Hearthstone

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Hearthstone

#131 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:48 pm

Kripp points out that the only decks that beat Jade druid were token druid, pirate warrior and some aggressive murloc paladins. All also nerfed.

Trump says that Razakus priest will now reign supreme since every deck that beat it is now nerfed.

Personally I think nerfed jade druid will still beat Razakus priest.

In conclusion, I think pirate warrior loses out the most, which in turn makes the whole meta slower, so all sorts of control becomes more popular, so the best control becomes even better. And that's jade druid.

Razakus or big priest might end up ok if they run the anti jade idol 4/6.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#132 Post by TroyBlade » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:19 am

The new Magic Duels has been announced: Magic Duels Arena. Still free to play.

Apparently it actually has all the phases.

And there are no card restrictions any more. So, the entire sets, and no rarity restrictions.

Other than that, looks like the last one except Hearthstonified (card animations and sound effects).

But the best thing, they will have draft and sealed modes. If they have limited with friends, that would really be incredible. We could have Rhino tournaments again.

Fienasre
Legend

#133 Post by Fienasre » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:05 am

Thanks for letting me watch you win that game yesterday. I had the spectate quest. 30 dust and an epic!
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#134 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:21 pm

So, I played a lot of Hearthstone this weekend.

I simply cannot make it past rank 15. I mean, obviously I could if I crafted a tier 1 deck and stuck to it. Actually I think that I have all the cards for Tempo rogue at least. I just feel that right now I am completely unable to compete against all the net decks.

I think about 50% of matches against priests. I have no idea why everyone is playing priest. They aren't even brilliant decks with high win rates. They lose against the tier 1 decks. It's just that everything I play is terrible against them.

I feel like trying to play mill warrior. I mean, it's the worst win rate of any deck in the meta right now (copyright hsreplay) but at least it would be something to learn to try and play well. I think that I've seen enough of it to understand it. But I don't even have the cards or the dust for it.

I have my own take on a control warlock, that uses banes of doom and some extra spell power. (Just those 0/7 demons instead of 1/1 divine shield things, because you can kill a whole of field of jade golems even they START at 10/10). The Banes of Doom are terrible of course. I just like my HS to have some variety. The Kabal 2/2 discover a Kabal card isn't helping either. But then if I was using a standard control warlock deck, it has a 46% win rate anyway..

I have a ridiculous aggro paladin that uses divine shield synergies. And board wipe prevention deathrattles. It can definitely stomp over jade druids and can beat priests that don't draw shadow word horror in time. But silences are an issue. And it loses to everything else anyway.

I have a quest hunter. Yep, that's not in the meta at all right now either. It's insanely fun when it works but just like the others, it's just powerful against those priests.

And I have a "Big" shaman. It definitely high rolls against most priests and jade druid. But if you don't draw those combo pieces you can't do anything at all. Also loses to that single silence that highlander priests run (plus random copies from Lyra).

Anyway, in conclusion, I simply cannot rank up with any of my decks. And it's because never the history of hearthstone has there been so many top tier net decks at rank 15. I think I'll just wait for the new expansion.

Fienasre
Legend

#135 Post by Fienasre » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:32 pm

So... is the high amount of T1 decks at rank 15 because nobody has a winrate of over 50%. So that everyone is stuck there? Or does everyone and his mum have the ability to get one of the T1 decks and the place is pretty much flooded with them?
Worse than when Jade drood was running the show?

I am just playing games to build up a gold reservoir to have fun opening packs in the next expansion. No attempt to climb the ladder with my crappy decks. The only "completish" decks I can play are Evo Shaman and Jade Drood. The rest is just dicking around.
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#136 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:59 pm

I think the problem for me with my unorthodox decks, is that there is usually a top dog. Like, it was maybe face hunter, then it was the shaman deck with the 1 mana 1/3 into 2 man 3/4 with overload thing, then it was pirate warrior, then it was jade druid. So in the past, I could play whatever I wanted that I was interested and play some tech cards to help with the popular flavour of the month deck. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong and there were more than 1 top deck..

But now, there are at least 4 tier 1 decks. And they are all aggressive (so idiots can pilot them). And you can't tech against them because there is nothing out in front to tech against. So despite trying to tech against tempo, I lose to most of those.

And then the 3 priest decks, which aren't even included in those 4 best decks, seem to all be able to beat anything that I can come up with a lot of the time as well.

So, I'm thinking all the priests are stuck there, like you suggest. The better decks, which beat those priest decks, are higher up the ladder? I don't know. Maybe I'm just not understanding it all.

I might buy some packs. I'm up to 6k gold which is the most I've ever had so I can afford to buy some. But the problem is, I don't even want to make any of those tier 1 decks, or a priest deck. Because they are so boring. Maybe I should just save more gold in the hope that the meta is better (for me) next season.

Fienasre
Legend

#137 Post by Fienasre » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:25 am

That was fun! Opening 50 packs in one go.
I think I got the wrong side of rng and didn't get any great legendaries. But messing around with new deck archetypes is really fun!
Why, o why did I dust all my old cards. Well to be a bit more competitive obviously but adding muster for battle and the 2/5 dude that gives +2/+2 to recruits to the weenie deck would be epic!
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#138 Post by TroyBlade » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:05 am

I really like this game when people are trying out new stuff. In a week or two, everyone will be netdecking the most powerful decks and all the variety will be gone.

Paladin Weenies is definitely a thing though. (Not using Level Up though. Since that's garbage.)

And minion-less hunter seems to actually be a thing too.

As for the dungeon runs - I completed the first one I ever tried and thought it was too easy. I think I've failed 6 in a row since then..

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#139 Post by TroyBlade » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:26 pm

My respect for dungeon runs is growing all the time.

There are 48 (FORTY-EIGHT) bosses.

People who have totally given up on Hearthstone should check it out. You don't need any cards. It's totally free. Do it.