DS II (Be wary for spoilers)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Glombeard
Legend

Re: DS II (Be wary for spoilers)

#231 Post by Glombeard » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:32 am

After many tries on the human corpse patchwork boss i managed to kill him, while Hollow and alone.

i guess it was the only one left because as soon as i went back to Majula the levelling lady told me to move toward the Drangleic Castle.

on my way there i just managed to open the entrance door. i'm eager to look what's inside!
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Glombeard
Legend

#232 Post by Glombeard » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:30 am

I reached Drangleic Castle, reached the first bonfire and i managed to open 5 of the six doors in the room with the boss-like sentinels.

i found a hole leading to a second bonfire
Spoiler!
where the covenant guy on the wheel chair awaits
and
Spoiler!
behind first door on the right
i found my way to the upper floor. i guess it's time to gain few more levels clearing my way to next boss (whereever he might be).
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Glombeard
Legend

#233 Post by Glombeard » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:12 am

i met and killed the first boss in Draenglic Castle.

as usual i spent some time learning how to face 2 of them, but afterall it was an easy fight.

after that i reached top a tower where there's a cage with a prisoner, but i'm missing something and i'll have to come back later.

Glombeard
Legend

#234 Post by Glombeard » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:24 am

i went for the knight with the mirror shield. i used a couple of tries to see how he was slow with his attacks.
on my third encouter with him i summoned the npc ghost who was hit and launched back where he stuck behind a rock (a bug?). i had to pull the boss toward him, when there he spawned someone from the shield. luckily it focused on me and i killed him quite easily. i went back on the boss who died right after.

nicely done!

then i went for the following area by the elevator reached the "frog-like boss" who killed me on his first shot.

hurrah!

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#235 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:43 pm

In that hallway before the mirror knight, did you get any titanite slab drops? I think I got 2 on my first visit there. Definitely somewhere to go and farm for them..

Shouldn't take long to learn the giant frog boss. Doesn't have many moves and leaves a really big opening.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Glombeard
Legend

#236 Post by Glombeard » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:37 am

i've reached king Vendrik. i had a couple of tries (first one right after the previous boss) but even if really slow i managed to get killed by a bad roll and a jump +strike hit.

let's see if tonight he's going to die.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#237 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:01 am

You're not really supposed to fight him yet. Reasons below:
Spoiler!
He has 32x normal defences. Like, 32x taken damage reduction.

If you are carrying a Giant Lord Soul(?), that defence halves to 16x. There are 5 Giant Lord Souls to be found. Each one halves that extra defence. I don't think you have any yet (although maybe 1 is a possibility?).

I don't really know all that much about it, only what DV told me when I asked about the King in an earlier spoiler.
I think you've caught me now. Or is the Undead Crypt after that? I forget. I really should play some more..

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#238 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:02 am

No wait, he is actually at the end of the Undead Crypt duh.

Glombeard
Legend

#239 Post by Glombeard » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:58 am

should i leave him be and go elsewhere? where exactly? i guess i missed a crossroad.

edit:
i went for a quick view of the progress table i should follow. it looked like i should have looted the corpse in the area before attacking the King. i guess it has become a matter of me or him now....

Deathviper
Guild Master (Retired)

#240 Post by Deathviper » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:20 am

I doubt it is possible to beat the King without reducing his protection first. Well it clearly is possible but it would just take so long that you would eventually run out of healing.

You need to loot the corpse to progress, but I presume you can just run in and loot it as he is pretty slow.
"Puny God!"