Westworld (Please use Spoilers)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Westworld (Please use Spoilers)

#111 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:52 pm

Well actually, if you zoom in the bit where
Spoiler!
Bernard shows Maeve that her whole escape was programmed
then you can see that
Spoiler!
The final procedure relates to infiltrating society on the outside.
So there is some evidence..
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#112 Post by Revolver » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:53 pm

Zoom in? Really? :)
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#113 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:18 pm

That's what the internet is actually for..
Spoiler!

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#114 Post by Revolver » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:24 pm

That pesky Arnold! Hiding them in the Hidden and Private folders! No wonder nobody found out what was going on!

Stealth is an option.

jeym

#115 Post by jeym » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:15 pm

Watched it, loved it. I presume there's
Spoiler!
different worlds judging by the samurai stuff towards the end?

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#116 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:24 am

Reyes wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:43 pm
Spoiler!
It feels like season 2 will be a very different show if the hosts are at war with the humans.
2.1 Spoilers.
Spoiler!
It does appear that the entire season is going to be exactly that. I don't know why I'm so sure of this but it seems as though the 2 weeks later timeline is the end and the rest of the season will just show us how we get to that point.

But other thoughts than that..

Delos' plan for world domination by taking the DNA of powerful people, recording their character traits, so that they can create clones and replace them, that's all straight out of the original Futureworld movie.

I had to rewind and pause the dead Teddy at the end to make sure it was him.

The hundreds of dead hosts are probably not dead at all. They are just doing what the other hosts did in this same episode - laying a trap.

And Bernard is complicit or perhaps instrumental in this trap. He is full on team host now.

Just guesses..

Not sure what I think about them replacing the quest for the maze with a new and interesting quest, for the door. Ok so the maze is the path for a host to reach self awareness. And the door is the literal way out? Although the annoying young Ford host with the Anthony Hopkins voice that made it so that you couldn't actually hear what he was saying seemed to say that last time it wasn't for MiB but this time it is. I dont know, it just seems like a contrived mystery element for season 2.

And yeah, do they think the audience is so dumb that they needed to be reminded or told who that was. They got MiB to call him Robert, which was surely enough.

Maeve was the best part of season 1. Becoming self aware. Or was she? Was she programmed to think that she was so that's how she would escape? etc. And now, she wants to find her daughter and look at dicks.

Anyway, in conclusion, I think I trust the writers to give me more than there seems to be. What I mean is, I'm expecting surprises that go above and beyond what we've seen thus far. The start is not terrible but must do better.

Glombeard
Legend

#117 Post by Glombeard » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:27 am

Spoiler!
i couldn't recognize who was the drowned guy at the end. i thought it was Logan but he didn't look like him (i completely forgot how he ended up in S1) but Teddy...interesting!!

maybe the Hosts are dead(!?) and they just need to wait for Maeve(!?) to wake them up

did they show us if Arnold actually killed his girl coworker (Elsie)? the one he attacked
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Glombeard
Legend

#118 Post by Glombeard » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:31 am

Spoiler!
another question:

i forgot what I.P. stands for. i mean what Delos is trying to steal from the park...

edit: anyway i like the way the show leaves us with question, wondering what it'll happen, happened and its meaning..
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#119 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:50 am

Spoiler!
IP is intellectual property.

It's a little strange that they describe it that way but in s1 it seemed to be the case that Delos felt that they needed to "steal" their own technology because of the risk of Ford wiping it all.

But the stuff they have been trying to smuggle out of the park is surely this cloning data, not the IP.

They never showed us Elsie but Bernard actually said something like "oh my God you made me kill Elsie" when talking to Ford after the Arnold reveal. It seemed clear that she is dead.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#120 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:40 pm

So, the internet has noticed that there is some strangeness going on.

So this spoiler doesn't spoil anything that wasn't in 2.1, it just tells us what we would have seen if we'd looked extremely carefully. Or perhaps you already noticed this stuff.
Spoiler!
Near the start, when Bernard is walking along the beach when the soldiers are setting up shop. The first thing is that Bernard finishes Floki's sentence for him. Almost under his breath. Like he has been through this before. But the bigger evidence that he has been through this before, is that as he walks along the beach, he watches the soldiers shoot some hosts. But they shoot the top hat guy and then the gold dress woman and he looks away. When he looks back, they kill the top hat guy again and the gold dress woman is still alive.

And another thing the internet noticed but I didn't, is that Bernard has no scar from his "suicide" last season. So I checked in the "last season on WW" clips at the start and sure enough, he has a small scar on his right temple while Ford is getting shot by Dolores. But it's not there on the beach.

So the whole episode shows Bernard being in a daze. It's probably not just the shock of everything that has happened since he found out what he is. There's probably more meaning to it.