The Song of the Day post - 2013 edition

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Kelodur
Rofficer

The Song of the Day post - 2013 edition

#1 Post by Kelodur » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:18 pm

You know you all waited for this to happen, the 2013 edition of the Renegade's Songs of the Day post is here!

Rule are simple. All person participating in the game alternate in proposing 2 songs, adding a brief explanation on why they have proposed the songs. The songs are added in a spotify list (that Rev is creating just as you're reading this post, or just after reading it, if you're Rev). The other guys show their appreciation or hate for the songs proposed. Then the next day is another day and we go on til everyone gets bored, or Jeym posts one time too many.

The list of people participating the game is kept updated in this post, and so is the name of the person that's supposed to post today.

And that's it.

People list and rotation: (in bold you will find today's poster name):
a) Revolver
b) Troy
c) Reyes
d) Fienasre
e) Kelodur
f) Lukast
g) zelo

Click here for the playlist.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

jeym

Re: The Song of the Day post - 2013 edition

#2 Post by jeym » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:04 pm

or Jeym posts one time too many.
:mad:

Kelodur
Rofficer

#3 Post by Kelodur » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:13 pm

jeym wrote:
or Jeym posts one time too many.
:mad:
Prove I'm wrong and join us here!
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Fienasre
Legend

#4 Post by Fienasre » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:46 pm

Right lol. So I got the playlist on my free spotify account... But it's empty!!! Weirdo's.
Can I drag some music in myself? Or how does this work?
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#5 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:49 pm

We're all waiting for someone to be made bold by Kelo so we can start. It's empty at the moment..
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Reyes
Rofficer

#6 Post by Reyes » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:40 am

ok
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

Kelodur
Rofficer

#7 Post by Kelodur » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:14 am

Ok, I've randomized order and starting person (using Warmachine unit cards to represent you all :D). So we're good to go. Any more signup will be put at the end of the list as usual.

Rev, you're cleared for takeoff.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#8 Post by Revolver » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:44 pm

Westward Ho! (a New Reputation) - Ginger Wildheart: Taken from my favourite 2012 album by such a long way that it wasn't any kind of contest at all, really. Spotify only has the "100%" version, which only includes a few of the best tracks from the "555%" triple album, which is just absolutely AMAZING. My Last.fm profile shows 1,717 plays in the last 12 months, and the album was only released in May, or something. And that doesn't include plays in the car and stuff. The album was funded by a PledgeMusic campaign as well, which is quite cool, and one of my new favourite ways of buying CDs (remember those?).

Stay Away from Downtown - Red Kross: From the 2012 comeback album "Researching The Blues". It's a perfect slice of old-school Redd Kross, but released last year. The album's a bit flakey in places, but there are some cracking tracks on there.

Enjoy! Or don't. YOU DECIDE!
Stealth is an option.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#9 Post by Kelodur » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:29 pm

Ginger Wildheart track was an instant win for me. Even with that stupid chorus with loud guitars almost ruining the song. I've started listening the full album a second after it was over, and boy, it is AWESOME. Somehow it feels like a CD to listen while you are with friends and having fun, but don't ask me why. Great music to cycle along too, guess that's why you love it so much too :).

Red kross, well, I've already forgotten what that song was like. I guess I didn't like it that much.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#10 Post by Revolver » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:31 am

Glad you like the GW track, Kel. You can actually get the full triple album from here (download only). So worth it. In my opinion they left most of the better tracks off the 100% version. 30 songs for £10. Bargain of the century.
Stealth is an option.