Hearthstone

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Hearthstone

#121 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:56 am

When I wrote that, I didn't even know about the adventure.

That brought me up to 4 legendaries including 2 DKs. Although similar to you, I got Prince 4. Which is probably not unplayable but I still wouldn't ever put it in a deck that I can think of yet.

And I have dust for another one.

So i actually have a couple of legitimate new decks, albeit they are both actually old decks with a couple of modifications - miracle rogue and mid range hunter. And the Rogue is missing the petal thingy from last season - play 4 cards in a turn to revive it thing.

I was going to craft The Lich King but although it would fit in a lot of decks, it wouldn't actually let me build any of those decks as far as I can tell. So pretty much waiting on another helpful legendary to give me a direction.

And my complaints still stand. If I hadn't saved up all that gold I would have had to spend an amount equivalent to a AAA game, just to get 1.8 new decks that aren't very new.

I got the Jaina DK in an arena. That was fun. Only went 7 but definitely won every game where I drew Jaina.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#122 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:16 am

Mid season nerf incoming for druids confirmed.

Actual details not yet announced.

When 9 of the top 10 most played cards are druid cards, and when the only cards in the top 15 most played cards to have a positive winrate when played, are druid cards - it had to happen.

https://hsreplay.net/cards/

*Info shamelessly stolen from Kripp.

Fienasre
Legend

#123 Post by Fienasre » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:36 pm

Lol... ridiculous stats indeed. I do wonder what they are going to do to rebalance. I don't think it could be a "one-card fix".
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#124 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:39 pm

Well if it is only 1 card, then it's going to be the 10 mana draw 5, deal 5, get a 5/5 etc.

But I agree, it will probably be more than that.

It would be funny if they changed the mana cost of Jade Idol to 2 so that the anti druid 4/6 that destroys all 1 mana spells doesn't work any more..

Kelodur
Rofficer

#125 Post by Kelodur » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:56 pm

Personally speaking I've last spent real money on Heartstone 2 expansions ago, and with some dust management after I've dusted all the wild cards I'm still playing with new decks without any problem. I'm seriously wondering how can you miss the dust to make more decks Troy, given all the packs you have opened with your gold, unless you're keeping cards for all classes and for wild too.

I've got a token druid, and it's just ridiculous against anything that's not a druid basically. So, yes, a druid nerf just has to come, current situation is even worse than the shaman cancer season we had back some time ago.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#126 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:19 pm

It's true that I don't dust any old cards. I need them for tavern brawls and adventures!

I have about 4k dust now so i could easily make another top tier deck. But, I reckon my pity timer on legendaries must be almost up, so I'm waiting to see what I get.

Priest and warlock DK are probably priorities but both of those decks probably also want the Lich King.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#127 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:44 pm

Innervate will only give 1 mana.

Spreading Plague will cost 6 instead of 5.

I don't think I'm clever enough to predict the consequences but surely Innervate is finished. I suspect Jade druid itself will survive just fine.

In other nerf news, fiery war axe to cost 3. Murloc warleader to give +2/0 instead of +2/1. Hex to cost 4.

That's a big blow to all sorts of control warrior decks. Obviously it really hurts pirate warrior too which is presumably the intention, but I feel like warriors got screwed.

I don't think it hurts Hex much at all. It's not like you ever played it on turn 3.

Fienasre
Legend

#128 Post by Fienasre » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:48 am

Is Murloc a thing atm? It was a good fun tech Pala deck seasons ago, but now?

The innervate nerf means you can't pull off the insane Jade starts? But I don't think it will change much in win rate. Most games are won by the incredible board control and then the overwhelming stomp of the jades.

Fiery war axe to cost 3 looks mean on paper for warriors.

When is this happening anyway?
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#129 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:54 am

No idea when.

Murloc is definitely still a thing. I was looking around that hsreplay web site when Kripp mentioned it the other day, and despite the massive popularity of druids, both Jade and token, the decks with the highest winrates were actually murloc paladins.

(This doesn't mean necessarily that murloc paladin is a better deck - it might be easier to play. It probably is easier to play if it's largely a face deck. It also probably means that it matches up well against one or both druids.)

Kelodur
Rofficer

#130 Post by Kelodur » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:35 pm

Fiery War Axe nerf is brutal, and really undeserved IMHO, expecially since it's a basic card.

Innervate nerf is similar: it's done to solve a problem tied to current set of cards, but it's done on a staple card of the class. I don't like it at all, even if it isn't as big as the FWA one.

TBH I feel that Hearthstone has been doing thing wrong since standard was introduced, the game should have become easier for newbies to get into and more controlled, but the balance has never been so off as it is right now, and Standard has made the meta even less variable in the end as the number of combos available is just too limited right now and too tied to some specific, very strong (and often Legendary) cards.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.