The mistery of Eman's aggro : here comes the dmg!!!

Stunning pictures of our recent exploits. And of people jumping off things.
Finlaggan

#11 Post by Finlaggan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:54 am

Tbh it's not hard to respec for a raid. When I was raiding I always respecced from pvp to a solely pve spec. It's expensive but with the amount of dailys availible it's not hard to come by the gold necessary. As raid progression gets further every bit of extra dmg counts, esp with dps races like void reaver.

I don't pretend to know anything about droods but I think that you should cap you hit first. Bigs crits are nice but no use if you waste your 2.5s cast(or whatever) for it to be resisted.

Not having a go but thats my $0.02

edit: Hit>Dmg>Crit as found here http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 1&pageNo=1

Reyes
Rofficer

#12 Post by Reyes » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:41 am

i think the real "mistery" is why you are still casting when you are top of the threat list
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

Herman

#13 Post by Herman » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:54 am

Yeah, if you look at your own threat meter, you notice that on last 2 crits you are already on the top and should have stopped all casting/changed target.

I think in your case it would be easiest to manage trash aggro by switching target to offtanked mob every now and then. That would give main tank some more seconds to build. And also what triam said about staying constant 6k below tank threat.
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

Emanwele

#14 Post by Emanwele » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:43 am

ok i understand but change talent is too much expensive guys and anyway i dnt want do it either if it is free... my balance three is untouchable is a good measure from pvp to pve i like a lot pvp and pve and u cant tell me to choose ...i remember that in that guild there is freedom with talent choose and imp FF
imo sux too much to waste 3 point in :mad:

if blizzard in the new expansion will put a hand on his hart and make it ( increase the chance to hit with melee ranged AND SPELLS ) then i will but not now sry... i respeching from my previous talent tree for u all guys ( reduce the threat of your spells ) i dnt had it before and is useless in pvp but i still have it for the raid...
another change and i become totaly pvp useless
<GM> Greetings! im the GM...hey Eman! how's going? i must bann you from the frorum again...
[Emanwele]: again?! come on bud! i was joking!!
<GM> im sry Eman...that are the rules...
[Emanwele]: ... hey! what's that thing down there?!
<GM> what??
Emanwele vanish from the sight

Lantori

#15 Post by Lantori » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:47 am

I have to agree with the spellhit-rating eman, to make your dps better you need get that higher. It's easy aswell with a few yellow gems. And watch your aggro more.

But still, very nice you're making progress and getting better gear. Grats!
[img]http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5896/pinkpaw2at3.jpg[/img]

Emanwele

#16 Post by Emanwele » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:49 am

Lantori wrote:I have to agree with the spellhit-rating eman, to make your dps better you need get that higher. It's easy aswell with a few yellow gems. And watch your aggro more.

But still, very nice you're making progress and getting better gear. Grats!
agree with u i'll change imediatly gems in +hit rating( even if i miss with spells very rarely)! anyway talent build is untouchable :)
<GM> Greetings! im the GM...hey Eman! how's going? i must bann you from the frorum again...
<GM> what??

Deathviper
Guild Master (Retired)

#17 Post by Deathviper » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:52 am

Emanwele wrote:
Triam wrote:
Emanwele wrote:rly i need just BoS guys this will help a lot ( i find myself evrytime with BoM..)
unfortunately we only had 2 paladins and since most of our druids tank for us it would be fairly pointless to give you all BoS so that 1/3 or 1/4 of you can generate less aggro.
then can i get a single buff? now is 10 min is a lot! but i still hear something like '' no i cant change buff for evryone''

make an exception for this uberthreater balance plz! :D
Ok I will say this once here for refrence. When doing 25 mans it is just not practical to be sticking 10 man differant buffs on everyone, we have 3 specs of druids, 2 possible specs of hunters, 2 priests, 2 warriers, 2 shamen .... If I was to have to rebuff these all individually we would spending half the raid buffing.

Ok last night with three paladins (at the end) you maybe should have got salvation (however with 2 druid tanks you could easily argue that light/kings/might is more important), however, as I was only there for 30 mins and we were trying not to waste too much time so we could hit the boss twice the biffs were not 100% coordinated (and inadvertantly led to me ninja pulling :P).

So basically, when I am in there with Kraj, the tanks will always get priority on buffs I'm afraid, I will try if possible to get a 10 min salvation buff on you but I offer no guarentees, I get continuous whispers when raiding for people saying can I have this or that and unless they have a specific job (ie Banjo tanking Maulgar) I just cant do them all
"Puny God!"

Lantori

#18 Post by Lantori » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:54 am

Emanwele wrote:ok i understand but change talent is too much expensive guys and anyway i dnt want do it either if it is free... my balance three is untouchable is a good measure from pvp to pve i like a lot pvp and pve and u cant tell me to choose ...i remember that in that guild there is freedom with talent choose and imp FF

if blizzard in the new expansion will put a hand on his hart and make it ( increase the chance to hit with melee ranged AND SPELLS ) then i will but not now sry... i respeching from my previous talent tree for u all guys ( reduce the threat of your spells ) i dnt had it before and is useless in pvp but i still have it for the raid...
Well I'm sorry Eman, but the same rules apply for everyone in the guild. If you want to spend more time in PVP it's fine, we've had some great pvp'ers in our guild, but when they did that they weren't very active raiders.
If you want to be chosen for the serious raiding parties we have to know that you are trying to do your best. Imp. faerie fire isn't the most important talent, as all the melee DPS should have hit the hitrating cap, aswell as ranged DPS (but as we have noticed in this thread some people haven't), but as this is a mostly casual guild and people aren't really all there yet, that talent does matter in our raids.
But it's really up to you Eman. If people want us to do great stuff and see new places everyone has to do their best.
[img]http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5896/pinkpaw2at3.jpg[/img]

Emanwele

#19 Post by Emanwele » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:03 am

Lantori wrote:
Emanwele wrote:ok i understand but change talent is too much expensive guys and anyway i dnt want do it either if it is free... my balance three is untouchable is a good measure from pvp to pve i like a lot pvp and pve and u cant tell me to choose ...i remember that in that guild there is freedom with talent choose and imp FF

Well I'm sorry Eman, but the same rules apply for everyone in the guild. If you want to spend more time in PVP it's fine, we've had some great pvp'ers in our guild, but when they did that they weren't very active raiders.
If you want to be chosen for the serious raiding parties we have to know that you are trying to do your best. Imp. faerie fire isn't the most important talent, as all the melee DPS should have hit the hitrating cap, aswell as ranged DPS (but as we have noticed in this thread some people haven't), but as this is a mostly casual guild and people aren't really all there yet, that talent does matter in our raids.
But it's really up to you Eman. If people want us to do great stuff and see new places everyone has to do their best.
an this is clear i want raiding and see new places too :) for that i'll make some lil changes with my gems ( i always do my best in raid i guess...well
sometime my mouse click too much time on Starfire ok!! :oops: i'll learn
better hwo to manage my click
<GM> what??

Herman

#20 Post by Herman » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:03 pm

If I have understood our principles correctly we are only going to require respecs if build is plain ineffective for raids, I don't think Eman has been ineffective.
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.