Westworld (Please use Spoilers)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Westworld (Please use Spoilers)

#191 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:42 pm

Ok, the end credit scene, as explained, or perhaps just interpreted, by the director of the finale.
Spoiler!
Ok so we saw the tests being done on James Delos. And no matter how they tweaked the code, he always reached the cornerstone moment of his life, which was when he saw Logan for the last time, and sent him away.

So we get to MiB. The cornerstone moment of his life was when he shot and killed his daughter. So MiB willingly goes through the same process because "he needs to believe he can live a life where he never makes that choice".

What I would say about that, is ok, that makes some sense, except for the fact that did we ever really see MiB distraught about what he had done? We barely saw a realisation at all.. Anyway, I still liked having the explanation.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#192 Post by TroyBlade » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:11 pm

Spoiler!
Apparently, there is a scene in season 1, where Stubbs says something about Dolores acting up and orders her to be brought in. But Young William prevents the extraction. So we were already shown that Stubbs was there and the same age, 30 years ago.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#193 Post by Revolver » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:45 pm

La La La La, I'm not reading this page yet, but I just wanted to say that S2 Episode 8...

Spoiler!
Was awesome. It was the Ake one, where we get his whole story. Such good telly. Best episode of the season so far, easily.

I'm probably missing all of the convoluted stuff they're going to reveal in Ep. 10, but so far it all seems to be making sense. The Bernard stuff is probably the only thing I'm not clear on. I think there's some sort of loop going on, where they're trying to get him to get the "data" out, but hmmm... I don't know anything for sure. Still great fun to watch, though.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#194 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:53 pm

Definitely the best episode for me too.

Glombeard
Legend

#195 Post by Glombeard » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:42 pm

Good Job Rev till now.

Akecheta's one was really good!

keep it going. next episode is going to be really nice aswell and eventually the last will let you understand so much.

GO GO!
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#196 Post by Revolver » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:26 pm

So yeah, enjoyed that a lot. Not anywhere near as complex as Season 1 to follow/guess, but still quite entertaining. Dragged a bit in places, but some of the great episodes made up for it.

I don't think I cared enough about any of it to actually worry about the timeline or anything. Oh well.

Will watch Season 3.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#197 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:25 pm

Revolver wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:26 pm
Not anywhere near as complex as Season 1 to follow/guess
Is that right though?
Spoiler!
Maybe I'm just not remembering s1 very well but there was 2 main timelines that were pretty linear but we kept switching between them. Just like s2. They both had some really old flashbacks too. But s2 also had extra real world stuff. Extra scenes from virtual worlds. I don't know, I found s2 harder to follow.

The big reveal with William/MiB, clues to follow all through the season 1. There were definitely clues all through s2 about what Bernard did and what he did to himself. And the nature of what he did to himself, messing up his memory indexing, made the big thing harder to follow also.

Were there things we should have seen in s1 before the "what door?" moment?

Were there things we should have seen in s2 to tell us that Charlotte was Dolores?

s1 had the maze to understand.

s2 had the door instead.

Both seasons had Ford working behind the scenes to help the hosts get those things. Except in s2 we had to work out who/what was doing it up until we found Ford in the Cradle.

But s2 also had the thing that MiB built, the Forge, Dolores' "weapon". It had the clues leading us to what Delos Inc were actually doing - the purpose of the Cradle. We had Maeve's Jedi powers to understand. We had speculation about what Ghost Nation were really.
Like I said, I'm sure I'm forgetting loads about s1, but I don't buy the claim that s1 was more complicated.