Westworld (Please use Spoilers)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Westworld (Please use Spoilers)

#171 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:50 pm

So, actual episode 9 spoilers you probably wont watch until tonight, be warned.

I quite liked the episode. Still think it's hard work sometimes but still looking forward to the finale.
Spoiler!
Really good performances from Ed Harris, Emily, discount Ashley Judd, Bernard and Ford.

The whole speech and suicide from Teddy though, plus the reaction of Dolores, couldn't care less. Except for Teddy himself realising he was a monster now and couldn't live with it. Yeah I suppose I liked Teddy in this moment but don't care that Dolores cared.

So I decided MiB was a host, then wasn't a host, several times this episode. But I think my conclusion is that he's not a host and is only about to carve his arm up to make sure that he's not a host. His profile said he was persecutory or something? So he's paranoid. We're just witnessing his paranoia. The same reason why he shot Emily.

What has Ford got against Elsie? Why try to persuade Bernard that she is a threat? Funny if we don't see her again until s03 e05 or something.

The talk between Ford and Maeve was nice and all, having it confirmed that it was Ford's plan all along but getting off the train was all Maeve, but I ended up not caring all that much. Even though I still like Maeve.

No idea how Teddy is going to end up in the lake (flooded valley) next week.

And unless I'm (still) confused, we got actual confirmation that the whole secret project is definitely for immortality and not for ViP replacement.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Glombeard
Legend

#172 Post by Glombeard » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:01 pm

you skipped ahead violating the unspoken rules of the westworld club

2. you DO NOT talk about the westworld club (until monday night!)

.....ouch.... i'm struggling to resist the temptation to read....
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#173 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:33 pm

Oops I meant episode 9 not season 9. Obv. And also I said Emily when I meant Elsie. But you didn't read that yet anyway. Fixed now.

Glombeard
Legend

#174 Post by Glombeard » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:10 pm

a piece of art. i loved it from title to the end.
Spoiler!
i really don't know why Ford keeps pushing Bernard to kill Elsie, is she someone we don't know yet?

MiB char is wonderful, lost in his own demons. i can't stop asking myself who's real or host or if it's actually happening or happened.

Ford's speech to Meave is tearfully brilliant

i loved the whole Teddy words/love/hate to Dolores and i felt her anguish, pain as she realize his death.
i'm really sad next one is the last episode of the season....i hope it last 2 hours.
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Glombeard
Legend

#175 Post by Glombeard » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:40 pm

thought about S3
Spoiler!
it almost looks like next year we'll have most of the cast changed

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#176 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:28 pm

Spoiler!
I'm not sure there will be a season 3. The viewing figures are terrible in America.

On the other hand, HBO has a model that doesn't really require viewers and have a good track record of not cancelling stuff.

On the other hand, it must be pretty expensive.

Incidentally, the viewing figures are down to people not understanding wtf is going on. Which is no surprise when you consider that most people just want to watch tv. Not do research on Reddit about what might actually be happening.

But as to your point. Are there really that many people who won't be coming back? Even Emily isn't definitely dead. We are taking it on faith that the destruction of the cradle means that we'll never see any of the hosts who died again. We could yet get them all back.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#177 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:30 pm

Apparently season 3 is already greenlit.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#178 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:33 pm

I just read that Ed Harris says that he watches the show but doesn't always understand it.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#179 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:23 pm

Well bloody hell. Yet another one that takes more brain power or more viewings than I have..
Glombeard wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:40 pm
thought about S3
Spoiler!
it almost looks like next year we'll have most of the cast changed
Spoiler!
Not any more. I think everyone is fair game to come back, thanks to the handbag full of memory cores.

I suppose Ford is totally gone now. And yet, no one ever dies while someone is left to remember them..
Spoiler!
I was a bit confused about when the matrix got beamed up somewhere. Like.. where? Anyway I suppose what we are supposed to take away from that is that the hosts that did make it through the door are now safe somewhere.

And as for the post credit scene.. I *think* it's left ambiguous.. ie that we're being shown MiB's fidelity test far into the future and he's obviously a host then... but that doesn't mean that he has been a host all along.
I think!

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#180 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:00 pm

Oh yeah.
Spoiler!
Stubbs is a host right? I mean, he surely realised that Charlotte was a host at the end there. And there isn't a reason to not say anything unless he's also a host?