That Bloodborne thread

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Kelodur
Rofficer

That Bloodborne thread

#1 Post by Kelodur » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:58 am

So, Bloodborne.

Played it yesterday for a while. And, wow. The atmosphere of the game is stunning. I love the "Van Helsing" setting, and on PS4 it offers some oh so nice visuals too. Gameplay is very Dark Souls at heart, but faster, with emphasis on group fights, dodging and all in all more action and less waiting. You can also heal much more often and use more items, making the game feel more "Diablo-ish" than its predecessor.

I did explore some weird places, but didn't get up to the first boss yet. And I died, well, TONS of times.

I love it. Much more than DS2 so far (which is not that far admittedly :D).
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Deathviper
Guild Master (Retired)

Re: That Bloodborne thread

#2 Post by Deathviper » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:38 pm

I'm still waiting for my copy to turn up, though I don't expect it to be until Friday sadly :(
"Puny God!"

Fienasre
Legend

#3 Post by Fienasre » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:58 pm

I had a go as well. I think I am stuck in my DS rythm to much. Slow paced, smaller groups and pebbles to lure them. I did find a boss and I did manage to hit it a lot of times in my second go... But only 15% or so of it's HP bar vanished. So I am guessing I need to follow road number 2, first.
I have no fricking idea and I am scared to death... I LOVE this game!
│o_

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#4 Post by Revolver » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:34 am

Hurry up, Friday.

Stealth is an option.

Fienasre
Legend

#5 Post by Fienasre » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:41 am

And! Did you have a go?
'We had a party at work yesterday. So I came home at 9pm, took a shower and fired up the game.
I must have dozed off during the loading time because I lost a bit of time there. My guess was that it was not a good moment to play Bloodborne. Buggered off to the pc to play a couple of HS games.

Tonight... though. I am going ALL OUT! Anyone care to join me? Party chat is enabled in Bloodborne!
│o_

Kelodur
Rofficer

#6 Post by Kelodur » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:36 am

I have played it some more. What an AWESOME game.

I've reached my first boss. A very Dark Soulish boss. Only you don't have a shield and you can roll in and out faster. And it's HARD. So hard I ended up smashing my R2 button. So today I have to buy another joypad :D.
Spoiler!
Hint 1: when you get to the boss for the first time, you'll unlock the way to upgrade your stats. So just run to him ASAP and start farming.
Spoiler!
Hint 2: before you start to tackle the boss, there's a way to unluck a shortcut to him. Not telling you the details, but it's worth finding (it's not that obvious).
Pro tip: L1 can be used to wield your weapon with two hands, as usual. BUT. You can use L1 in mid combo, and this will result in an attack that changes the way you wield your weapon too. So, in example, you can open up with a fast one handed R1 attack, follow up with an L1 attack that transform your axe in a scythe, and close with another L1 that makes your weapon small again giving you the time to roll away fast. Well. I actually never tried this but I read it this morning in a review. Sounds MENTAL to me.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#7 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:34 pm

Haven't read the spoilers, are they for the first boss? Haven't found a boss yet.

My experience so far, having just played for a bit before work today.

1. This is really easy when I use a pebble to pull and make groups smaller.
2. I'm running out of pebbles, maybe I should try and see if body pulling is effective.
3. You Died.

My new plan is to try step 2 on a group which doesn't have dogs in it.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#8 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:37 pm

Oh, and embarrassing fail - I simply cannot work out how to equip my gun (or torch). WHY CAN'T I JUST SELECT IT IN THE INVENTORY LIKE I WOULD A NORMAL WEAPON.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#9 Post by Revolver » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:52 pm

I couldn't work out how to save and quit the game. So mine's paused at home. I'm at work now.
Stealth is an option.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#10 Post by Revolver » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:58 pm

And I couldn't equip the gun.
Stealth is an option.