That Bloodborne thread

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

Re: That Bloodborne thread

#311 Post by Revolver » Thu May 21, 2015 3:53 pm

Managed to get back into the game last night, and downed a couple of bosses. No idea where I'm going now, which is nice.

Also started a chalice dungeon. Seems a bit dull so far.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#312 Post by TroyBlade » Tue May 26, 2015 9:49 pm

Patch notes from the patch we got a couple of days ago.

By using password matching, you can now be matched regardless of level difference, and even with a hostile oath.
Conditions for the appearance of the insight store changed: it will appear when the player has one or more insight instead of 10 (Once unlocked, it will now remain unlocked for the rest of the game, even if you have zero insight).
Added a "blood chunk" item to the insight store (it will appear after playing the game up to a point).It costs 30 Insight.
Up to 600 Blood vials and quicksilver bullets can now be stored in the storage.
Adjusted the strength of some enemies in some areas in new game plus.
Adjusted the resistance and vulnerability of some enemies to bolt and arcane attacks.
Changes made to how Beasthood accumulates. This increases duration and improves attack of beast mode.
Adjusted the effect of Beast Blood Pellet item.
Fixed a bug of the attack force of the Rifle Spear. In particular, it was fixed a problem with the use of Blood Gems.
Reduced the stamina use of the Kirkhammer.
Reduced the stamina use of the Logarius' Wheel.
Increased the duration of Old Hunter Bone and reduced the use of Quicksilver Bullets (reduced from five to four).
Increased the duration of the effect of Tiny Tonitrus. Increased attack force. Attack force with low arcane will be higher.
Increased the duration of the effect of Augur of Ebrietas. Attack force with low arcane will be higher.
Reduced the Quicksilver Bullet cost for use of A Call Beyond (reduced from eight to seven).
Reduced the Quicksilver Bullet cost for use of Choir Bell (reduced from eight to seven).
Added Short Ritual Root Chalice to the insight store after completing the Pthumeru Chalice dungeon. It costs 10 Insight.
It's possible to take advantage of the Short Ritual Root Chalice from an earlier stage of the game.
Added a random rewards when killing a Chalice dungeon boss. They will now drop a random Blood Gem in addition to weapon enhancement materials.
Different depths of Chalice Dungeons will now drop different Blood Stones
Depth 1: Blood Stone Shard
Depth 2: Twin Blood Stone Shard
Depth 3: Twin Blood Stone Shard and Blood Stone Chunk (Rare)
Depth 4: Blood Stone Chunk
Depth 5: Blood Stone Chunk and Blood Rock (Rare)
Increased the level of Blood Gems available in Depth 1-3 Dungeons.
Increased the amount of Blood Echoes dropped in Chalice Dungeons.
Co-op partners joining a cursed dungeon will only see their HP reduced by 50 per cent, and not by 65 per cent as it was before.
When starting co-op in a chalice dungeon, you will now spawn in the lantern room.
Weapons with special names like "uncanny" and so forth can now be purchased from the Bath Messengers once found.
Adjusted the brightness of the screen when finding a pool of Blood Echoes on the ground.
Corrected the bug that disconnect you from online mode when in stand-by.
Corrected a bug that caused enemies not to be displayed correctly for co-op guests when moving fast.
Further tweaks and bug fixes.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#313 Post by Revolver » Wed May 27, 2015 12:33 am

Awesome, so you can all come and help me when I'm struggling now. Grats!
Stealth is an option.

Fienasre
Legend

#314 Post by Fienasre » Thu May 28, 2015 9:45 am

We already could! With our chars that have already caught up with you!

I managed to do small stretches of play, but the amount of things done in those stretches is ridiculous. Managed to fully EnB run Cainhurst (less than 1 hour, (Logarius in a different stretch but one-shot)) and Pebble land mk2 up until the boss within an hour (and one fucking death!!!! grrrrrrrrrr) as well. It costs me more time to watch EnB do it than to do it myself...

And in the small hours of the night, when I couldn't sleep, I created a new char that is sitting in central Yharnam waiting to be a great arcane puppet. (OK I lied about the char being at your level.)
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#315 Post by TroyBlade » Thu May 28, 2015 12:29 pm

My interest in Bloodborne is waning.

My arcane character really sucks. I don't feel like Logarius is killable right now. But the weird thing is I don't feel terrible at doing damage as much as I feel squishy but I can't think of a reason why that would be.

Maybe I just need to go to pebble land 2 and level up some more.

Or find a second fire gem, that would help. Although even then it's probably the wrong shape and would mean I need to get a weapon from a chalice dungeon before I could use it. Sigh.

I did some chalice dungeons. I thought the standard ones were supposed to be all the same. maybe I'm just confused in my old age but I seem to have some minor differences. But what's definitely different are the bosses - that boomerang twat is a twat.

Has anyone done any of the truly random chalice dungeons? Can you find weapons in those before the really deep ones?

Fienasre
Legend

#316 Post by Fienasre » Thu May 28, 2015 1:10 pm

I have only ever done 2 chalice dungeons. The one you get through the Blood depraved beast chalice and the next level for which I found the chalice in the first dungeon. How do you make a truly random dungeon?
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#317 Post by TroyBlade » Thu May 28, 2015 1:22 pm

Err, by using a "Root" chalice I think.

Fienasre
Legend

#318 Post by Fienasre » Thu May 28, 2015 1:32 pm

Apparantly that is correct. I was just reading about dungeon's on a message board. Lot's of info there.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805577-b ... e/71613736
│o_

Fienasre
Legend

#319 Post by Fienasre » Fri May 29, 2015 10:04 am

We could try to co-op a chalice dungeon.
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#320 Post by TroyBlade » Fri May 29, 2015 10:30 am

That's a great idea. Although we're either going to struggle to get the mats for the same good one, or we're going to have to do an easy one.