Welcome, Traveller (Official No Man's Sky Thread)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

Re: Welcome, Traveller (Official No Man's Sky Thread)

#41 Post by Revolver » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:30 pm

"Dilemna"

:troyblade:

(no thanks on the dupe thing, for now... maybe later. I seem to have pretty much everything I need and I'm not sure more nanites or money would help at the moment.
Stealth is an option.

Fienasre
Legend

#42 Post by Fienasre » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:55 am

At this moment I am getting more nanites than I want to spend... Is there a nanite gate somewhere further up in the galaxy?
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#43 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:15 am

Well it's for units too, not just nanites.

But personally, I don't have many nanites after buying 5 x S class multi-tool augments. Well ok, I could probably buy another 4 or so. But I have barely started on ship or exo-suit modules yet. And I still have what, 12 or 13 empty slots in my multi-tool as well?

I could easily see myself running out, is what I mean to say..
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#44 Post by Revolver » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:26 am

I suppose I could do the farming thing just to replace my multi-tool. I have an 18 slot at the moment, and I've spent a fortune on nanites filling up all the slots with S-Class upgrades. But now I want more slots, and would need to buy everything again. Bah.
Stealth is an option.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#45 Post by Revolver » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:32 pm

So I did a bit of duping last night. I feel so DIRTY. But DIRTY with 50K nanites and 50M units in the bank.

Might top that up tonight, because then I'm away for a couple of weeks and they'll probably patch it in that time.

I was duping stacks of 15 Salvaged Tech to make the units. So I also bought all the Blueprints available at my base as well.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#46 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:11 pm

Yeah it makes sense. I am sure to do the same.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#47 Post by Revolver » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:44 pm

Couple of notes if you're going for it (and I'm sure this is all on Youtube if you watch a proper video... I watched a 3 minute one just to get an idea of how to do it):

Save often. It's a bug you're exploiting, so it's not 100% reliable. Sometimes stuff will just disappear when you're trying to dupe it. When that happens, just reload. I only ever had it happen while trying to get them set up. Once they're up and running, I had no issues.
Personally once I got the 3 processor things all lined up and reliably working, I just left them there. So I currently have 3 sets of 3 - one loaded with a random S-class module that I sell for Nanites, one for stacks of 15 Salvaged Tech that I sell for Units, and another one that I use to dupe random things if I need them. So I can reliably grab whatever I want to sell without having to faff around, and then use the last group of 3 to replicate stuff I actually need.
If it doesn't work, pick up the processors (I really can't remember what they're called, sorry) and put them down again, getting them as close to each other as possible.
If it doesn't seem to be replicating the item to the outer Processors (I'm sticking with that name), try accessing all 3 of them again with Square. Sometimes I had to do that to get them to copy.
Once you get it working once, sometimes it doesn't work a second time until you check the middle one again with square. Then the outer one will have the thing in again. Sometimes I had to do that a few times before the outer one would automatically have the thing in it every time.

So yeah, that's why I left them set up once I got them working reliably. It was a bit of a faff to set up, but great once it's all working.

Good luck!
Stealth is an option.