Stay awhile and listen (official D3 thread)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Kelodur
Rofficer

Stay awhile and listen (official D3 thread)

#1 Post by Kelodur » Tue May 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Just finished Act 1, and everything was just AWESOME. Final movie for Act 1 is so good and inspiring that I had to force myself to stop playing (actually, it was my back that stopped me, as I've got some serious backache going on today, and since Beo and Sele are coming to my place tomorrow, I don't want to be completely locked in place :D ).

First impression: it actually keep exceeding my expectations, and you know how much high those where. Graphically is one of the best game I've ever played, everything is so simple and at the same time so thematically perfect, and the audio doesn't disappoint either. Gameplay is classic diablo with much more thought in it, and after the easy start, Act 2 starts already with a bang and requires you to take things more carefully from the beginning. The abilities and rune allows for a great flexibility, at lvl 17 I've already got at least 3 very different viable builds I'm rotating around based on the situation I'm facing. Rare loot is AWESOME. I even just crafted my first piece of rare gear, and it was even more AWESOME.

I could continue talking about it for hours, but I won't cause I need to play it more and more. Join me there, my battletag is Kelodur#1662.

It's AWESOME. Get it immediately if you haven't already.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Stay awhile and listen (official D3 thread)

#2 Post by TroyBlade » Tue May 15, 2012 1:47 pm

Apparently I'd pre-ordered it. But luckily the card I used to pre-order it expired before it was released so I didn't get it. I would have hated to have eaten into my already limited Minecraft play time.

I thought I read somewhere that at max level, you have enough talent points (or whatever they are calling them) to buy EVERY talent. Meaning there are no "builds" at all (as I say, at max level). Is that true?

I also read that you can download a demo of the first act for free. Is that possible already? I suppose I could see if my laptop copes with it..
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#3 Post by Kelodur » Tue May 15, 2012 2:04 pm

TroyBlade wrote:I thought I read somewhere that at max level, you have enough talent points (or whatever they are calling them) to buy EVERY talent. Meaning there are no "builds" at all (as I say, at max level). Is that true?
No. You have all abilities and runes at your disposition, but you can only select 6 abilities that you can use, 1 rune per each ability and 3 passive bonuses (among 30ish available for each class). All in all, you have more or less 150 variation of abilities per each class among which choose 6 to use, which means there are basically infinite builds available. In this regard, it's much more varied than WoW.

About the first act demo, it's not available yet AFAIK. But no need to get a demo when you can download the full game from the official site RIGHT NOW.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#4 Post by Revolver » Tue May 15, 2012 2:24 pm

Has it got motorbikes in? ;)

Can you link me up to a video, Kel? I've never even seen it, as far as I know. Would I like it?
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#5 Post by TroyBlade » Tue May 15, 2012 2:25 pm

Yeah but, I FINALLY found a naturally occuring cavern complex. And I'm pretty sure there's a dungeon with a zombie generator in it at one point because I can hear them through the walls. I haven't managed to locate it yet though. I have, however, found a load more Iron, so I can carry on with my skyrail system, which will also get me the On A Rail achievement. It's hard work though. And means that I'm neglecting my farm. And I haven't even started on an orchard yet, which obviously I should do, you know, for the environment. All these trees I'm cutting down without replacing.. I also need to go out and find a new pet wolf, since mine drowned last night. And I should probably think about a permanent residence. I mean the tower is alright and all but really it's just a fancy staircase up to my sky rail. I should probably get something nice on the beach front, with an entire glass wall facing the sea. Yeah, that woud be nice. Plus I screwed up my plans for an obsidian factory by dumping my bucket of lava into the sea when I actually meant to get into my boat. And don't even get me started on chickens. How do you get them into your chicken pens anyway?

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#6 Post by TroyBlade » Tue May 15, 2012 2:33 pm

Kelodur wrote:About the first act demo, it's not available yet AFAIK. But no need to get a demo when you can download the full game from the official site RIGHT NOW.
I think it IS available already but only when you have a guest pass, from someone who already bought the game. (And it has to be a physical boxed copy of the game, not a digital download).

So if you have a guest pass you aren't using, or if they are unlimited, then fire one at me please.

Deathviper
Guild Master (Retired)

#7 Post by Deathviper » Tue May 15, 2012 3:26 pm

If my brother's copy has turned up today then I will have a spare pass (I will probably have to give it to him so he can start playing if his is lost in the Royal Mail) which you can have. Once he lets me know this evening I'll PM it over to you.
"Puny God!"

Glombeard
Legend

#8 Post by Glombeard » Tue May 15, 2012 3:33 pm

i'll be there somehow sometime and my tag is Glomnemo#2363.
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#9 Post by TroyBlade » Tue May 15, 2012 3:37 pm

Thanks DV.

And grats on getting rid of the worst manager in your history.

Deathviper
Guild Master (Retired)

#10 Post by Deathviper » Tue May 15, 2012 3:40 pm

Quick question, is it possible to create a custom chat channel like you can in WoW. That would be awesome so that we could all join and talk together when playing?
"Puny God!"