Dragon Age: Inquisition

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Fienasre
Legend

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition

#11 Post by Fienasre » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:39 am

The 5 day in advance 5 hours of playtime? Or is just Europe's mainland waiting for Friday to happen?
│o_

northwestdakota
Rofficer

#12 Post by northwestdakota » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:59 am

I used a VPN to login to Origin from the states. Don't tell anyone :)
I don't hear as good as I used to, and I ain't as pretty as I used to be. But I'm still here - I'm the Ram.

northwestdakota
Rofficer

#13 Post by northwestdakota » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:11 pm

I don't hear as good as I used to, and I ain't as pretty as I used to be. But I'm still here - I'm the Ram.

Deathviper
Guild Master (Retired)

#14 Post by Deathviper » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:36 pm

It's just dumb that they have staggered the release dates when there are simple guides about to circumvent the regional restrictions. My brotehr was playing it from Monday using a VPN in Australia as it released there a day before the US.

I'm going to be getting it I'm just not sure when, it may even have to wait until xmas. It will be on the top of my games wiishlist though (which is pretty long).
"Puny God!"

Fienasre
Legend

#15 Post by Fienasre » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:55 pm

Hitting the store after work on friday. Though I am going to be lonely on PS4...
│o_

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#16 Post by Revolver » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Not if you play Diablo you're not. ;)
Stealth is an option.

Fienasre
Legend

#17 Post by Fienasre » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Shoo. into the Diablo thread with you!

My PC has the recommended specs if I compare it with the website. But the graphics card they advice is the one I have. So it can't be ultra specs. Right? BF4 runs on ultra but that game is a year old. This has to be better looking and everything.
│o_

northwestdakota
Rofficer

#18 Post by northwestdakota » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:34 am

It's got a lot of options to tweak on the menu. What resolution do you play at and what card do you have?

Fienasre
Legend

#19 Post by Fienasre » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:22 pm

Lol I ordered my pc through work. So I have to official invoice in my mailbox, apparantly.

- 1920/1080 (I think. I bought a seperate screen)
- 1.5GB geforce GTX 660. (driver updated to most recent)
- 12GB DDR3
- i7-3770 (3.40GHz, 8mB)
- Windows 8 64bit (updated to most recent)

What do you think? OK for a great Dragon Age experience? It needs to be on par with PS4 ofc. I can't just buy a lower quality game, just to play a bit of multiplayer with you guys... Duh :ninja:
│o_

northwestdakota
Rofficer

#20 Post by northwestdakota » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:11 pm

Try running everything on ultra but put the anti-aliasing on 0. I believe there are a few options, 0, 2 MSA and 4 MSA. There is another anti-aliasing called post processing anti-aliasing and it seems to take far less resources and while the 2 options together are nice, the MSA 2/4 is very much a luxury. If that does not give you satisfactory results, you can play around with some of the other options and take a few Ultras to high.

In terms of, is it better than console you have to consider? You have to consider a few things. You will likely be playing the game at a higher res than on a TV, so straight away PC will be superior in that regard. Then there is FPS, I’m not certain what the FPS is on console but I’d be surprised to see if it was higher than the frame rates you should see on your PC. There is always cost to consider, I paid £30 for digital deluxe, the console version is £50 (not sure if it includes the deluxe extras)

Lastly, all those options. It impossible to really know right now what the console is set to, I’d guess it’s all on the equivalent of high, but that is just a guess.