Money Time. (Official Payday 2 thread)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Money Time. (Official Payday 2 thread)

#1 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:34 pm

So I got the max lockpicking skill. Despite it seeming really slow still, I decided to test it out with a Bank Heist: Deposit Boxes. I did the whole thing (minus getting the bags to the van) in 48 minutes. That's doing the vault and opening every safety deposit box inside. And handling every NPC on the map since it was a bad located vault. It was definitely one of my faster bank heists though. Sometimes you are just sat there waiting for guards to path favourably but not this time.

Anyway, the spoils, a very sweet $820K spending cash. I think I was lucky with that too though. 4 x Gold in the boxes.

I also decided that whilst not exactly cheating, (there is still a challenge with stealth,) that I should do some stealth jobs without finding out how to do them on youtube first. I did Four Stores, although that was pretty lucky since I got an indoor ATM machine. I am working on Shadow Raid now. I think I might buy some extra body bags. It might be doable with my strategy then. It also might be doable anyway, if I could actually find the security room to take out all the cameras.

Whilst the game isn't technically very good at all, I'm having so much fun with it. To the point where I'm still not playing Fallout 4 very much.. There are still a whole load of jobs that I haven't even looked at yet too.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

Re: Money Time. (Official Payday 2 thread)

#2 Post by Revolver » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:31 pm

A thread dedicated to Payday? Awesome, but optimistic! :)

I don't find the stealth missions to be quite as enjoyable as you do. They clearly way better in terms of EXP and loot, but I just prefer the shooting.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#3 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:01 pm

Well it's more so I don't have to bore everyone in Oblivion. I can talk to myself in here, it's fine.

I did the shadow raid but only on Very Hard. There's so many more guards and cameras on Overkill.

There's also a vault that I didn't manage to get inside. And a helicopter that lands on the roof - it left long before I got up there, so no clue what that's all about.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#4 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:58 pm

Ok so, remember the nightclub heist? You need to find the manager's safe and it spawns in one of 3 rooms..

Now it never occurred to me, that you ALWAYS find it by the 2nd room (if you didn't already find it in the first). So it tuns out, that if you carry on, you find a 2nd safe. This has coke in it. So the manager's safe has 2 or 3 money bags worth only 7.5K each. My first coke safe had 5 bags of coke worth 1 MILLION dollars!

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#5 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:53 pm

So Shadow Raid is done on Overkill Now. Got to level 80 so unlocked Deathwish difficulty. Seems pretty much the same (when stealthing) except you can't take out cameras any more. They sit in like bullet proof cages. Also worked out what the helicopter is about. It randomly either drops off an extra really valuable piece of loot, or it drops off a bunch of extra guards. It's pretty much a fail for me when it's extra guards..

I also found another huuuuge stealth mission - The Bomb: Dockyards. It's probably the first and only so far stealth mission where it would be really helpful to have 2 of you doing it. I've failed it about 20 times so far but I just need to string together one of my perfect first halves with one of my adequate 2nd halves and it'll be done.

Reyes
Rofficer

#6 Post by Reyes » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:41 pm

i've placed my order. should be able to play on thursday
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#7 Post by Revolver » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:59 pm

ZOMG. 3 player is going to be awesome.

Who will win the contest and join us as #4?
Stealth is an option.

Reyes
Rofficer

#8 Post by Reyes » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:08 pm

i have no idea how you can play this single-player
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#9 Post by TroyBlade » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:46 pm

Jewelry store on normal. Walk in the shop. Kill the guard (if he is in the front). Smash 3 cases and throw them to the van.

Repeat.

Until you get a silencer. Then all the Bank Heists are do-able, even on high levels.

But you're right. Most of the jobs are a nightmare to solo loud. Even on normal difficulty. At least until you get some decent gear. Then some of them are ok, but the rewards are terrible compared to stealthing something at a higher level.

But no matter, since we are 3 and 4 once Fien gets it.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#10 Post by TroyBlade » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:41 am

TroyBlade wrote:Jewelry store on normal. Drop an ECM jammer. Walk in the shop. Kill the guard (if he is in the front). Smash 3 cases and throw them to the van.
Fixed.

And as mentioned, the obvious one I forgot was to do Mallcrasher. I could solo that on very hard very early on. That's the one to do if you need money.

And until you can stealth, avoid all the jobs that have a lot of bags to carry. Even if you can do them, there is a chance your escape will fail so you end up failing the mission anyway because there are too many bags to save in the escape event.