Meet!

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Edo

Meet!

#1 Post by Edo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:12 pm

Hey guys!

I hope you've been doing ok the past few...(wow, has it been so long?)...years. I'm a little disappointed to see the Oblivion thread still short of 2500 pages though ;)

Aaaanyway, the reason I've returned to the forum is the fact that Cel and I will be meeting up in Holland this april. I have contacted Fien as well, and the idea of seeing if we could organise a small meet was born pretty quickly.

Should you be interested in joining us for a few drinks and some laughs, we were planning on doing this in the weekend of the 25th of April, the friday or the saturday, whatever suits you. If you can't make it, Cel will be here all week, so should you decide to drop in on another day, feel free!

So here we go, Looking for members to raid Amsterdam! :)
[i]Don't think of it as a flame, think of it as an argument that does 4d6 fire damage.[/i]

[img]http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/7173/sig4tempcd4.jpg[/img]

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

Re: Meet!

#2 Post by Revolver » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:29 pm

We haven't had a proper meet for ages.

Is there a NANDO'S in Amsterdam? :)
Stealth is an option.

Deathviper
Guild Master (Retired)

#3 Post by Deathviper » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:29 pm

Edo!!!

Just checked flight prices and looking at £200+ just for flights for the weekend and once factor in all the other costs it's just too much unfortnately ,otherwise I could well have been tempted.
"Puny God!"

Edo

#4 Post by Edo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:45 pm

Deathviper wrote:looking at £200+ just for flights for the weekend
Wow, that's a terrible amount of money. Must be the easter weekend. I've checked for a bit and EasyJet gives you Stansted - Amsterdam 23rd back on 25th for 110 Euros if that's any help. That would require you to take days off and stuff, and that was what I was trying to avoid.

I can arrange for a few people to spend the night at my place, I've got a pretty big appartement with lots of space for matrasses and stuff.
[i]Don't think of it as a flame, think of it as an argument that does 4d6 fire damage.[/i]

Kelodur
Rofficer

#5 Post by Kelodur » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:52 pm

I'll be in Amsterdam in May with the family, so no way I can also come there in April :(.

Have fun mates!
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Fienasre
Legend

#6 Post by Fienasre » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:37 pm

The Eurostar train is a alternative to flying. Apparantly it takes about 4.5 hours to get from London to Amsterdam with a switch in Brussels. Someone at work prefers it over flying when visiting her sister in London.
I don't know what a ticket would cost though. Websites over here say that the cheapest are 60 euro's.

Wait... are they actually charging you twice with these train tickets? Outbound and Inbound or something? Rather overpriced :|
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#7 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:01 pm

How does someone prefer a 4.5 hour train trip over a 1 hour flight?

Already booked all my April travel and I'm flying to England that weekend.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Edo

#8 Post by Edo » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:05 pm

TroyBlade wrote:How does someone prefer a 4.5 hour train trip over a 1 hour flight?

Already booked all my April travel and I'm flying to England that weekend.
Well, a 1 hour flight, combined with checking in 2 hours early and the baggage pickup afterwards which can last for (seemingly) ever. It wouldn't be my choice either, but I can understand people choosing the train if you can sit down, grab your laptop or whatever and stay seated for the rest of the trip.

That's a shame though, Kelo and Troy! I thought planning nearly 2 months in advance would be soon enough ;)

Deathviper
Guild Master (Retired)

#9 Post by Deathviper » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:16 pm

It's not actually Easter weekend but it is relatively short notice to be booking a flight sadly (prices only go up the closer you get), especially for weekend flights which are obviously the most expensive.

I guess that midweek would be cheaper but I just don't have the days off to spare this year as I'm getting married in the summer.

While Eurostar would be an option, it would take me a good hour and a half to get to the Eurostar terminal, add in a bit of buffer plus waiting/changing time etc and the 4.5 hours could easily become 7 hours so not a small journey sadly.
"Puny God!"

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#10 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:11 pm

It is still Easter as far as school holidays are concerned, hence the higher than normal flight prices.

You'll just have to persuade Cel to come to Bruges as well.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.