Westworld (Please use Spoilers)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Oblivion - Topic Of The Year Edition

#41 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:00 pm

Spoiler!
Maeve is not self aware folks.

Maeve has been re-programmed to escape by whoever is also stealing data by satellite link from the woodcutter.

Which I think we were told that it's actually Delos stealing their own data just to make sure that Ford can't delete it when they sack him. Although I'm not sure that's entirely accurate.

And William is not going to have a breakdown when someone kills Dolores.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#42 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:31 pm

So Rev got me thinking - not someone else's theory, for once:
Spoiler!
MiB's ultimate goal is not eternal life at all. It's to free Dolores from the repetition/slavery.

Which given that it's in direct conflict with Glom's theory of life, the Universe and everything, means that I'll have to keep watching after all.

Glombeard
Legend

#43 Post by Glombeard » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:49 pm

TroyBlade wrote:So Rev got me thinking - not someone else's theory, for once:
Spoiler!
MiB's ultimate goal is not eternal life at all. It's to free Dolores from the repetition/slavery.

Which given that it's in direct conflict with Glom's theory of life, the Universe and everything, means that I'll have to keep watching after all.
Spoiler!
in episode 1 or 2 MiB kills Teddy and bring Dolores into the barn to rape or torture her. i don't see him very interested in her in the present timeline unless, but that's speculation from the 1.8 teaser
don't read if you didn't watch it
Spoiler!
that one is just another Dolores-copy-host
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

TroyBlade
Rofficer

Westworld (Please use Spoilers)

#44 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:51 pm

@Glom

I haven't seen the trailer for 1.8 so haven't read the 2nd spoiler. But the first..
Spoiler!
Yeah but we never actually saw MiB do anything to Dolores. Might just be more bullshit editing.

Glombeard
Legend

Re: Westworld (Please use Spoilers)

#45 Post by Glombeard » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:13 am

TroyBlade wrote:
Spoiler!
Maeve is not self aware folks.

Maeve has been re-programmed to escape by whoever is also stealing data by satellite link from the woodcutter.

Which I think we were told that it's actually Delos stealing their own data just to make sure that Ford can't delete it when they sack him. Although I'm not sure that's entirely accurate.
Spoiler!
you really made me doubt all i thought about awakening and self aware....now i see Mib with other eyes...should he be William i understand how he can easily, brutally slap Dolores in the face twice (in 1.1)...she might be merely a bot afterall..
What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both? A bit of both!

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#46 Post by Revolver » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:17 pm

You guys!!

I was going to be all cool and bring in all the posts from Oblivion.

Bah.

Edit: Ok, I can still do it. I'll do some more later. It'll clean up Oblivion, at least.
Stealth is an option.

Reyes
Rofficer

#47 Post by Reyes » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:42 pm

We're up to episode 5 now.
Spoiler!
I totally think Billy is the Man in Black and Bernard is robot Arnold. I think that when MIB was talking about saving the park, he means he bought them out after taking over his brother-in-law's company (after killing him in the park or something); brother-in-law did say the park was in financial trouble.

I think the maze is a test for hosts to see if they are ready to go out into the real world for whatever the "true purpose" of the park is. MIB's plan is to lead a host through the maze but then get his consciousness uploaded to him, making him immortal. Bernard is the result of Arnold doing that before, except Ford had his memory wiped or something.
Feel free to lol if that has all been debunked already. I'll be caught up soon!
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#48 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:04 pm

It's hard to comment without spoilers.. There is very little in there that is definitely wrong given what we learned in 6 and 7, but there is a little.

There are a couple of things I don't believe personally but you can definitely be right.

Reyes
Rofficer

#49 Post by Reyes » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:13 pm

Ok so
Spoiler!
Presumably Bernard was never part of the park if Ford built him in the secret lab, but I still think he could be Arnold. Ford saying he wasn't around back then could be hinting at that. Also Bernard Lowe is an anagram of Arnold Weber; I don't think Arnold's full name has been revealed but if it turns out to be that...
As to what Delos is after, robot bodies for human minds is a definite possibility (fits with the double meaning of "hosts") but then why do they need the data? Maybe they want to make indistinguishable robot doubles to replace people (I believe this was the plot of Futureworld). The Delos reference is pretty cute but remember that was in the original film.
Also if MIB is William then he's currently on Bill and Ted's excellent adventure
"Now all we need is some mood music...like whale songs"

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#50 Post by TroyBlade » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:39 pm

WW Up to 1.7.
Spoiler!
I'm pretty confident that Bernard at least looks like Arnold. The big gap on the right of the old photo suggests someone was there who he could not see.

Speaking of replacing people, I was wondering if Ford's next move would be to create a copy of Theresa. He was creating someone at the time after all.

The company was called Delos in the original film you mean?
WW Up to the trailer for 1.8.
Spoiler!
I no longer think he will be creating a copy of Theresa :)