Westworld (Please use Spoilers)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Westworld (Please use Spoilers)

#81 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:49 pm

Totally on board with
Spoiler!
Teddy being Wyatt. I mean, it's not like Teddy is Wyatt, it's just that Teddy used to be Wyatt just like Maeve used to be some woman with a kid. When I said before that perhaps there is no Wyatt, I mean there is no longer a Wyatt.

But no, I think episode 9 gave us more and more evidence that William is MiB. Practically confirmed it.

Still expecting Logan to die actually.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Reyes
Rofficer

#82 Post by Reyes » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:55 am

I was so pumped when I saw
Spoiler!
Arnold Weber on the door
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#83 Post by Revolver » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:47 am

Finally caught up. Cracking episode. Curious to see how much they close out next week and what they might set up for S2.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

#84 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:58 pm

Finale spoilers.
Spoiler!
TroyBlade wrote:Maeve is not self aware folks.

Maeve has been re-programmed to escape
Boom.

Although I was way off on MiB's motivations. I think Reyes was closest to that. Especially when he gave a little smile at the end.

Great episode. Loved it when Teddy shot the bumped into man. And when lab dude was wondering if he was a host. And the whole escape sequence.

Am confused as to just how much of Dolores' and Teddie's journey was part of the new narrative.

And what Ford was saying about how he knew what the hosts had to do to really escape. No clue..

Do you think Ford made a copy of himself and had the copy killed?

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#85 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:25 am

Btw, there was an after credits scene. Have there been some before?

Glombeard
Legend

#86 Post by Glombeard » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:08 am

Spoiler!
Will/Mib: i was hoping he was someway good deep inside, not just looking for just a mere real challenge. afterall Dolores kept memory of him for 30+ years.

Maeve reprogrammed to escape (good thought Troy) is she getting self aware through love for her daughter or it's just another programming code to keep her there?

Dolores has reached full awareness realizing she was hearing herself so she can kill. so? now she thinks all mankind is evil..

so Wyatt was Dolores...is Ghost nation part of Ford's new narrative? or were they really waiting for her?

all i got from Ford/Arnold speeches is through loss they reach selfawareness, still they have to loose more (Ford's death?) to understand they have to be free of thinking (the really escape) before anything else.. could that be?

about Ford's copy (i guess Hopkins's wage is way too expensive and can be cut)

anyway:
what about Elsie or the chief guard guy?
haven't seen any other after credits scene...but had that any meaning at all?

final note:
i really loved ShogunWorld (!?) lab area.
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Reyes
Rofficer

#87 Post by Reyes » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:18 pm

What was the after credits scene? I didn't see it
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

Glombeard
Legend

#88 Post by Glombeard » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:23 pm

after credit scene:
Spoiler!
Armistice "snake lady" forcing her arm (with a knife) to shoot and kill a guard then severing it and facing more delos' guards.
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#89 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:50 pm

Spoiler!
Glombeard wrote:Will/Mib: i was hoping he was someway good deep inside, not just looking for just a mere real challenge. afterall Dolores kept memory of him for 30+ years.
Well, it turns out that Ford was good after all. Not everyone can be good..
Glombeard wrote:Maeve reprogrammed to escape (good thought Troy) is she getting self aware through love for her daughter or it's just another programming code to keep her there?
I don't think there was code to keep her there. They would have seen it and told her when they found the other code. That doesn't mean that she was supposed to escape though.

Surely only Ford could have put the code there. Which means in all likelihood, the whole purpose of her escape was purely the distraction of the security team. Which is a bit of a let down..
Glombeard wrote:Dolores has reached full awareness realizing she was hearing herself so she can kill. so? now she thinks all mankind is evil..
She didn't start killing because she thinks everyone there is evil. She was programmed to do it, just like the first time around with Arnold.
Glombeard wrote:so Wyatt was Dolores...is Ghost nation part of Ford's new narrative? or were they really waiting for her?
I'm not sure about Ghost Nation. I mean, whether they have a deeper meaning. But the cold storage guys at the end were just there for Ford's plan to kill the Delos board.
Glombeard wrote:all i got from Ford/Arnold speeches is through loss they reach selfawareness, still they have to loose more (Ford's death?) to understand they have to be free of thinking (the really escape) before anything else.. could that be?
Didn't understand it. I guess it's something for season 2 or beyond. I don't think Dolores or anyone else has made it yet. At least, no further than all the other times they made it and then got wiped. But I could be wrong.
Glombeard wrote:about Ford's copy (i guess Hopkins's wage is way too expensive and can be cut)
Perhaps. I still have the feeling that the host that was shown to us being created in his private lab has some purpose. Why bother to exposit to the audience that he can create his own hosts in secret but it takes longer than normal, if it didn't mean something?
Glombeard wrote: what about Elsie or the chief guard guy?
Well the fact that Ford turned out to be good (and by good, I mean somewhat on the side of the hosts) could mean that they are still alive somewhere. Removed as a threat to his plan, rather than killed because of it.
Glombeard wrote:i really loved ShogunWorld (!?) lab area.
Samurai World, surely.

Glombeard
Legend

#90 Post by Glombeard » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:14 pm

please still consider the point i'm watching it in English and i might loose nuances in their speech, or the real sense of the sentence...
Spoiler!
i thought storaged hosts were programmed by Ford to wipe out the Delos' council but Dolores deliberately chosen to kill Ford (i supposed on vengeance for her prisoned life).
While he (Ford) says hosts aren't ready yet and need to loose more, Dolores passed (maze test) the point she hears Arnold voice realizing it's her conscience (free will).