That Bloodborne thread

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: That Bloodborne thread

#41 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:10 am

Ok so after my latest watch EnB do the bit I just did - I think I've come to the conclusion that except for boss fights, I'm quite happy to get spoilers.

And given that I'm happy to know the 2 things I found out, I'm going to give you the choice of whether to know them too.

The following spoiler contains 2 locations/paths to take that I missed last night and I'm almost certain that Fien missed them as well, since we were pretty much doing the same thing.
Spoiler!
Ok so we unlocked the round lift that goes up from the Oeden chapel. If you turn round while on the lift, then run against the wall as it goes up, you go through a hidden exit half way up. There are some items out there.

The second one is bigger; In the drop down tower, there is a door that leads out of the tower, before you get to the bottom. That one leads to an AMAZING place that I won't spoil, I'll just say that it's probably still optional, but nevertheless has big implications. And I'll also say that you can do something with one of the items you find, at a location that we already know. I suppose I can be more specific if you want but it might be cool to figure it out for yourself. That's the downside of actively getting the spoilers. I'll never know if I would have worked it out for myself. But even so, i'm pretty sure I'd have never found the place at all, hence the decision to embrace the spoilers.
Embrace the spoilers people.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#42 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:18 am

TroyBlade wrote:except for boss fights
Just to be clear, I think I'm ok with getting tips from you guys. For example knowing to always
Spoiler!
roll left
on boss 3 was a fine tip, worked out by a fellow Renegade. Working together is great.

I also have something that would really help Rev out. But since I got it from the internet and didn't work it out for myself, it feels more cheaty. Rev should definitely try as many times as me before he gets that kind of assistance. :ninja:

Fienasre
Legend

#43 Post by Fienasre » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:57 pm

Yep! I am still happy to talk like a lunatic in the chat. It helps me to gain focus and also averts irritation. Though last night I passed the irritation treshhold. I went to bed feeling genuinely annoyed and had to read a couple of pages of a Terry Pratchett book to find my calm. I am sorry if I was swearing and cursing a bit to much after you pulled me into horrorland with you.

I love the group effort of finding stuff for ourselves and then sharing with the rest. But please stop me if I give to much info... I am not so sure yet on the use of the internet if we are not stuck. But I have read your spoiler and am quite eager to find those places... (I understand the bit on the halfway point in the high place for example)

We could talk to Rev about our experiences with the second boss... I think I have some solid advice on how to beat it that doesn't come from the internet. Ahh well... Talk to you tonight!
│o_

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#44 Post by Revolver » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:58 pm

Nah, I'm so close to getting him. I was just unlucky with some rolls last night getting stuck on scenery. And I keep forgetting to use my gun.

Probably not on tonight, but I'll have him on Wednesday. Or be back here on Thursday for spoilers.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#45 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:20 pm

Fienasre wrote:after you pulled me into horrorland with you.
You mean the awesome pebble farming zone I showed you out of the goodness of my heart?

You're just mad because the woman loved me but hated you..

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#46 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:28 pm

Also, EMBRACE THE SPOILER. I just looked up why that woman might not talk to you but did to me. I don't know the exact reason but read the spoiler for a general idea.
Spoiler!
She only talks to people wearing the "correct attire".

Deathviper
Guild Master (Retired)

#47 Post by Deathviper » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:58 pm

I didn't get as much play time in over the weekend as I wanted to sadly mainly due to illness after I first played on Saturday. I did manage to get the first boss down (the Cleric Beast) and had a few goes at the second, I got him to his 3rd form on the 2nd try but I hardly hurt him after that.

I feel I must have missed some NPCs though as I don't think I have met anyone so far who has done anything but to tell me to bugger off, should I have met anyone more useful by now?

Loving the game so far though, it has taken some getting used to as always used a heavy shield in the souls games and have to have much faster reactions here but I'm getting the hang of it.
"Puny God!"

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#48 Post by Revolver » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:02 pm

There are plenty of people to talk to, but not many that saying anything interesting before the second boss. Check for doors with lanterns outside them for the NPCs you should be speaking to. There's at least one (I've only found one) with a quest for you.
Stealth is an option.

Deathviper
Guild Master (Retired)

#49 Post by Deathviper » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:12 pm

I try to keep an eye out but then forget about it.

I just checked a walkthrough up to the second boss as I thought I had fully searched the whole area up to that point, turns out I missed an NPC with a quest (presumably the one you mentioned) and a weapon.
"Puny God!"

Kelodur
Rofficer

#50 Post by Kelodur » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:04 pm

I am completely spoiler free, and I plan to keep that way for as long as I can manage. I'm loving every single bit of Bloodborne (aside for the long loading times, and the fact my internet never works when I'm playing it), and a big part of this is that I don't know what I'm doing, where I'm going, and I'm trying to figure out everything by myself.

I cleared both the Cleric Beast and Gascoigne so far, and I even found a tricky spoiler-ish thing to pull with the latter that made me truly feel proud.
Spoiler!
ie: I used the carillon I got from the child to stun him after he became a werewolf of sort
I've met a third boss, but, well, I hit him (her? it?) once and then died. Welcome back to the Bloodborne loading-fest.

I love the fact that the levels are built like mazes that you can navigate in a lot of ways. They are the best designed levels of any game I've ever played so far.

Oh, last night I managed to kill mom for the first time in Binding Of Isaac Redux! Yay me!
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.