Money Time. (Official Payday 2 thread)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Money Time. (Official Payday 2 thread)

#71 Post by TroyBlade » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:03 pm

It could well have been UKJ.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Reyes
Rofficer

#72 Post by Reyes » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:32 pm

I soloed Dockyard on DW. I still haven't really got the hang of the right side but fortunately it was a fairly easy setup
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#73 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:30 pm

The first 2 buildings on the right side.

Code: Select all

------
	-	 -
	A	 B
	-	 -
	------

C    D

------
	-	 -
	E	 F	
	-	 -	
	------

A, B, E & F are the doors. All 6 letters are possible static guard spawns.

The only difficult bit is getting from A to the little office in the next warehouse. The key is that you use door A and sprint to the office, even if the guard spawn is C. Only a guard at A means you have to use door B.

For me, if the guard is at A, then I will peak round the corner of the last building and if clear, sprint. You might run into a civ in the warehouse if the office door is closed. I kill him and bag him. You might get witnessed by the other civ looking in the opposite warehouse door. I kill him and bag him too. That dead civ might also be spotted by a guard who patrols around the containers south of the right side gate room.

So basically, guard at A, both civs in the wrong place facing the wrong way, plus the patrolling guard for about 1/4 of his patrol, and it's a fail. I find the chances of this happening a lot lower than the fails I got when I used to not sprint to the office. I've practically bumped into the guard that can patrol past the north side of the second building, while sprinting, he never caught me.

If all went well and I make it to the office, then I will take my time and kill the inside warehouse civ on my terms, when the other civ is not there. I can spare the body bag and it removes the risk in the event that I have to do the whole sequence again later if the computer is the one upstairs here.

In other news, I did a couple more The Diamond on Overkill. I now appreciate the difficulty of doing the tiles on DW. Even when pausing and memorising the map, it still took me 38 and 41 seconds to get the diamond. Clearly I fail the tiles on DW because I am slow, not because I am stupid.

Am going to try and get good at Framing Frame next I think.

Reyes
Rofficer

#74 Post by Reyes » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:42 pm

One thing I've seen is to keep letting the path expire until you get a really easy one.

Anyway, when's Rev joining us again for some actual shooting?

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#75 Post by Revolver » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:07 pm

OMW!

Actually, I might be around for a couple of nights this week. Happy to join you when I do finally turn up.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#76 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:46 pm

Revolver wrote:Happy to join you when I do finally turn up.
:mad:

We actually had a successful night for a change. A couple of Transport heists done loud on Very Hard. And a 21 bag DW Shadow Raid including the vault with a record payday (for me at least) plus a bonus DW Dockyard to finish.

I want to do The Bomb: Forest. It pains me that we have never managed it.

Off to watch some videos of it..

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#77 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:54 pm

I did it! On hard.

Spent 8 points on the helicopter escape, since carrying bags solo is bollocks. And the other 2 points on positioning a couple of wagons near the helicopter escape.

And ignored the ladder. I didn't find a wagon that I couldn't climb up on top of without a ladder.

I even got 2 extra loot out.

Reyes
Rofficer

#78 Post by Reyes » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:05 pm

Done the Diamond on DW. Should have been a stealth escape but I got greedy. I had a pager left so I thought I was safe but got caught by two at once. Sensor mines are excellent although obviously ECM would have been nice at the end

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#79 Post by Revolver » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:23 pm

TroyBlade wrote:
Revolver wrote:Happy to join you when I do finally turn up.
:mad:
To be fair (ish), I only came online because my brother wanted to play some Gauntlet. I was just about to go to bed!

Oh, I finished Life is Strange the other morning. It was awesome. Really brilliantly done. But also, very slightly rubbish.

I don't think I'd ever want to play it again, and really couldn't care what the other possible endings were. By the end I wasn't even using the rewind time stuff very much... just going with my gut instinct and living with the consequences. Seemed a lot more fun like that.

Good story.

This should probably be in Oblivion. Bugger.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#80 Post by TroyBlade » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:12 pm

Reyes wrote:Done the Diamond on DW.
This is not something I think I am capable of. Nice job.

I wonder if you need to actually do the heists on hard to get the everything done on hard trophy, or if a higher difficulty counts. I think I might only have Firestarter left, if the higher difficulties count.