Westworld (Please use Spoilers)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Westworld (Please use Spoilers)

#91 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:23 pm

Spoiler!
I'm not saying you are wrong. But that's not what I believe.

I even thought that they played the trigger music at the end for her. I could be mistaken. I might check again.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#92 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:36 pm

Spoiler!
Well they definitely changed the music to the trigger music. But that could have been just for the audience.

I'm still confident that Ford made her do it.

I'm super confident that he knew she would do it, which isn't quite the same thing I know..

Glombeard
Legend

#93 Post by Glombeard » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:40 pm

Spoiler!
is Dolores' triggering music Arnold's son song?

i thought he put that as last moment to recall his son before dying. i supposed he'd programmed Dolores yet. anyway some music starts before Ford's speech (or when he left the secret lab) i remember the perforated paper on player piano moving
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#94 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:46 pm

Spoiler!
I think the music was there, not just for the audience, because it also made Bernard realise what was about to happen.

I thought the music was a trigger for Dolores. When Arnold did it, I mean. Am I forgetting the association with his son or did you just assume that?

It can still be both though.

Glombeard
Legend

#95 Post by Glombeard » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:37 pm

Spoiler!
i think i remember Arnold saying something about while playing it, i might be wrong.

i realized yesterday Dolores was in "Across the Universe"
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Reyes
Rofficer

#96 Post by Reyes » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:43 pm

I was a bit disappointed with the finale.
Spoiler!
It was too long, the reveals for stuff like William being MIB were really slow, MIB was being an idiot and his whole story was a wild goose chase. It did seem weird that Dolores makes a major breakthrough, becomes conscious, and...repeats the thing she was programmed to do 30 years ago? Neither Arnold nor Ford's motivations for suicide-by-Dolores made much sense to me. There was a new guy in charge or security, no-one seemed to care that the last guy was missing.
It was interesting to see there is a Samurai World, not sure how that works with the whole mesa setup though. The evil board lady didn't die on screen so maybe she'll be back. It feels like season 2 will be a very different show if the hosts are at war with the humans.
Apparently season 2 won't be till 2018 though
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#97 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:00 pm

Spoiler!
I think that if you watched the show without discussing it, or reading about it, or thinking about it at all, there's probably a lot of people who didn't know or hadn't worked out many of the theories. I think they had to make the reveals slow and deliberate for those people.

I'm not 100% convinced that Ford is dead. And although there are flaws in the logic about suicide by Dolores being the best way to close the park (because surely the expected result is also that they shut down all the hosts), that's not a fault of the final episode.

Forgot to mention, I think we now know why MiB's wife was so scared of him. Because Logan was found, assumed to be bat shit crazy by everyone, so much so that they gave the company to William instead, but he would have told his sister about William and his sister probably believed him.

I'm not expecting season 2 to be a war. I'm not even expecting there to be a whole army of sentient hosts to deal with. I'm expecting them to be caught and wiped/reset by then.

I think the cycle of becoming sentient is still a cycle that hasn't been broken yet.

Glombeard
Legend

#98 Post by Glombeard » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:07 pm

more 1.10 blabbering
Spoiler!
Dolores: "it's gonna be alright Teddy, i understand now!
right before entering the stage where Ford is giving his last speech.

that's to let you understand why i thought she was shooting willingly.

i was watching Westworld cast & Crew videos but i couldn't find any interview or message from Wiliam(actor). i really can't cope the fact MIB is one of the worst and William's dive into wickedness has no way back. i do lack detachment from the show

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#99 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:51 pm

Spoiler!
Well she thinks she's shooting willingly, just like Maeve thought she was escaping of her own free will.

Once again - I'm not saying you are wrong. The other way just makes more sense to me personally.

The cold storage guys didn't wake up and go on a hunt - they were put there by Ford to kill the board. Maeve didn't wake up and try to escape, she was set on her path by Ford to create the distraction that would let the cold storage guys do their job uninterrupted. But we are supposed to believe that Dolores did wake up at the exact right moment to further this plan? No, she is also just another puppet of Ford.

Ford controls everything, even his own death, if he is even in fact dead.

In my opinion..

Reyes
Rofficer

#100 Post by Reyes » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:31 pm

TroyBlade wrote:
Spoiler!
I'm not expecting season 2 to be a war. I'm not even expecting there to be a whole army of sentient hosts to deal with. I'm expecting them to be caught and wiped/reset by then.

I think the cycle of becoming sentient is still a cycle that hasn't been broken yet.
Spoiler!
I just don't see how the park can go back to "normal" from this; the founder is dead, the board have been massacred, there are hosts on a rampage behind the scenes, and the primary directive has been violated many times over. Who is even in charge any more? If they did get the situation under control, I would expect the offending hosts to be destroyed rather than wiped; weren't the cold storage ones only kept around because of Ford anyway?
I could see them reaching a truce with the rebellious hosts and giving them an area of the park to inhabit, while the sentient hosts try to wake others up/smuggle their "friends" away from Sweetwater, and the MIB terrorises the hosts to get his kicks now they can fight back. That might be an interesting inversion of the movie.
Another question would be where does Bernard go from here. He could be Ford's successor while covertly helping the hosts (although Felix knows he's a host), or he could embrace his nature and try to finish the maze himself. Were Ford's actions specifically targeted at waking Bernard up?
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"