DPS Scale Factors

Game-related articles and links to some useful sites. Please add your own favourites.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

#31 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:42 pm

SimCraft will support TPS soon. Maybe you could switch to healing then.

In other news, I can't get 3.3 to work yet.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#32 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:16 pm

I can get it to work using the graphical UI version. The small problem here is that I can't set latency figures manually. The choices are:

Low latency: Queue = 0.075, GCD = 0.150, Channel = 0.250
High Latency: Queue = 0.150, GCD = 0.300, Channel = 0.500

This also has other options, like if you are Elite, Good, Average, Ouch Fire Is Hot. I have no clue what these options do.

Anyway, here's me with 3.3 and low latency.

http://rof.the-wyvern.net/forum/SimCraft/Troy.html

And here's me again with high latency.

http://rof.the-wyvern.net/forum/SimCraf ... tency.html

My value for Haste has indeed risen considerably.

Will get on to Tak and the rest soon.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#33 Post by Kelodur » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:20 pm

TroyBlade wrote: This also has other options, like if you are Elite, Good, Average, Ouch Fire Is Hot. I have no clue what these options do.
Probably they add some "body latency" between your keypresses, so that if you're average you still lose some time between spells because you don't macro them all. I recall seeing something similar in RAWR.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#34 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:24 pm

Actually the new ones are quite nice with the stat weight scaling plotting.

If you look at both of mine, the value for hit scaling is really high, like double the spell power. But I'm currently about 0.1% under being capped, as evidenced by the 0.1% miss values in the simulation result.

That makes little sense, but you can see in the graph that my scaling for hit tables out at 0, which is exactly what we expect. The graph can show trend curves, so even if 2 stats are the same value now, one might be better as you get more of it. I don't have that myself but might be interesting to look at Armor Pen for some other classes, for example.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#35 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:18 pm

Ok so, here's 3.3 Tak.

The standard url (like on the OP) is now the high latency version but both here for initial comparison.

http://rof.the-wyvern.net/forum/SimCraft/Tak.html

http://rof.the-wyvern.net/forum/SimCraf ... tency.html

However. I'll probably redo everything yet again in a while. The new version I'm using with the graphical UI is much easier to make adjustments to, that last, ie they don't get overwritten every time I reget the toon from the armory. This means I can make the raid more realistic for us. For example I can remove Boomkin, Mage, DK and Feral Druid buffs. And I can more easily add Heroic Presence. I'll probably have a play around to get a pretty normal for us raid and then start all over again.

Also, once done, I can, on request, rerun sims for people who want to try out alternate gear.

Although I could use a little help if you're going to ask for that. Rather than say, hey Troy, run me with please, I would want something like:

Hey Troy

Please replace my main hand with the following:

main_hand=Quel'Delar_Lens_of_the_Mind,stats=54crit_49haste_657sp_59sta_59int,enchant=63sp,weapon=sword_2.10speed_119min_379max

or

ranged=the_diplomat,stats=59ap_15hit_26crit_35agi_20sta,gems=10str_10agi_10sta_10int_10spi_4agi,enchant=40crit,weapon=gun_2.80speed_387.4min_660.4max

as an example that includes a gem (and socket bonus).

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#36 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:27 pm

Although I would have to do some research I think, because I don't know exactly which classes and specs bring which buffs.

Things like Earth & Moon, I can easily turn that off.

Bleed Effect. I wouldn't know. I doubt Reyes Rends but is deep wounds a bleed and does it have 100% uptime? I'm not asking that question, just giving an example of the things that I don't know.

Reyes
Rofficer

#37 Post by Reyes » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:32 pm

TroyBlade wrote:Actually the new ones are quite nice with the stat weight scaling plotting.

If you look at both of mine, the value for hit scaling is really high, like double the spell power. But I'm currently about 0.1% under being capped, as evidenced by the 0.1% miss values in the simulation result.

That makes little sense, but you can see in the graph that my scaling for hit tables out at 0, which is exactly what we expect. The graph can show trend curves, so even if 2 stats are the same value now, one might be better as you get more of it. I don't have that myself but might be interesting to look at Armor Pen for some other classes, for example.
It does say below the scale factors that hit (and expertise) are rated by the DPS loss from removing it, rather than the gain
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#38 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Nope, I can hover over each buff and debuff and it tells me what causes it.

In my example, Rip, Rupture, Piercing Shots.

Although that still doesn't quite answer it, because now I need to go and check if Tak or KC have Piercing Shots at a reasonable uptime because I have no clue. (They don't.)

So yeah, I can turn off Bleeds. But this whole thing will take a while.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#39 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:18 pm

Have redone (again!) Troy and Tak with what I think are accurate raid buffs for us. We're dropping like flies. :cry:

Unlikely as it may be that I have made an error, here are the options I picked.

You might query Intellect, but personally I carry a stack of Int scrolls to raids now that we never have a mage.

Let me know if you spot anything I got wrong.

I assumed,

Warrior and Pala tank.
Druid, Pala, Priest heals.
DestroLock, EnhShaman, EleShaman, RetPala, SurvHunter, SPriest.

Which obviously is 11 people thus impossible. Not sure who to remove though. Could remove a healer and not lose anything but that wouldn't be very likely in progression content.

northwestdakota
Rofficer

#40 Post by northwestdakota » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:04 pm

Does that take into account the hunter talent "Expose weakness"? It gives me a buff of 25% Agi that is close to always up. I am not quite sure how it works now though, it used to out a debuff on the mob that the whole raid would benefit from, I know that s no longer the case but I think the debuff still gets applied.
I don't hear as good as I used to, and I ain't as pretty as I used to be. But I'm still here - I'm the Ram.