Hearthstone

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Hearthstone

#111 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:28 pm

Kelodur wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:27 pm
why would you need to get all the cards or even all the good decks for Heartstone?
You don't see any value in having variety?

Sure if you want to get to legend you are much better off playing one deck - learning how to play against every other deck. But if you are casually doing some dailies you don't want the same deck every day for 4 months. I don't anyway.

Plus it's hard to even do half the dailies if you don't have a variety of decks.

Anyway I'm not saying it should be free - they have to make some money after all. I just think £400 or £240 is pretty ridiculous.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Fienasre
Legend

#112 Post by Fienasre » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:25 am

I stopped playing on mobile this week. I keep on losing a bunch of games at work, feel pissed about it and then can't do my job properly. I need a serious break from this game while I can't get a grip on it.
│o_

Kelodur
Rofficer

#113 Post by Kelodur » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:06 am

TroyBlade wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:28 pm
Kelodur wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:27 pm
why would you need to get all the cards or even all the good decks for Heartstone?
You don't see any value in having variety?
I don't see any value in getting ALL the decks or ALL the cards. Even when I used to play the game for hours every day, I never had more than 3-4 decks that I could use. And not all of them needed legendaries to work. Aside from some legendaries that are just needed to make a deck work (quests in Un'Goro are a perfect example of this), you can live without most legendaries with the right substitution. Some decks won't be of much use when you're past level 10, but if you're past that level, you're already quite dedicated, and you won't have many trouble getting the cards you want by just playing.

TBH, I find the Heartstone pricing scheme almost perfect. I'd just wish they allowed you to trade cards with other players, but I can get why they are not doing this and I respect their choice to keep their environment safer.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#114 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:21 am

Kelodur wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:06 am
TBH, I find the Heartstone pricing scheme almost perfect.
Wow. That's just astonishing. It's like the price of a console - THREE TIMES A YEAR.

But if you're happy that's cool for you.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#115 Post by Kelodur » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:44 am

TroyBlade wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:21 am
Kelodur wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:06 am
TBH, I find the Heartstone pricing scheme almost perfect.
Wow. That's just astonishing. It's like the price of a console - THREE TIMES A YEAR.

But if you're happy that's cool for you.
I have bought 10 Eur worth of cards every expansion, and I've always been able to play several decks per expansion. So, I strongly disagree with you there.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#116 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:15 pm

Remember how I keep saying Magic Duels is way better than Hearthstone? Well after 1000+ hours (maybe I was afk for some of that) and enough gold saved up for the next 2.5 expansions;

No longer being supported.

They didn't even finish the current block! Twats.

Fienasre
Legend

#117 Post by Fienasre » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:11 am

Ouch... that doesn't sound like wizards, doing something like that.

Ohh... and I totally forgot your message from the weekend. Could squeeze in a game this evening. I will be shit because I haven't played HS for ages!
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#118 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:28 pm

Just a heads up that you get a free arena run if you log on to HS, err, today plus however long it lasts. Probably started yesterday to be fair.

Which is even better than just you getting a free arena run, because there are lots of inexperienced arena players in arena, making it a little easier on average.

They even start you with a free win, which even makes it a little easier for you in a normal paid for arena, with all those non arena players at 1-0.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#119 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:53 am

So, remember last season, I was complaining that HS had become too out of reach for the ftp player, thanks to every class having a cool quest card which was a legendary, meaning my ~55 packs could only get me 2 or 3 decks.

Well, this season, every class has a really cool death knight card which is a legendary. From my 62 packs, I got 1 of them. I don't have the other cards required to make that deck. In fact, I don't have the cards to make ANY new deck, serious or meme, that I have seen.

I've made a zoolock deck of my own using a few new cards. Zoolock in 2017, for a new expansion. Total meh.

I guess I'll have to run some arenas and hope for more good new cards. And also hope that I do well, since I spent most of my gold on those packs.

Fienasre
Legend

#120 Post by Fienasre » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:24 am

I recieved three legendaries up to now, including the adventure free DK (warlock). I was lucky enough to grab prince 3 (shit card imho) and DK drood. And all of this... out of 15 packs for free.
Might throw some money at it just for the fun of opening packs.

Yes, I enjoyed playing a few games again!
│o_