Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
jeym

Re: Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

#28441 Post by jeym » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:16 pm

I’ve begun Destiny (1)!

If anyone fancies heading back in for low level fire team stuff, be great to see you

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28442 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:45 am

What the actual fuck?

You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28443 Post by Revolver » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:00 am

That looks.... AMAZING? I’m not sure. I think it’s AMAZING. I mean, if you’re going to base a film on a video game, an 80s button masher would definitely seem to be the logical choice.

Skyrim day! Aarrgghhhh!
Stealth is an option.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28444 Post by Revolver » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:18 pm

So I've got Skyrim in my bag. This is like my dream come true.

Yet I've spent all morning (I'm really busy today) reading about the VR version, and wondering if I should get that as well (instead is NOT an option I've considered). Those who have played it a lot... is there enough content there to warrant playing it twice at the same time, with two different builds, going out of my way in VR to do different quest lines and things?

It looks SO GOOD on both.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28445 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:57 pm

You could leave the first town and head in 2 different directions, and it would take your characters longer for their paths to cross than you will spend on either format.

Yes there is enough content. I just still wonder if it's necessary. It's difficult. If I had both systems I think I'd want both. But you don't like putting in that amount of effort these days do you?

One piece of advice. Don't try and break the crafting system. Not only do you spend all your time looking for materials but it makes the game too easy.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28446 Post by Revolver » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:16 pm

TroyBlade wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:57 pm
But you don't like putting in that amount of effort these days do you?
Damnit Troy, don't come in here destroying my office-based dreams of evenings spent immersed in VR and commutes spent on the Switch.

Actually, I do think I'll be able to give it a solid bash on the Switch. Probably at least an hour a day, 5 days a week, which is way more than I play any other format for. On the PSVR... Maybe an hour a week, once every few weeks. I wonder if there's a demo?
Stealth is an option.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28447 Post by Revolver » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:22 pm

By the way, PSVR is currently on sale with Skyrim for £250, apparently just for a week or so. It's the V1 edition, so doesn't include the pass-through HDMI box for UHD TVs, but if that's not a deal breaker for you it's a pretty AMAZING price.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28448 Post by TroyBlade » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:19 pm

Revolver wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:22 pm
but the big bad is certainly a LOT better
I thought that Steppenwolf was bloody terrible. To be fair, so was Ares.. What is it with comic book movie villains..

I thought the flow of it all was pretty bad. And the special effects in the last act were rubbish.

I still really liked the characters though. I still have hopes that they'll get it right eventually.

The flash was good. Cyborg wasn't as bad as I expected. But Aquaman wasn't as good either.

Looking forward the proper length edition if the rumours that they cut 50 minutes are true.

And looking forward to the next Justice League too assuming they retain the cast.

Just a 6 from me.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#28449 Post by TroyBlade » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:19 pm

Justice League spoilers.

For the final end credits scene:
Spoiler!
So, they have this fight, against this dude, who fought a war against the humans,
Atlanteans and Amazons 5000 years ago. And once Superman arrived, he basically handed his arse to him..

And they're trying to tell us that the next big bad for the next movie is going to be Deathstroke? I mean, he's quite good with a sword, I guess.. Ok fair enough, there is Lex Luthor, and it sounds like he will recruit some others. It just seems weird.
Best bit of the movie:
Spoiler!
The Flash's face when he realises that Superman is watching him.

Honourable mention for when Aquaman was sitting on the lasso.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#28450 Post by Revolver » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:11 pm

Agreed on the best bits. The Aquaman bit was AMAZING.

Anyway, Skyrim on the Switch is everything I'd hoped it would be. My train journey in to work this morning was just wonderful, and I feel like I'm all set for portable games for god knows how long. If I had to pick a fault with it, it's pretty dark when you're in dungeons, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to see with the sun glaring through the train window in the summer. But anyway, it's just Skyrim on Switch, which is all I ever wanted from my Switch, and the main reason I bought it. Happy me.
Stealth is an option.