Stay awhile and listen (official D3 thread)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Message
Author
User avatar
TroyBlade
Rofficer
Posts: 18397
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:34 pm

Re: Stay awhile and listen (official D3 thread)

#181 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:04 am

RIP Marshall.

After 96 hours, killed by an Arcane beam (no surprise there) trying GR68.

So, now there is near equality between group and solo play, and I was only around 100 paragon levels below the norm instead of 800, I managed to get to exactly the same as last season - 3 levels below the leaderboards. Although I do feel that I could have made it this time. If I wasn't like dead and all.

Now I need to decide whether I can face gearing up and trying again. I do have another build, which has the potential to go higher, but is more squishy. Maybe I'll just give that a whirl and when that one dies I'll accept that I'm not good enough.

Maybe it's for the best, it was becoming a bit of a chore really..
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

User avatar
Fienasre
Legend
Posts: 3347
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:32 pm

Re: Stay awhile and listen (official D3 thread)

#182 Post by Fienasre » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:41 pm

Respect. Both for Marshall and your effort. But... isn't it time for something else now?
│o_

User avatar
Kelodur
Rofficer
Posts: 3929
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:54 am

Re: Stay awhile and listen (official D3 thread)

#183 Post by Kelodur » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:29 pm

Final Fantasy XIV! Guild Wars 2! CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY!
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

User avatar
TroyBlade
Rofficer
Posts: 18397
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:34 pm

Re: Stay awhile and listen (official D3 thread)

#184 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:37 pm

I don't have either of those games..

What you say makes sense Fien. Except, I managed a GR68 this morning with an alt. The squishy alt who will soon be dead.

My current plan is to push, push and do more pushing until I either make it to the leaderboard, or I die.

So yes, soon, I will be on something else. Just a little longer..


Oh wait, FFXIV, I do have that game. But not the sub.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

User avatar
TroyBlade
Rofficer
Posts: 18397
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:34 pm

Re: Stay awhile and listen (official D3 thread)

#185 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:59 pm

So, the Diablo 3 update you've all* been waiting for..

After writing the above, it occurred to me that the 3 major gear upgrades I have left for my squishy cannon character, are not Crusader specific.

This meant I could play some Barbarian for some variation, and still be farming for gear, albeit much less efficiently.

So I played some barbarian, got to T10 but wasn't entirely comfortable so dropped it to T8 to do some key farming. And got a 4 second lag spike and ended up dead. A dead barbarian is much worse than a dead Crusader since I have no levelling gear for the barb. So that was the end of that idea and I finally decided to follow Fien's advice and play something else.

Except the something else turned out to be Diablo 3 on the PS4.

But I wasn't enjoying that very much, so I decided to watch TV for a few days.

Until this morning, I went back to D3 on the PC, and did a 69 then a 70. 70! The bottom of the leaderboard is 70, although I didn't do it anywhere near fast enough, but so close!

But now that I'm so close to the ultimate goal of all time, I'm scared. I feel like if I tried 71, which would actually get me on the leaderboard no matter what time I finished in, I'd probably have 30% chance of success, 40% chance of failure by timing out, and 30% chance of dying.

So I have the dilemma of wondering whether to try and find at least one of those 3 pieces of missing gear, or going for it and risking the whole season.

Anyway, right now I'm pretty happy that I'm not 3 levels behind the leaderboard like I usually am. I will probably do some farming until I get bored again, then go for it.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

User avatar
Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)
Posts: 20959
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:27 pm

Re: Stay awhile and listen (official D3 thread)

#186 Post by Revolver » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:12 pm

Grats, I think.

Go for it.
Stealth is an option.

User avatar
TroyBlade
Rofficer
Posts: 18397
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:34 pm

Re: Stay awhile and listen (official D3 thread)

#187 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:51 pm

Oh yeah, I did it!

I am officially the 873rd best hardcore Crusader in THE WORLD*.

That's obviously nowhere near as good as being that at the end of the season but I expect that is beyond me. Anyway, I can now play some other stuff. Maybe.

*Europe.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

User avatar
Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)
Posts: 20959
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:27 pm

Re: Stay awhile and listen (official D3 thread)

#188 Post by Revolver » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:51 pm

Le grats.

I reckon you could get in the top 750.
Stealth is an option.

User avatar
Fienasre
Legend
Posts: 3347
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:32 pm

Re: Stay awhile and listen (official D3 thread)

#189 Post by Fienasre » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:34 pm

Champagne! Confetti! And after all the festivities the dreaded feeling: "Now what...?"

Well done though! Well done!
Bloodborne DLC?
│o_

User avatar
TroyBlade
Rofficer
Posts: 18397
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:34 pm

Re: Stay awhile and listen (official D3 thread)

#190 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:57 am

My first night of freedom, could do anything I wanted at all.

I watched some Gotham, and got to 721st place.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Revolver and 2 guests