The Movies That Matter

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Kelodur
Rofficer

Re: The Movies That Matter

#11 Post by Kelodur » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:02 pm

The BFG is the Big (Fucking) Friendly Giant, I guess. New Spielberg + Disney movie. Looks definitely promising:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_BFG_(2016_film)

I can't personally understand all the hate against Ghostbusters. It seems to me that the main problem the Internet is having is with the concept of having 4 women filling the shoes of the original Ghostbusters. There are better trailers around for sure. But hey, how many comedy movies have funny trailer and then you realise the movie only good jokes are the ones found in the trailer? Melissa McCarthy's Spy trailer was totally unfunny when compared to the full movie, so I have faith.

Warcraft might have looked a bit shit, but it's made by freaking Duncan Jones. The trailer has got Harvest Golems, several different locations spanning all the World of Warcraft and possibly even KARAZHAN. Ignoring anything Karazhan related should be forbidden.

Passengers might be just a romance movie in space or be something quite special. The director made one huge movie (The Imitation Game), the cast is (pun unintended) stellar, and if everything goes wrong, you'll still have 2 hours of Jennifer Lawrence to enjoy.

But hey, just Superheroes movies is ok :D. I just don't watch them :D.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#12 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:11 pm

FINE.

I've put in some of your crap movies, but I'm not watching them (at the cinema). Unless as you say, Passengers isn't just a romance.

And BFG didn't make it..
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#13 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:12 pm

So you didn't watch any of the Nolan Batman films? And won't be watching BvS? Avengers? Cap America?

You're right, this post isn't for you..

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#14 Post by Revolver » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:20 am

On the roof!
Stealth is an option.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#15 Post by Kelodur » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:46 pm

TroyBlade wrote:So you didn't watch any of the Nolan Batman films? And won't be watching BvS? Avengers? Cap America?

You're right, this post isn't for you..
I've watched the Batman trilogy, mostly because Nolan was involved. I have missed several other Batman movies in the past.

About Marvel... I've seen the first X-Men one day I was sick, the first Spiderman because Sam Raimi, the first Iron Man because Black Sabbath and the first Cap because I was sick again. And the two Avengers because Joss Wheddon. But I didn't rush to see any of these movies.

This year I will be skipping all the Marvel movies, and I will possibly watch BvS mostly because I loved the BvS fight in Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns.

So, you're right: this thread is probably not for me.
There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#16 Post by Revolver » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:24 pm

I was thinking similar things about Civil War until I saw the new trailer. And I don't usually even watch trailers. I think the new one just makes it look like a cool film, rather than just another Marvel movie.

And now I'm kinda hyped for Bats vs Supes as well, and hoping that Snyder hasn't royally fucked it up. Wonder Woman will sort them out, surely. Can't wait.
Stealth is an option.

Kelodur
Rofficer

#17 Post by Kelodur » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:02 pm

I don't want to sound elitist or something, but the fact is that I don't enjoy movie based on comics that much. I actually don't enjoy action movies that much anymore. I might just getting old, but lately when I choose the movie I want to see I'm much more tempted by the "drama" section. Recently I enjoyed, say, Birdman far more than Star Wars, in example. Mad Max was a big exception, but then that's one movie that gets oh-so-many things right it's hard not to be completely entranced by its near perfection.

jeym

#18 Post by jeym » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:24 pm

This is AMAZING - and who doesn't love a trailer?

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#19 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:33 pm

Bumped for some new trailers.