...now only embers remain. (Official Dark Souls 3 Thread)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Fienasre
Legend

Re: ...now only embers remain. (Official Dark Souls 3 Thread)

#181 Post by Fienasre » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:32 pm

I managed to get DS2 memorized with last year's Christmas period. This means that my brain has started to replay bits of memory where DS2 and celebrations are mixed up. This in turn is giving me nostalgia attacks. Maybe I will re-install it to get rid of them.

I played the DS3 DLC this weekend though. I managed to get my ass whooped in
Spoiler!
phase 3
by the first boss I found. Sister Friede and Ariandel. God I missed the excitement a proper DS boss can give through in it's first attempt. Was shaking all over (also due to having a severe cold and thus a lack of energy) when she finally made me pay for killing her two times.
Short run -> I left the tower on the right side of the starting area for what it was when I found the rope bridge onto the Chapel thingy. Looked pretty sweet. After that bird village and snow giant territory. I hate the flies that come afterwards and found the lever a bit to intricate for what it did. Dropped down some tree roots and found a invader in a circle that reminded me of two things... The cat lady arena and a DS1 DLC boss arena two. What's that knight's name again?

Anyway, great fun for the duration of 2 hours. Have I got much to do still?
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#182 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:51 pm

Added a spoiler to your post because hey,
Spoiler!
a 3 phase boss fight is a spoiler in itself.
You have barely anything at all left to do I'm afraid. If that took you 2 hours, then you are probably done in 15 minutes.

You killed Friede 3rd try? I think it was about 30 for me.. :crazy:

I wasn't even that upset about that since it was about 25 for Lobos Jr and some ridiculous number like 80 or so, for ENB.

DS1 DLC boss? Err, Artorius?

The arena you speak of is actually identical to
Spoiler!
The tower in the Painted World of Ariamis where we find Priscilla.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Fienasre
Legend

#183 Post by Fienasre » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:15 pm

Cat lady! Yeah sorry... spoilers. Still a bit sickish. I haven't defeated the boss yet.
Spoiler!
In my very first attempt I made it to phase 3 quite easily. She get's some sweet combo pieces by then where I always forget it lasts 4 attacks longer than I think.
So I can still go for the kill in 3 tries. Haven't done it yet, though. I do have it figured out except the
Spoiler!
phase 1 - invisibility bit
I just estus blunder through that bit.
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#184 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:24 pm

I have an awesome tip for phase 1, that's mechanical, not really a spoiler at all in my opinion.
Spoiler!
Wear headphones. You can hear where she goes to.

I never failed to get past phase 1 in my 30ish tries, except for a couple where I wasn't wearing headphones.

Although I do have awesome surround sound headphones. No idea if that helps..

Not using any Estus at all in phase 1 is the way to go. Then Ember at the start of phase 2. Because you need plenty for phase 3 I reckon.
The boss you haven't found yet is a massive let-down compared to this one..
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Fienasre
Legend

#185 Post by Fienasre » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:17 am

Due to still having cold issues I decided to start a new char called Two Handed Herm. I guess you can see where this guy is going to end up. Had to get to terms with the sluggish feeling compared to Ser Rolley who wields the sunlight straight sword with a black knight shield (the reason I had no troubles with Nameless King phase 1).
Anyway, picked up the Claymore from the start and it's smashing enemies now.
│o_