Ask Mr Robot

Game-related articles and links to some useful sites. Please add your own favourites.
Deathviper
Guild Master (Retired)

Ask Mr Robot

#1 Post by Deathviper » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:57 pm

Some of you may have already seen this from wowinsider but if not, take a look at http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear.

It is a simple to use gear optimizer based on stat weightings (which can be edited, but there are presets for each class updated for 4.0.6 built in).

It shows you such things as best in slot items for different progression levels (pre-raid, raid, heroic raids), optimized gemming/reforging/enchanting etc.

All in all it is very easy to use and looks very useful when combined with Simulationcraft.

I'm sure some people will realise that Rawr could do the same thing but I find this much easier to use and I have found Rawr buggy and inaccurate ever since cata. This still uses simulationcraft to do all the big number crunching and then applies those numbers into gear for you in a simple to understand way.
"Puny God!"

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

Re: Ask Mr Robot

#2 Post by Revolver » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:26 pm

Hell, even I understand that!

That's pretty sweet.
Stealth is an option.

Deathviper
Guild Master (Retired)

#3 Post by Deathviper » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:23 am

Oh and if anyone wants me to run a sim on them to get their stat weightings just shout in the dps scale factors thread and I (or Troy if he beats me to it) will run one off.
"Puny God!"

Glombeard
Legend

#4 Post by Glombeard » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:35 am

d'oh my "love mrrobot" replay is in another thread.. :oops:
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Celellach
Legend

#5 Post by Celellach » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:03 am

Deathviper wrote:Oh and if anyone wants me to run a sim on them to get their stat weightings just shout in the dps scale factors thread and I (or Troy if he beats me to it) will run one off.
For us warriors, are the stat weightings that askrobot gives wrong?
I want to play a game.
http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profile.asp?user=celellach#col

Deathviper
Guild Master (Retired)

#6 Post by Deathviper » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:07 am

Ratings are dependant on gear so everybodys is differant.

They will be in the same ballpark as the real ones but there can sometimes be quite big differances, the only way you can get acurate values is simming yourself.
"Puny God!"