Westworld (Please use Spoilers)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Glombeard
Legend

Re: Westworld (Please use Spoilers)

#151 Post by Glombeard » Thu May 10, 2018 3:52 pm

more episodes to come...yay!!
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#152 Post by TroyBlade » Mon May 14, 2018 11:27 pm

This episode was awesome.

And it shot some holes in most of the theories I was subscribed to last week..

Ah well, will talk tomorrow.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Glombeard
Legend

#153 Post by Glombeard » Tue May 15, 2018 8:39 am

i really loved E4.

so afterall:
Spoiler!
1 Elsie is alive (still is she human or host?) she ate energy bars... Do Hosts need food to produce energy tostay alive or it's just a way to keep them as human as possible?
2 Delos was after hybrid human-host.
3 She was actually William's daughter
4 The IA Charlotte and his group are looking is actually a way to immortal humans.
5 is Ford still alive (red printed ball as Ford's coscience?) the "program language" they found in the lab is a human mind!
6 Bernard is actually remembering, point is what Charlotte and that army man know? are they controlling him?
7 i like MIB char quite deep as emotions and feelings.
8 Ghost Nation are actually human protectors.
what else i forgot, i should watch it again...actually i want to....awesome!
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#154 Post by TroyBlade » Tue May 15, 2018 11:28 am

Spoiler!
Glombeard wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:39 am

1 Elsie is alive (still is she human or host?) she ate energy bars... Do Hosts need food to produce energy to stay alive or it's just a way to keep them as human as possible?
I don't think they killed her, then made a copy. So perhaps she was a host all along but more likely she's human. What's more interesting is how amazingly fast Elsie came to terms with the fact that Bernard is a host.

I always find this concept in science fiction a bit weird. If you make a copy of me, what do I care? I'm still going to die. There needs to be a way to transfer the consciousness, like in Altered Carbon.

3 She was actually William's daughter
I was expecting her to be super mad at him. She seemed mildy happy to see him.

4 The IA Charlotte and his group are looking is actually a way to immortal humans.
So the thing in Abernathy is the way to copy a mind? Or is it someone specific's mind?

5 is Ford still alive (red printed ball as Ford's coscience?) the "program language" they found in the lab is a human mind!
Seems obvious to be a copy of Ford. Maybe just too obvious. How about - it's Arnold. So when Bernard wakes up on the beach, that's actually a new Arnold hybrid waking up for the first time.

6 Bernard is actually remembering, point is what Charlotte and that army man know? are they controlling him?
I think the theory that Bernard is in a loop being run by Strand and Charlotte has taken a hit. He might just be messed up because all his "memories are not indexed". And you were right about him really needing the cortical fluid.

7 i like MIB char quite deep as emotions and feelings.
Look, there's no way he is a host. But they keep shooting him in the neck and he's always fine. What's that about?

8 Ghost Nation are actually human protectors.
Are you convinced on that theory now? I'm not so certain.

There is a problem with the whole immortality thing. It has taken 30 years to get it to be stable for just 35 days. So in truth, the technology simply doesn't work. Why is it so important if that's the case? Why do we speculate about x, y and z being copies? Why do Delos need it so badly? Why do we get the answer to the question about the motives of Delos so soon? I think there must be more to it..

Glombeard
Legend

#155 Post by Glombeard » Tue May 15, 2018 11:51 am

TroyBlade wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:28 am
Spoiler!
Glombeard wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:39 am

I always find this concept in science fiction a bit weird. If you make a copy of me, what do I care? I'm still going to die. There needs to be a way to transfer the consciousness, like in Altered Carbon.

There is a problem with the whole immortality thing. It has taken 30 years to get it to be stable for just 35 days. So in truth, the technology simply doesn't work. Why is it so important if that's the case? Why do we speculate about x, y and z being copies? Why do Delos need it so badly? Why do we get the answer to the question about the motives of Delos so soon? I think there must be more to it..
Spoiler!
that's absolutely my point aswell. i added few lines in my previous post about my wondering doubt on that theme, then i edited it and deleted cause it felt a bit out of the discussion.

anyway i really can't mentally accept the concept. the copy is another being unless they transfer (completely wiping the old one) the consciousness to another place. i mean the copy has the same feeling and emotion but the original being is something else. so i don't get what they were trying with 149 copies of Mr. Delos.

i think they got a more realistic and understandable solution in another movie (which i found exhaustive) "The 6th Day". the movie itself was crap but the idea was brilliant.
Spoiler!
about the human hybrid ball it might be Arnold too (Delos talking about the duplicity god-devil could tend to that). was that lab the same Bernard went with Charlotte or a similar one? when his killing visit happened?

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#156 Post by TroyBlade » Tue May 15, 2018 12:50 pm

Spoiler!
Well it surely can't be the same lab.

Unless someone cleaned it up.. But it doesn't work. Surely that scene is before everything went to shit. Maybe only just before, but before.

This facility with Delos (the man) is surely William's thing he built. Does Delos (the company) even know about it?

Reyes
Rofficer

#157 Post by Reyes » Tue May 15, 2018 4:59 pm

I was a bit confused about some stuff that happened this week so I had to look it up. Also Now TV doesn't have subtitles so I miss some of the dialogue.
Spoiler!
I didn't recognise the leader of the Ghost Nation, but I guess he was only introduced a couple of episodes ago. Also I had forgotten that Bernard did actually shoot himself in the head last season.
My interpretation of the Delos replicas is not that they are breaking down after a certain amount of time but that they are only stable as long as they think they are human. This could also be why Bernard is so fucked up and maybe is going to cause problems for the other hosts soon.
I believe that the Abernathy data is the imprint of Delos's personality and they are going to try and use it to take control of the company from MIB
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#158 Post by TroyBlade » Tue May 15, 2018 6:06 pm

I have Danish subtitles so I miss some stuff too.
Spoiler!
The problems with J Delos were showing before being told he wasn't real though. The spilt milk being the obvious example.

There's probably plenty that we don't know or understand yet. Surely MiB in his secret lab is using tech that was developed by Ford. Are we to believe that Ford has perfected it on his own without telling anybody? I'm not saying that's not possible. Maybe it's even likely.

Why do we think that Delos even knows about the J Delos mind copy?

Why does the daughter want to go to the immortality lab?

So many questions..

Glombeard
Legend

#159 Post by Glombeard » Tue May 22, 2018 3:04 pm

E4.

edit: i meant E5...
Spoiler!
just a "strecthing the story" episode in my imo...

Maeve 19.2K modem is eventually working (so we understood why she couldn't control ghost nation hosts, wrong language used for command)

i don't get Dolores point. she wants to change Teddy parameters cause he's still too connected to his old behaviour while she's wasting time to get her daddy (that could be fine if she looked interested only in data Abernathy is holding, while she looks linked to her memories/feeling for him).

question about 1/3 of hosts memory and backup losts. are they leaving real world for a virtual (internet freedom) or they have been wiped to cancel trace of those who left?

Teddy should survive the changing of parameters as they found him drowned. (was he naked on the top of bodies in the lab, at the start of the episode?

i didn't get what was the video rec they recovered from all the hosts they were brain/cpu extracting.
Last edited by Glombeard on Tue May 22, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#160 Post by TroyBlade » Tue May 22, 2018 5:30 pm

That was episode 5.

So when Rev gets to 4 and reads that..

Glombeard wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:04 pm
E4.
Spoiler!
just a "strecthing the story" episode in my imo...

Well, I think Bernard has the interesting story, but it was a bit more than filler. I'd rather watch Maeve and the gang than Dolores even if Dolores has more impact to the overall story. (Which isn't necessarily true but probably.) So for me, this episode was one of the better ones while I was watching. It just might have had less important clues to analyse afterwards. I did think it was fun to watch them realise that they were in a Japanese copy of Sweetwater with copies of themselves. Plus Akane cutting the Shogun's head in half.

Maeve 19.2K modem is eventually working (so we understood why she couldn't control ghost nation hosts, wrong language used for command)

Yeah, so Ghost Nation not so special after all. Probably.

i don't get Dolores point. she wants to change Teddy parameters cause he's still too connected to his old behaviour while she's wasting time to get her daddy (that could be fine if she looked interested only in data Abernathy is holding, while she looks linked to her memories/feeling for him).

Well I took it more literally. When she said that she needed to know if it was real between them, she decided it was. And she wants Teddy to awaken like she did, and that happens with trauma. On the other hand, I'm not sure what she got the lab tech guy to do to him. I nearly rewound that bit but didn't..

question about 1/3 of hosts memory and backup losts. are they leaving real world for a virtual (internet freedom) or they have been wiped to cancel trace of those who left?

I don't know. Did they say that Teddy was one of the ones who were wiped? There was a stupid theory on the internet, not this week but earlier, that said that Bernard waking up on the beach, was actually Teddy. And Bernard was staring at Teddy.. Stupid though.

Teddy should survive the changing of parameters as they found him drowned. (was he naked on the top of bodies in the lab, at the start of the episode?

Yeah definitely Teddy.

i didn't get what was the video rec they recovered from all the hosts they were brain/cpu extracting.

Hmm? Maybe I looked away for a minute? I have no idea what you are talking about. I might watch the scene in the lab at the end again..

Anyway, definitely wasn't a trap, all the hosts dead in the water..