Insert Tagline Here (the official Monster Hunter World thread)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Insert Tagline Here (the official Monster Hunter World thread)

#81 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:06 pm

I recommend the Triple Threat Showdown Event.

I suppose it would be better if the gear was more desirable but it was fun anyway.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Reyes
Rofficer

#82 Post by Reyes » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:24 am

I had a pretty wild expedition in the Coral Highlands last night. I captured a Tzaki first, then went after a Legiana. The Legiana flew away and got into a three-way fight with Paolumu and Odogaron. I tried to get rid of them with dung but then Legiana left the area and I decided to go after Odogaron. Then Bezelgeuse turns up while I'm fighting the Odogaron. But I managed to get the Odogaron in the end, with no deaths in the whole thing.
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#83 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:39 am

I just did some very low level optional quests I was missing. Captured a chicken in 3 minutes and a Barroth in 5.

I got a rarity 5 Thunder Weapon, which I was working on for the upcoming Nergigante (I still have a few fights before that but it's definitely coming), and it has the same AP as my previous best weapon, but with the added Thunder, plus some Affinity.

I also did another TTT and was surprised to find that rank 2 gems are a thing that can drop (or perhaps just as quest rewards but that seems unlikely), as opposed to just melding them together. I forget what kind of gem it was but it wasn't something totally unusable.

Can you remove gems? I haven't used any yet. I really should. Especially if you can just re-use them. I definitely don't have many gems that are very useful though.

Reyes
Rofficer

#84 Post by Reyes » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:02 pm

Pretty sure you can just swap them out. I have a level 3 gem already that I can't put in anything

Fienasre
Legend

#85 Post by Fienasre » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:38 pm

I am a bit behind in learning the mechanics of the game I guess. Totally forgot about the gem melder and what is a triple threat showdown?
Should I be reading certain guides or do you guys know all of this through experimentation?
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#86 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:56 pm

I haven't used the gem melding guy. A complete guess makes me think that you can join 2 rank 1 gems into a rank 2 one. But really, just guessing.

When I looked at him (the only time), it seemed to require melding points. And I didn't appear to have any melding points..

Anyway, the main reason I haven't used the gem melder, is that all my gems seem to be terrible. Like literally nothing that matches any skill that i have and nothing that's generic like defence, attack, health, etc.

Triple Threat Throwdown is just the name of a quest. Specifically, the name of a timed event quest. It's a 6* quest that you do in the arena and involves fighting a Great Girros, Great Jagras and a err, the blue fat headed lizard that I haven't fought in the wild yet, Dodosomething, all at the same time.

It's much easier than it sounds. First of all, it seemed easy to fight only 2 of them at a time well away from Jagras. And the 2 that I fought first, like to fight each other. Also they have much lower HP than normal, I'm sure.

As for learning stuff. Like I said, I haven't learned anything about gems. Still watching various yt videos. Although I keep watching videos about Long Sword builds and there is really nothing that I can even work towards. All the good gear comes later it seems.

In other news, I had some duff info (in my head) about my Long Sword combos. The final one is much easier than I thought it was. So on some monsters that are somewhat predictable, I can do the ultimate much more consistently. Still takes a while to ramp up to the first one but after that, I'm much better.

Reyes
Rofficer

#87 Post by Reyes » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:57 pm

I beat Anjanath and Pink Rathian last night, opened up the new area, and got the quest for Nergigante. I think Pink Rathian getting into fights with other monsters must be intended, especially as they leave the area immediately afterwards. I wiped once but then didn't die at all second time round.

Think I'm going to be farming for a while before I take on Nergigante. High rank seems a lot grindier in terms of crafting.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#88 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:12 pm

See, I'm thinking Nergigante is going to be really tough and I need to be prepared.

But on the other hand..

a) every fight I have recently seems so easy. I did Dodogama or whatever last night, and didn't even use a potion.
b) I'm looking at all sorts of possible gear upgrades. And while I can still up the item level of some armour pieces, I cant actually find any better armour pieces from anything, until I kill Nergigante. So what would I be farming for exactly?

I still think I should probably kill the stuff that appears higher on the list of monsters that I haven't killed yet.. Maybe I should try Bezelgeuse. That'll probably make me rethink my plan to go after Nergigante already.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#89 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:22 pm

Actually, Bezelgeuse leads to the upgraded power and defence charms. I forget how, but can obviously find out.

Bezelgeuse it is.

Fienasre
Legend

#90 Post by Fienasre » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:38 am

I guess I am at the same point as you guys are. Killed pink Rathian, opened up the Elder's Recess, next up Nergigante. I would like to upgrade my weapon to a rarity 6 (should be easy) with extra sleep element and higher AP. That and after a discussion last night I need to invest some time in finding better skills from gear before attempting the ELDER DRAGON that EATS other ELDER DRAGONS... yada yada yada.

DRAGONATORRRRR!!!!!
│o_