Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

#27791 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:33 pm

I don't know much about those huge battles. I'm talking about single or small group stealth bombers. I've watched a bunch of videos from their point of view. They basically go around finding people solo mining.

It's quite interesting because those solo miners are really more often than you'd expect, just bait. But for me, playing solo, I'd never be bait, I'd be the victim.

Anyway, I think my good PC is probably not good enough any more..
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#27792 Post by Revolver » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:54 pm

My kids bought me Wipeout for Father's Day. It's beautiful! I need to get my groove back though. Not played it properly for many years and I'm struggling to win lots of races.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#27793 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:40 pm

I was a bit confused about Wipeout - I thought I saw a new one that was especially awesome on the Pro, and then I saw "The Wipeout Collection" which sounds like remasters. Are they the same thing?

I don't think they are for me either way.

Assassin's Creed Origins seems to have gone all Dark Souls with its combat. That might be the first one I buy since 3 and the first one I play since 2. But it's a wait for sale though.

I seem to have lost the path to the Atlas in NMS. And also lost the path to Polo and Nando or whoever they are. I think they weren't the same path. I don't think I'll be playing much longer if I don't somehow find that path again.

One thing about it - I came across a freighter. And it was for sale for 14.5 million (which was ever so slightly beyond my means). But it only had 18 slots. My crappy B class shuttle already has 24 slots. And it had no tech.

I'm guessing freighters are simply extra storage and not ships that you fly around in. Or, what are they for?

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#27794 Post by Revolver » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:35 pm

Yeah, it's the Wipeout Omega collection. It's a remaster of a bunch of older PS3 and Vita games, most of which I've already finished. But it's so shiny!

No idea if it's any better on the pro.

No idea about NMS, either. I just like exploring and renaming stuff.
Stealth is an option.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#27795 Post by Revolver » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:57 pm

Right, I've found somebody to play Bridge Crew with (The Legendary Tamlyn, Saviour of the Forums, Saviour of Our Sanity!), so I'm getting that this week. We need two more for a full crew, though.
Stealth is an option.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#27796 Post by Revolver » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:57 pm

Lolz. I forgot the forum did that. Hat eating contest!
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#27797 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:11 pm

I keep trying to decide what to get in terms of a new toy for myself and I don't think it's going to be PSVR just yet.

The current list, which changes almost every single day, would be something like:

A BONE.
A new TV.
PSVR.
PS4 Pro.
A new PC.
A Switch.

The BONE went to #1 today after I watched the Eurogamer video about State of Decay 2.

But the trouble with the BONE is that it's not a BONE X.

And the trouble with today's logic is that State of Decay 2 isn't out until Q2 2018 at the earliest.

In conclusion, I'm not buying anything.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#27798 Post by Revolver » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:05 pm

Awkward list. There's no point in getting the TV until you have the Pro or the XBX, and no point in either of those unless you have the TV.

The VR is great, but better with the Pro. But you could have both and some games for the price of the PC.

The Switch is awesome if you like Zelda and travel a lot. I probably wouldn't have got one just to play at home.

So, in summary just get whatever you fancy the most.

Oh, and I fear the summer's going to be too sweaty for extended VR sessions. Not tried it since it's gotten really hot.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#27799 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:39 am

Yeah but you don't live in the frozen wastes of Scandinavia. It's like 17 degrees today, for example.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#27800 Post by Kelodur » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 am

I think that's the conondrum with these so-called 4k consoles. They cost too much to be used on a HDTV, and if you want a 4K TV you have to spend a LOT more. And you don't want a 4K HDTV unless you have an old TV you want to change, cause the only real use for that is playing videogames, so you basically need to get one along with a 4k console. I.E. it's 1500+ Eur or nothing.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.