EVE

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

EVE

#1 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:18 pm

One simple question and just for confirmation..

An acceleration gate's purpose is simply to transport you to, for want of a better description, an instance, where you can do a mission in peace away from other player help/hindrance?
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Kelodur
Rofficer

Re: EVE

#2 Post by Kelodur » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:52 pm

TroyBlade wrote:One simple question and just for confirmation..

An acceleration gate's purpose is simply to transport you to, for want of a better description, an instance, where you can do a mission in peace away from other player help/hindrance?
Yes, it teleports you to a place in space that's relevant to that mission. But it's not an instance and players could actually wait you there and gank you or steal your wreckages or something like that.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Fienasre
Legend

#3 Post by Fienasre » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:31 pm

So the activation gate is available to all, and brings you to the same place as other players.
The difference I guess, is that you can't randomly fly to one. You have to have the actual mission relating to that gate, right?

How is it coming along, Troy? Are you enjoying it?

I am, quite a lot. It's really a nice, slow game where you can do whatever you want, whenever you want. Compared to things like BF4 or other action packed, fast playing games, EVE makes me calm down. Enjoy my time. And before I know it, it's 2am instead of 11pm... My work kinda suffers.
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#4 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:05 pm

I haven't played much yet. 8 hours apparently but I like AFKing in dock.

I do quite like it so far but is it worth spending £10 a month on? I doubt it I will be..

I think what I want, is this game, but single player local, with no subscription fee. And a pause button.

I don't particularly want to lose all my stuff to experienced players. I don't really even want to lose all my stuff to noob players either, due to my crapness, to be honest. I can foresee that happening and me never switching it back on again.

The new Elite can be played entirely offline apparently. Maybe I'll want that.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#5 Post by Kelodur » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:53 am

It's that time of the year again.

I've resubbed to Eve.

I logged in and found out I was in pretty good shape when I last logged, actually. Have 150m in ISK, all my mining and hauling assets fit and ready to fly, and I just need to decide what to do next. I'm probably going to run a background planetary installation now, in addition to my usual ammo manufacturing jobs and the hauling that usually is my core activity in game.

I feel uber rich, but if you ask players around, they will tell you 150m is just breadcrumbs. But then, I think a new player would think I'm filthy rich, so it's just a matter of time before I join the billionaires club, I guess. Hopefully.

What I'd really like to do, is get a small tower, fit that with 2-3 research labs and start doing research and invention on my personal space station. But the fuel cost to keep that tower running are very high, so I need to think about it very carefully. Expecially since the tower could be driven down by a corporate attack at any time, so I should be able to afford losing it without producing any profit (worst case).

But for now - it's planetary installation time. I would need that to produce the fuel by myself anyway. And the idea of having trucked my ass all over the universe trading all kind of goods to finally get my own planetary installation is so AWESOME.

TBH, Eve is the only MMORPG where the roleplaying part actually matters.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.