Westworld (Please use Spoilers)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Westworld (Please use Spoilers)

#181 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:11 pm

I think I need to actually rewatch it this time.
Spoiler!
Ok at the end, Dolores is in the copy of Charlotte. And then she leaves the park and goes to Arnold's house. And there's a host building machine. So she makes a copy of Dolores, so she's back in a Dolores body.

But then we see Charlotte walking around. So whose memory core did she put into the Charlotte Hale body?

I suppose now I've written it down.. it really doesn't matter does it..
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Glombeard
Legend

#182 Post by Glombeard » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:02 am

about your spoilers
Spoiler!
i agree about Stubbs

i guess they got the Head cutting machine to shift pearls
she left the island with few cores i guess we should find out whose core are they.
Teddy for sure as we see her recovering it.
Maeve, Hector, Dragon lady?
Not Bernard as she rebuilt him by memory.

Has the Forge been uploaded to a server into Arnold's house?

my biggest problem is how to rethink/rewatch it while knowing MiB's journey is a whole fidelity test. i mean it all happened, he's living it again and again (or at least copies of him) when and how did he die? maybe it's a useless thought.
i didn't get:
Spoiler!
What's Elsie Betrayal Ford was talking about? afterall she gets killed while she's trying to convice Charlotte about not decomissioning Bernard...
Why Bernard didn't want Dolores to delete all human copies?
Why did she want to delete Host Forge aswell? then why she changed her mind
why Dolores and Bernard should be antagonists
Why "Narrative Creator" had to die instead of stalling them...
pretty much isn't it?
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#183 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:52 am

Spoiler!
Well it certainly seems like it's set up for Felix and Sylvester to "fix" Maeve. So I doubt Maeve is one of the cores. It also sounds like they'll actually reopen the park at some point.

I think the cynic in me just thinks that the 5 cores aren't 5 people that we need to theorise about, they are just some free life tokens for whatever characters or even actors they want to bring back next season.

I think the Forge is gone. As in, we'll never hear about it again. It's not like there are any characters we need to see again inside it. (I realise Akecheta is in there but his story seems complete.)

I think since it's just a glimpse into the very far future, I don't see it as important to the story of s3, other than knowing that at some point in the future, MiB will either willingly hybridise himself or someone else will. I am thinking straight aren't I? That end credits MiB is a hybrid like the Delos test we watched a few episodes ago, and is totally different to the replication by memory thing that Dolores did to Bernard (twice).
To your last list..
Spoiler!
Elsie was complicit in the genocide in the end. She certainly was of the opinion that human lives matter more than the hosts.

Because the human copies are sentient AI, just like him.

Dolores' motivations have been an issue for me the whole season.

Same reasons; Dolores wants AI to rule. Or more specifically, her own kind of AI. Bernard is just a campaigner for pro life.

Sizemore is just a dick. They obviously knew who he was, he could have stalled them just as long as it took for him to die. Or longer more likely.
What I really liked
Spoiler!
Was the reveal that Bernard scrambled his own memories all along, so that he couldn't reveal what he did with Holores. There was a good reason for it and the mystery was revealed. Good job.

Glombeard
Legend

#184 Post by Glombeard » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:03 am

Spoiler!
i loved "your" Holores, i might have used Halores, but you made me think and smile!!

it looked like Bernard actual awakening is the moment he realize that it's not Ford talking to him but himself, i really liked it and the fact he arranged it all.

still i'd love a correct timeline of events. thinking about it gets me confused. i guess i could try and start Bernard's S2 timeline.[/spolier]
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Glombeard
Legend

#185 Post by Glombeard » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:09 am

Spoiler!
Bernard copies Ford mind to AI
Bernard destroys Lab
Bernard watches Ford death
Bernard flees from Dolores killwrath
Bernard meets Hale in the Barn
Bernard (and Hale) finds a Lab and pings Abernathy position (he gets some spinal fluid)
Bernard gets captured by confederatos renegades
Bernard checks Abernathy mind and finds encryption key

to be continued.....
Troy please, feel free to update my post should you have time and will to do it.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#186 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:38 am

Other random thoughts
Spoiler!
I wonder how many of the scenes with Dolores and Bernard sitting in chairs where she is creating him from memory, are from the outside world. All of them? I guess it doesn't matter..

I like how we got an explanation for the 30% of hosts being wiped after they examined them after the flood.

I don't think I fully understand the end credits scene;

Fake emily tells MiB that he isn't in the system, he is actually in the real world, albeit in the park. But this place they are in, is neglected and far in the future. What I don't get, is how MiB is doing his fidelity tests in the real park. I mean, even if Westworld is still open and functioning, it seems a stretch to think that they could do these tests while having him go through a repeat of the robot uprising. So is it just his consciousness doing the tests inside some virtual world, and then his physical form only at the end? Or was Emily just lying? Or what?

What was Ford's plan/game for MiB? The quest for the door doesn't seem like it's a thing for MiB at all. So, just like season 1 and the maze. This one was meant to be for him supposedly.

Still deciding whether to rewatch it.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#187 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:44 am

Glombeard wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:09 am
Spoiler!
Bernard checks Abernathy mind and finds encryption key
Spoiler!
That's silly thinking about it now.

Bernard said "Oh My God". When he looked into Abernathy's mind/code.

So we are meant to believe that he didn't just find a key to access the data, which don't forget is somewhere else entirely, but he found a key that said "hey I'm a key that unlocks a massive virtual world of 4 million souls that were copied from all the guests over the last 30 years.

My point being, why should the key itself tell Bernard anything informative about The Forge. It's just a key.

Reyes
Rofficer

#188 Post by Reyes » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:48 am

Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Stubbs is definitely a host, I guess he realised at some point but didn't really care?
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#189 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:08 pm

N
Spoiler!
ice chart.

Just 1 thing (which is no doubt absolutely correct) doesn't fit with what I saw in the finale. It says that Dolores puts Teddy into the valley beyond. I didn't see that. Was it obvious? I was watching while distracted by work a little towards the end. I think it overstretched my lunch break just a bit.

Glombeard
Legend

#190 Post by Glombeard » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:12 pm

well done Rey, i guess my timeline isn't needed anylonger.

Spoiler!
i was pretty sure Dolores said she rebuilt Bernard by memory and all her talk with him were a test. that's why i don't get why they say she took Bernard's pearl. did i get it wrong?

about Troy's question
Spoiler!
yeah, i forgot about that before, but it's true. at certain point we see Teddy in the Valley, alone. Dolores put him in. the scene is really short, you might have missed it