Hearthstone

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Fienasre
Legend

Re: Hearthstone

#101 Post by Fienasre » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:48 pm

I tried Duels, but it feels slow to me. With all the steps having their own timers etc. That put me off. Maybe if I gave it another go and would see it as a game I need to invest time in (instead of a quick 15 minute game of HS). Though another game based on the Magic principles sounds like overkill in my situation.

Anyway, I like HS. I like to just play a couple of games per day to finish a quest or a couple. Therefor I like the new quests that make you play enough cards of a type instead of win games. I'm just a casual player with a rather short fuse when it comes to losing games... So... yeah, no idea where that leaves me tbh.
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#102 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:06 am

Anyone played much Un'Goro?

It's weird because there is so much cool and interesting stuff to try out and yet you can't because all the class quests are legendary, plus all the regular legendaries, a f2p player just has no chance of making more than a couple of decks. I managed to get my usual 5k gold saved up, opened 57 packs, got the mage quest and the trigger deathrattles legendary. So I have a quest mage deck and err, some crappy hunter deck where I just threw in a load of beast synergy cards.

The other issue is the rogue quest, which seems kind of insane. Back when pirate warrior was everywhere I took great enjoyment from making anti pirate decks that would mostly lose to everything else but this, I haven't managed to find a counter. And I don't mean I haven't managed to come up with one, I mean I haven't found one online.

I've seen a few people say mid range paladin beats it but I'm not sure of what that is and need to see it in action before I commit to spending the dust on what is likely the last deck I can make for quite some time.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#103 Post by Kelodur » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:38 am

TBH, I didn't have many problems with the Rogue quest with both the decks I've used so far. Pirate Warrior just beat it before it even plays the quest more often than not, and the tempo mage I'm running seems to be fine against it. I think the best rogue I've seen coming from the pros didn't even run the quest (miracle rogue from tempo Eloise, #1 rank on ladder). I'm still in the upper side of the ladder though, so take this with a grain of salt. The worse thing of the quest is that it can just trigger in no time making the deck extremely explosive. Also, what the rng gives the player when it draws cards from your deck / class can be gamechanging in that deck, I can tell you giving my opponent a mirror image was just BAD for me.

I didn't have many problems in creating the decks, as I've basically dodged legendaries so far. I disenchanted anything that went into wild and got a nifty bonuses for having cards that went into wild too, so I had enough dust to make a bunch of cards. I got 7 boosters + the 3 they gave away for free, and got a couple of gold rare / epics that I immediately disenchanted too, so I'm pretty happy with what I got. I'm ok with not being able to create 4-5 decks right now and having to try and see what to really invest into for the time being, it actually adds to the experience as I will have more decks to try and build later.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Fienasre
Legend

#104 Post by Fienasre » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:35 pm

I haven't played much yet. But I know the investment I made in a priest deathrattle deck is fun to play but is highly ineffective. I opened somewhere around 50 packs and got 2 legendaries I think. The Drood quest (Works with Jade ramp but does it have any use? "Creatures from your deck cost (0) mana"). I DE'ed everything I had that can't be used in standard and had 12,000 dust to dick around with. Made some legendaries I missed from the basic stuff and built that priest deck. I think I should dust that one and make something proper.

Trump made a Warlock taunt deck that seemed to work against pirate. But I am not up to date with the game since Un'goro launched. So don't mind my ramble here :ninja:
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#105 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:00 pm

You make a fair point - if I dusted my wild collection I'm sure I could make any deck I wanted.

But you need that shit for tavern brawls!

Trump has been playing all sorts obviously and has been stuffed by quest rogue probably every game. My quest mage wins some times but surely less than half. I had one where the guy put 7 5/5's on the table and gave me a well played, so I froze them all for 6 turns in a row and then OTK'd him with giants and the quest.

Taunt/Quest warrior is supposed to work pretty well. Especially if you can grab key cards using dirty rat.

Do you have all the elemental stuff in your tempo mage Kelo? That looks pretty good. Maybe in shaman too.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#106 Post by Kelodur » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:22 am

My (well, not mine, got it from Thijs) tempo mage decklist is:

2 Babbling Book
2 Fire Fly
2 Mana Wyrm
2 Mirror Image
Bloodmage Thalnos
2 Flame Geyser
2 Frostbolt
2 Primordial Glyph
2 Sorcerer's Apprentice
2 Arcane Intellect
2 Fireball
2 Steam Surger
Tol'vir Stoneshaper
2 Water Elemental
2 Servant of Kalimos
2 Blazecaller

He uses Pyros instead of a Mirror Image, I'm still waiting on new Legendaries though.

I was thinking to add Lorewalker Cho too to add another wrench to throw into Quest Rogue gears, but I'm not really sure if that will work. I have to play more.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#107 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:43 am

Try a potion of polymorph. Can't bounce their swashbuckler or novice if you turned it into something else.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#108 Post by Kelodur » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:25 am

TroyBlade wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:43 am
Try a potion of polymorph. Can't bounce their swashbuckler or novice if you turned it into something else.
It doesn't fit the deck much, but it should work. It can be still worked around, but it will at least slow the deck.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#109 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:34 pm

Further to my point about Un'Goro being kind of expensive this time around, someone on Reddit did the maths and it works out the average cost of getting every card is about £400.

Or you could probably get "all the good decks" for around £240.

This is multitudes more expensive than any other digital CCG out there, except I suppose MTGO but you can sell your cards in that..

I have enough gold in Magic Duels for the next 2.5 expansions and I only play until I win 1 game most days. And I took over a year off in that!

Personally, I still haven't dusted anything wild and I spent most of my remaining dust on a couple of Blazecallers and Kalimos.

In Arena news, I suck. Only done a few but 4.25 average is my worst ever since I started tracking it. I keep managing to get wrecked by Volcano. It's crazy how many times so far..

Kelodur
Rofficer

#110 Post by Kelodur » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:27 pm

A SINGLE standard MTGO deck can easily be worth 300-400 Eur, so it's on a league of its own. That said, why would you need to get all the cards or even all the good decks for Heartstone? Just build one and play. You have months ahead of daily quests that will allow you to get more gold and buy more cards or play arena and get more cards.

The only reason why you could actually want to get all the good decks is if you plan to compete in high level tournaments, so it's not really a problem for most of us (I think only you Troy have reached a level where you could actually start thinking about that).

I have spent 10 Eur on Un'goro so far, and I've got 3 working decks already: Pirate Warrior, Elemental Mage and Zoolock (yeah, I know, I'm cheating cause I've used dust to build the cards, but I still have more than 5k dust to spend and I will probably use them for my rogue, which means I've got 4 decks in the end).