That Bloodborne thread

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: That Bloodborne thread

#291 Post by TroyBlade » Tue May 12, 2015 11:09 am

I couldn't decide whether to try and level up some more or go back to the SPOILER fight or finish my chalice dungeon - so I started a new character instead.

Gascoigne killed me 6 times. :mad: My stupid threaded cane was doing 31 damage to him for the first 3 tries so I went and levelled myself and the cane and then it did 41 damage to him. :mad: And then I ran out of bullets so I didn't even get to try any parries. And the trick mode does even less damage, WTF!

And now it does 24 damage to the giants in Cathedral Ward. WTF Rev? No wonder you switched to the rifle spear.

I left it with me standing on a platform above the floor in the old Yharnam cathedral with no way to go but down, into all those enemies that I will try and scratch to death. :mad:
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Fienasre
Legend

#292 Post by Fienasre » Tue May 12, 2015 11:42 am

To be honest... There you have a challenge set for you!
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#293 Post by TroyBlade » Wed May 13, 2015 12:53 pm

Many deaths last night with my new character. I did manage to 1-shot Amelia though, after I picked up the Tonitrus.

The problem with the Tonitrus is that a) it scales from STR when I've been levelling SKI and b) the arcane scaling obviously only affects the lightning damage part, which is a much smaller part of the damage, so sometimes I have to put 2 points in Arcane to get 1 point of damage. Mental.

Also, I have a fire gem now, that doesn't actually fit in the Tonitrus yet, but I think, then when I put it in there, I will actually lose the lightning damage portion.

So the Tonitrus is probably a terrible choice long term.

Right now though, it's great to able to 2-shot a church messenger again, instead of 5-shot it.

Deathviper
Guild Master (Retired)

#294 Post by Deathviper » Wed May 13, 2015 1:07 pm

I finally managed to clear my depth 4 Chalice last night, though it took me 20-30 tries to kill the final boss (Amygadala) with the reduced HP, I would say that it has been the hardest boss so far. I ended up using a pretty cheap trick to do phase 3 as I would only get there every 5 tries or so and normally died before I had hit more than a couple of times.

Anyway at least I can start on the depth 5 Chalices now and hopefully face Yharnam herself :)
"Puny God!"

Fienasre
Legend

#295 Post by Fienasre » Wed May 13, 2015 2:56 pm

I watched a couple of EnB episodes. And then retraced his steps in my own fashion. That ment tying up some lose ends in Central Yharnam (and getting used to the fact that I can't one-shot mobs anymore) and then making my way into Old Yharnam. One-shotted the boss! Go me! After that I went on and went up into the old workshop area. It felt really good to come back to this place again. But running through this whole section in less than 4 hours feels awkward. The Holy blade is still the way to go for me though. It's AMAZING.

Btw... What do you do before you end a souls game? That question is still bugging me...
│o_

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#296 Post by Revolver » Wed May 13, 2015 3:19 pm

Fienasre wrote:Btw... What do you do before you end a souls game? That question is still bugging me...
Hahaha.
Spoiler!
Kill every NPC you can and loot their rotten corpses.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#297 Post by TroyBlade » Wed May 13, 2015 4:19 pm

Speaking of unanswered questions..
Revolver wrote:Ah, so this is pebble land. Why is it called that?
The short answer, is that for some reason, there are a lot of pebbles. From enemies (not crows) and also on the ground.

The long answer - way back in the old days, Fien and I were playing at pretty much the exact same place. Then I died to a sack boy and got sent to the gaol. I was all excited about the awesome cut scene and the brand new area and convinced Fien to deliberately die to the sack boy so he could see it too. I then spent half an hour trying to convince Fien that he was in an AMAZING pebble farming zone, rather than the hell that he found himself in, getting his eyeballs removed by witches.

Which actually brings us back to the pebbles themselves. They are probably not pebbles at all. They are probably eyeballs. Not only do you get them from the witches who steal your eyes, but if you look at the item in game, they do look like eyeballs.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#298 Post by TroyBlade » Wed May 13, 2015 4:23 pm

See.

Deathviper
Guild Master (Retired)

#299 Post by Deathviper » Wed May 13, 2015 4:59 pm

Or Mini Death Stars
"Puny God!"

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#300 Post by Revolver » Wed May 13, 2015 8:27 pm

What's your signature, Troy? I'm not clever enough to work it out.
Stealth is an option.