Hearthstone

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Fienasre
Legend

Re: Hearthstone

#161 Post by Fienasre » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:26 pm

It wasn't bad, no. Mine is like this:

1 Free golden Stargazer Luna (Dusted for a free Legendary)
1 Free Dr. Boom
1 Dr. Morrigan
1 Myra Rotspring
1 Whizbang the Wonderful
1 Floop's Glorious Gloop
1 Boommaster Flark
1 The Storm Bringer

Right now I have 3.4k of dust. I already crafted a living mana for a treant deck. Maybe I shouldn't have...

Lol, now that I see my entire list I am quite content. There is some stuff there to play with. My problem is probably that I miss older Legendaries to create awesome decks instead of fun decks.
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#162 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:34 pm

Yeah I appear to be missing multiple legendaries from multiple decks.

I did see something with Myra from Zalae. I could probably try that if I craft Sonya Shadowwhatsit.

Other than that, I crafted Mecha'Thun for even lock. It's the only new card in the deck!
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Fienasre
Legend

#163 Post by Fienasre » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:37 am

And then I saw Firebat having a bunch of fun with Stargazer Luna in a Tempo Mage deck. I don't have Aluneth, though.

Stop... no legendary crafting yet. Stop thinking about it. Damn... I would enjoy the game a bit more if I had all the cards to play around with, I think.

Mean game...
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#164 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:09 am

I am 7-0 with my* deathrattle rogue. I haven't bothered to craft Sonya yet, doesn't seem to matter so much and the popular deathrattle rogue decks don't have it anyway. (Although they do have Zilliax, which I dusted.)

I've already crafted 2 legendaries. Still tempted by Harrison and Dr Boom.

I think my favourite decks before the expansion were spell hunter and the randomness of Rexxar. And even shaman with the randomness of Hagatha. So it makes sense that I would appreciate the randomness of Dr Boom.

However, once this priest Hemet turn 10 combo deck is perfected, no control warrior will ever win a single game against that.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#165 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:27 pm

I don't think this information is particularly useful to any of us. I don't think any of us try and climb the ladder very much. Not even me, although I'm definitely playing a lot more than my daily quests dictate right now.

Played quite a bit since the new expansion and I think I have a decent handle on the current meta.

Depending on where you are on the ladder, if you are facing a lot of combo decks, like Malygos druid, Togwaggle druid, Makygos/deathrattle rogue, Shudderwock, anything with Mechathun, Topsy Turvey priest, then play a disruption lock. You can beat the aggro decks a decent amount of time.

But if you are a little higher up the ladder, everyone is playing odd rogue, zoolock or odd paladin. In that case, my limited data and gut feeling tells me that even shaman beats all of those decks. And you can still beat the occasional maly and Togwaggle druid as well. I expect it loses to token druid.

It's quite possible that the meta didn't shift from combo to aggro as I rose the ladder but rather the meta has shifted over time. So it's aggro everywhere.

Anyway, I think I prefer the even shaman that doesn't use Thunderheads. It's pretty much swap those with fireplume phoenixes I think. Which is handy since they are epics you might not have.

Fienasre
Legend

#166 Post by Fienasre » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:39 am

Right, just playing the occasional game to finish quests but I like Luna mage. When it works it's quite a laugh to pull through your deck on Luna rng. Or just burn your opponent's face. And when you are behind and it doesn't work, you lose quite fast.
I do think it's wrong to play this deck right now. I lose a lot to hunters in all forms and deathrattle rogues. Which, funnily enough is exactly what I am up against most of the time at rank 18.

Don't know what else to play right now. Even shaman without Hagatha won't work, I think...
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#167 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:05 pm

I think you'd win a lot of games without Hagatha.

You definitely don't need it for matchups against the 3 common aggro decks.

But against the decks that are good at controlling your board, you need Hagatha as a backup plan.

I would still try it if you want to climb. I would add a 2nd Hex for those deathrattle hunters.

I'm at rank 6. I haven't been that high for literally years.

Fienasre
Legend

#168 Post by Fienasre » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:04 am

Hmmm... that Exodia mage deck we talked about last night. I think it's more of a meme deck than something that could actually work. I used a bundle of dust for it, though. Better try and see.
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#169 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:32 am

You can find it on HSReplay under "Freeze Mage".

It tells me I already have all the cards for it. (Although there are some versions that use Luna's Pocket Galaxy which I don't have.)

Win rates are around 40% for the normal versions and around 35-37% for the LPG versions.

Incidentally, the OTK Pala deck I was talking about, I would need to craft Uther, Zola and Kangor. So that's not happening.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#170 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:39 pm

I just got Kangor. So I would only need Uther and Zola.

But Uther and Zola are leaving next rotation.

But the next rotation is months away.

But I don't think I have the dust for 2 more legendaries anyway.

But I have plenty of gold.

But I also like the look of resurrect priest.

But I can't see myself ever wanting to craft the Cloning Gallery.

But Cloning Gallary and Zilliax would last longer.

In conclusion, I don't think Kangor is very useful to me and I probably won't be crafting anything right now.