DS II (Be wary for spoilers)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Glombeard
Legend

Re: DS II (Be wary for spoilers)

#241 Post by Glombeard » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:49 am

i guess i should be able to face the King as i presume i got all the Giant Souls needed. the only previous boss missing is the Giant Rat....
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#242 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:59 am

I don't see how that's possible. And since the Giant Rat doesn't carry a Giant Soul then I think you are mistaken about what the Giant Souls are. They are not the same thing as the 4 great souls that you needed before being allowed in to Drangleic Castle.

Personally, I haven't even been to 4 of the zones where you find the Giant Souls. I don't even know where those zones are! And I don't have the one from the zone where I have been either. I never found the "hidden cave" in there. Although I did find a locked door on a later visit IIRC.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#243 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:00 pm

Oh I see, you weren't saying the Giant Rat was the last great soul you needed, just that it's the only boss you haven't killed yet on your travels..

I still don't think you can have more than 1 from what you've told us of where you've been to.

Deathviper
Guild Master (Retired)

#244 Post by Deathviper » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:19 pm

It's impossible that you have them all without getting the item behind the King first, at least 2 of them are locked behind doors that you can't get to without that ring (spoliers!)

And I very much doubt you would have got the others either, none of them are actually from bosses that you would encounter (not all are even on bosses) up to this point.
"Puny God!"

Deathviper
Guild Master (Retired)

#245 Post by Deathviper » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:27 pm

Just checked and Troy is definitely right that you can only have 1 at this point until you loot the item behind the king.

If you want to know where to go after:
Spoiler!
Head back to the Fork Road in the Shaded Woods and head down the path you haven't done yet. The door down there will now open.
Further spoiler about the final boss you reach on this path, I recommend you read it because you can make the game much harder if you do something wrong here:
Spoiler!
When you get to the Ancient Dragon speak to him first and get an item off him. If you aggro him before then your only choice his to kill him and he is easily the hardest boss in the game on a whole other scale to anything you have faced this far (with the possible exception of another optional boss that you can unlock but you wont have faced that).
"Puny God!"

Glombeard
Legend

#246 Post by Glombeard » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:44 pm

cheers! i didn't know i had to go further to kill the King. i thought i had all of them!

well, it's definitely good news as i've more to face!

thx for the advices guys! :)
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Reyes
Rofficer

#247 Post by Reyes » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:29 am

i hate shrine of amana
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#248 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:45 am

Be human and use the NPC summon. The only place (so far) where I've done that just to make the zone itself less annoying.

Glombeard
Legend

#249 Post by Glombeard » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:19 am

few days ago i completed my first round in DS2.

actually last boss was easy enough with 2 NPC summons. yesterday i even went back to kill the huge rat boss i was missing.
Spoiler!
i had to spend several tries to learn how quickly kill its adds then rolling behind his legs.
anyway i should start a NG+1.. but i'm tempted not to and instead start a new char.....caster maybe....

awesome game!

i felt even trying DS1 again, to try and kill last boss (still missing) but it's not working. i've read games for windows live (i don't know why) isn't working and i can't get my old char back. my only option is start a new one while i can't save....

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#250 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:36 pm

Congrats Glom!

I will get back to it, eventually..