That Bloodborne thread

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Fienasre
Legend

Re: That Bloodborne thread

#321 Post by Fienasre » Fri May 29, 2015 11:36 am

Time to investigate. What depth should we aim for? 3 or 4? My holy blade char is lvl 125. And then we need a list of ingredients per chalice dungeon:

http://www.gosunoob.com/bloodborne/all- ... ons-guide/

I am not sure which chalice is which depth but I assume we can figure that out. Ohh... and I don't really know what I have in my storage. Anyway, we can figure this out!
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#322 Post by TroyBlade » Fri May 29, 2015 12:50 pm

Mine is 119, close enough.

I have the Ailing Loran Chalice - Depth 4 and the mats to go with it, which are 9 x Ritual Blood (4) and 4 x Coldblood Flowerheart.

I don't have anything else other than the regular Pthumeru Depth 3 non root chalice (or even lower level).
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Fienasre
Legend

#323 Post by Fienasre » Fri May 29, 2015 3:23 pm

I will have a look at my storage when I get home! The flower thingies from Nightmare Frontier?
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#324 Post by TroyBlade » Fri May 29, 2015 3:56 pm

Coldblood Flowerbud sorry.

Which there are 3 of in Nightmare Frontier yes, but you need 4.

I've done some reading. Apparently, whilst we can co-op as normal, involving both of us opening the same dungeon, then going in and using the bell, there is a much better way of doing it.

We need the Short Ritual Root Chalice which is gotten from the last boss of the Lower Hintertomb Chalice.

Once you have that, you can use it to join your buddy in whatever Chalice dungeon they are doing no matter where they are in that dungeon.

We should prioritise getting hold of those.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#325 Post by TroyBlade » Fri May 29, 2015 4:04 pm

I just checked and I do not have the Lower Hintertomb Chalice.

I have the regular Hintertomb Chalice The Lower version is found in there.

So we could co-op that first if you have it. Or we could co-op wherever I got that from if you don't.

But I'm sure you do since it's found in Central Pthumeru Chalice which is probably the 2nd one you ever did.

Or we could accept that Depth 2 dungeons are too easy to bother doing them co-op. I don't mind.

Fienasre
Legend

#326 Post by Fienasre » Fri May 29, 2015 4:39 pm

I do have the Hintertomb chalice. But not the lower one. I can either priorize getting that short ritual chalice when I get home... in a bit. Or do it together. I'll start when I get home! The nightmare Frontier is also the next bit in my NG+ playthrough so grabbing the flower buds is OK as well... But that would waste mats if we can do it the cheapo version with the short ritual root chalice... God who came up with those names.
│o_

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#327 Post by Revolver » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:54 am

So apparently I finished it last night. Woo. Missed some stuff at the end, but wasn't listening to any of the talky bits, so didn't realise old grumpy features would just...
Spoiler!
Chop my head off. Oops.
Started NG+, quit, started a new character, quit. Might come back to it one day!
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#328 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:59 pm

Sweet.

You know which game you are Destined to play now right?

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#329 Post by Revolver » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:08 pm

Yeah baby! It's my... density.
Spoiler!
Stealth is an option.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#330 Post by Kelodur » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:56 am

So, after completing Dark Souls 3 I decided to play Bloodborne again. Since on my first playthru I have used a Kirkhammer / Logarius Wheel build, I opted for something completely different this time, and I'm aiming for a Skill / Bloodtinge build. So, Threaded Cane time, and then... BOWBLADE!

First evening was fun, but quite easy too. I have had a lot of problems with the first level when I first started, but this time it was a breeze. I've downed both the Cleric Beast and Gascoigne, wiping a little bit on the latter mostly because I had run out of molotov before engaging him.

It plays so smoothly and feels so responsive though, it's truly a joy to play. Dark Souls 3 had very tight controls and relied on rolling a lot, but the level of rolling and movement you have in Bloodborne is another league entirely. And it just looks oh so much better than DS... it just OOZES atmosphere.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.