Westworld (Please use Spoilers)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Glombeard
Legend

Re: Westworld (Please use Spoilers)

#161 Post by Glombeard » Tue May 22, 2018 5:44 pm

the scene i am talking about was at the beginning of the episode, if i'm correct....not sure though,
Spoiler!
they extract the brain from a host and they attach it to a tablet. the result is a rec or a still image about a room or someplace and they tech guy says something i can't remember (at the time i didn't understand)
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Glombeard
Legend

#162 Post by Glombeard » Tue May 29, 2018 11:44 am

E6: i loved it.
Spoiler!
Teddy for the way he realizes how different he is from before.

Maeve for the struggling scene where she reaches her daughter and talks to her.

MiB almost accepting his fault as husband and father..
questions:
Spoiler!
what exactly means "fidelity"? i mean is Dolores trying to understand if Bernard is loyal to her purpose or if he's actually Arnold copy?
what was the fidelity test William did to Mr Delos?
Did actually Mib think at the start his daughter was an Host used by Ford to talk to him?
What is the common purpose Maeve and Ghost Nation have?
so if Ford consciousness is already in the Cradle, whose brain ball Bernard recovered from the lab?
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#163 Post by TroyBlade » Tue May 29, 2018 12:57 pm

It was really good.
Spoiler!
Not sure how to think about the Shogun World story. On one hand, it all seems rather pointless. On the other hand, the whole arc was the best thing in the show in terms of visuals and normal characters. (I'm calling every character a normal character except for Bernard, who is very special.) Anyway, I expect we're done with Shogun World and that's probably a good thing.

I really hope we get some real Anthony Hopkins and not just a bit of voice and CGI. In fact, I hope he explains everything for us. Next week. Thanks.
Glombeard wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 11:44 am
Spoiler!
Teddy for the way he realizes how different he is from before.
Dolores seems a bit upset about what has happened to Teddy. Even though she got exactly what she wanted... I guess? So yeah. I don't know why she did it and I don't know why she's unhappy with the results either.

Maeve for the struggling scene where she reaches her daughter and talks to her.
What did she expect was going to happen with her daughter? Also what I don't understand is why she didn't use her admin powers to stop the Ghost Nation.

MiB almost accepting his fault as husband and father..
He had me convinced that he was genuinely going to leave with her.
questions:
Spoiler!
what exactly means "fidelity"? i mean is Dolores trying to understand if Bernard is loyal to her purpose or if he's actually Arnold copy?
what was the fidelity test William did to Mr Delos?
Not sure what you are asking. Fidelity is the accuracy of a copy. So the JD fidelity test was done to make sure the copy is exact. You have a conversation with the real JD, then test the copy to make sure it says and does exactly what the real one did.

As for the scene with Bernard and Dolores. I could definitely easily be confused here. But I'm presuming that when Ford created Bernard, he did exactly the same thing. Albeit he used Dolores to do the test. No it seems clear now that I write it down. I was definitely confused while watching though.

Did actually Mib think at the start his daughter was an Host used by Ford to talk to him?
Well, I think they are fucking with us. The bit with the Elephants - MiB thinks Daughter hated the elephants but daughter says it was the mother. To me, that just simply tells us one of them is a host. Hence why I think they are misdirecting.

What is the common purpose Maeve and Ghost Nation have?
No idea. But surely whatever that purpose is, is whatever purpose Ford gave them (the Ghost Nation at least)

so if Ford consciousness is already in the Cradle, whose brain ball Bernard recovered from the lab?
That's definitely Arnold. Totally convinced about that now.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#164 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:38 pm

Did I like episode 7? I feel like i should have - plenty happened. And plenty of good scenes. But I don't know, maybe I'm getting tired of everything. It's just hard work sometimes.
Spoiler!
What happened to Hector, Armistice, Felix, etc?

So, the stuff in Abernathy's head is not protected by the encryption key - it IS the encryption key? wth? What is it going to decrypt?

If the cradle is destroyed, why is Ford still here? Is he totally in Bernard's head now?

So Bernard has this revelation while in the cradle - about the purpose of the place. But I still don't understand whether it's a copy and replace VIP end game or if it's an immortality thing.

So Ford claims Dolores is actually definitely fully awake. Meh.

Seems like Lawrence was awake since Maeve couldn't control him. But he might be like dead now?

MiB got shot a lot. He should be dead. I suspect he's not dead.

Glombeard
Legend

#165 Post by Glombeard » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:19 pm

TroyBlade wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:38 pm
Did I like episode 7? I feel like i should have - plenty happened. And plenty of good scenes. But I don't know, maybe I'm getting tired of everything. It's just hard work sometimes.
Spoiler!
What happened to Hector, Armistice, Felix, etc?

So, the stuff in Abernathy's head is not protected by the encryption key - it IS the encryption key? wth? What is it going to decrypt?

If the cradle is destroyed, why is Ford still here? Is he totally in Bernard's head now?
Ford was there till he thought to upload himself to Bernard's Brain. i guess he's the one answering to Charlotte while he's doing Bernard brain defrag

So Bernard has this revelation while in the cradle - about the purpose of the place. But I still don't understand whether it's a copy and replace VIP end game or if it's an immortality thing.

So Ford claims Dolores is actually definitely fully awake. Meh.

Seems like Lawrence was awake since Maeve couldn't control him. But he might be like dead now?
he should be dead as Clementine and Angela are dead for good (sadly)

MiB got shot a lot. He should be dead. I suspect he's not dead.
i'm sure his daughter and/or Hector, Felix will do something...
Spoiler!
what i didn't like/understand is reason why MiB keeps thinking everyone is Ford, he looks silly...

i'm still wondering what William built in the valley beyond, cradle 2.0? a copy of every guest, better hosts, a working human-host hybrid?

is he actually a copy of himself?

what is still unclear is the way hosts work. i don't get how they can die by shooting unless they get shot in the brain.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#166 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:37 pm

Glombeard wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:19 pm
Spoiler!
what i didn't like/understand is reason why MiB keeps thinking everyone is Ford
Doesn't bother me. It's not really surprising that he suspects everyone who doesn't behave in the way he thinks they should.

i'm still wondering what William built in the valley beyond, cradle 2.0? a copy of every guest, better hosts, a working human-host hybrid?
It must be the data copied from all the guests. Probably in a virtual world format like the cradle. So if MiB dies from his wounds, we'll see him again anyway.

is he actually a copy of himself?
Don't think so. But then I'm wrong about everything else most weeks..

what is still unclear is the way hosts work. i don't get how they can die by shooting unless they get shot in the brain.
Just the way I see it.. before everything went to hell, they would be programmed to "pretend" to die when getting a gunshot wound that would "kill" them.

I think it's the same now, except for the hosts who are actually awake. They don't have that "pretend" to die function. So Dolores taking a bullet to the gut wasn't any problem for her.

On the other hand, Maeve got shot a lot. So she has system issues rather than some procedure that makes her behave like a dying woman.

Reyes
Rofficer

#167 Post by Reyes » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:48 am

I feel like the mystery aspect hasn't really landed for me this season. So episode 8 was good for not having much focus on that
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#168 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:26 am

I didn't even bother watching. I tried Cloak and Dagger instead. (Which was terrible. I think.)

I will watch soon. Probably tonight.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#169 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:33 am

I really liked episode 8.

It's a shame that my Danish isn't quite good enough to translate all the subtitles.. I mean, "take my heart with you when you go", no problem. But there were plenty of lines I didn't get. I tried finding a pirated copy but there were no English subtitles from my source of that either.

Anyway, he suddenly became the most likeable character in the show.

Not much to talk about;
Spoiler!
I think the daughter was saying to Ake that she would make MiB suffer? I wonder if she meant that or if she was just saying what he needed to hear to let her take him.

I found it weird how Ake got so much freedom to wander about the labs, and find cold storage, etc. Kind of convenient..

So the place with the door that Ake found, it's the valley beyond, and also the actual same place that is flooded at the (presumaby) season finale?

The conversation with Maeve's daughter was weird. At least part of it seemed to be Maeve speaking through Ake? Why would she be able to do that?

Glombeard
Legend

#170 Post by Glombeard » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:55 am

TroyBlade wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:33 am
I really liked episode 8.
i liked it too.

It's a shame that my Danish isn't quite good enough to translate all the subtitles.. I mean, "take my heart with you when you go", no problem. But there were plenty of lines I didn't get. I tried finding a pirated copy but there were no English subtitles from my source of that either.

Anyway, he suddenly became the most likeable character in the show.

Not much to talk about;
Spoiler!
I think the daughter was saying to Ake that she would make MiB suffer? I wonder if she meant that or if she was just saying what he needed to hear to let her take him.
i guess she meant he'll pay or he's going to pay for what he did in real life to his family
I found it weird how Ake got so much freedom to wander about the labs, and find cold storage, etc. Kind of convenient..
that's exactly my thought, plus if he's one of the first hosts still not upgraded shouldn't he be more "robotic" than Dolores or new ones? how did he woke up in the lab after being "killed"?
So the place with the door that Ake found, it's the valley beyond, and also the actual same place that is flooded at the (presumaby) season finale?
there i got puzzled, i wonder why both Mib (human) and Akechete (and Dolores) are looking for the door and why it should be the same place William built? now i wonder is Mib a hybrid?

The conversation with Maeve's daughter was weird. At least part of it seemed to be Maeve speaking through Ake? Why would she be able to do that?
i got it in the other way, Maeve is interacting and wi-fi changing his daughter programming and Akechete is talking to Maeve through her daughter the whole time.
few answers in your spoiler, then..

Spoiler!
i would like to watch again the episode ghost nation capture Emily to listen what he says to human "prisoners"

the only thing i found a little disappointing is how easily Emily is able to find his father within the ghost nation.