days and then do nothing for 2 weeks..

Also it would have to be free.

Other than that, I'd definitely be playing, because the times we used to have were the best of times.

Anyway yeah, hope it all works out. And don't be a stranger. You need to stay around - how else will you know how good the latest comic book movie is without find out in Oblivion?
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#4 Post by Kelodur » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:07 am

Thank you, Renegades! Troy, you're definitely right there... "the times we used to have were the best of times". I can't really agree more.

I have found the new guild, it's called The Northern Lights. Looks quite active, and they accepted me to the raid team based on my previous - even if old - experiences. With the flex raid model we have now in WoW is far more easier to incorporate somebody new in the team, and they still have all the time in the world to kick me out if I underperform :D. They raid 2 nights per week, but they are ok with me raiding even once per week if I can't make it to both raids. So, it's a quite cool but dedicated raiding team. Reminds me of our old raiding ways tbh.

And if you're wondering how Kelodur looks right now...

FOR THE HORDE!
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Reyes
Rofficer

#5 Post by Reyes » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:14 am

only 1 legendary? what a noob
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

Fienasre
Legend

#6 Post by Fienasre » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:29 am

I think it's two legendaries, Newb.

Kel! Good Luck in there! And most of all, have fun! Don't you dare become a stranger to the forum though. Being a Renegade is not a coat you can just replace. It's in your skin!
Now, get out there and do us proud. Spread the love and take the Funk with you!

HE WANTED DO THEY!
│o_

Glombeard
Legend

#7 Post by Glombeard » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:34 am

GoodLuck, Have fun!
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Kelodur
Rofficer

#8 Post by Kelodur » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:44 am

Reyes wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:14 am
only 1 legendary? what a noob
I am a noob for sure. But I have been also extremely unlucky with the drops. After I while, I just stopped doing things that could drop the second legendary and just kept doing whatever I felt it was fun. Since I didn't have any gear objective (be it for raiding or for mythic + or whatever) I just completely forgot about ilvl whoring. And it was definitely a big step up in my quality of life too :D.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#9 Post by Revolver » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:59 am

Kelodur wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:07 am
"the times we used to have were the best of times"
This kinda makes me sad, because it's so true and we all know it's never going to be like that again.

Stupid anecdote time... I was watching a documentary last night about the making of the Iggy Pop album Post Pop Depression. The album's a collaboration with Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age, and he keeps blabbering on about seizing the moment, and how special moments like that only happen once and you have to enjoy them. At the time I was thinking "Oh shut up you twat and get on with the music bits", but he's probably got a point.

Meh. I have no clue if that's even possible with something like a 3-year stint playing an MMORPG with some people you never met. Whatever. The best of times.
Stealth is an option.

Fienasre
Legend

#10 Post by Fienasre » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:37 pm

Meh. I have no clue if that's even possible with something like a 3-year stint playing an MMORPG with some people you never met. Whatever. The best of times.
Don't forget late night chat in those days, though... I think we know some of each others deepest, darkest secrets.
│o_