Extremis Malis Extrema Remedia (Official The Division Thread)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Extremis Malis Extrema Remedia (Official The Division Thread)

#1 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:44 pm

So Fien, I had that 1 "thing" missing from Times Square. And it turned out, then when I completed all the missions and encounters in Clinton next door, the new intel gave me an agent quest that started in Times Square and finished in Clinton. And sure enough, once complete, it counted as a Times Square mission.

I don't think that's going to help you with your Chelsea thing though. Surely you've done everything next to Chelsea.

Personally, I'm still way short in Chelsea. I have a locked door on the map and nothing else. And I'm only 8/22 or whatever it is. I can't find the locked door. I mean I can't work out how to get inside the building. I also don't see how a locked door is going to help me since I must be missing a mission or encounter that's not showing.

I need to do some more story missions but there is no Rev for a week. I don't think I will wait a week, I'll just do them again if wanted.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

Fienasre
Legend

Re: Extremis Malis Extrema Remedia (Official The Division Thread)

#2 Post by Fienasre » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:34 pm

I agree on the mission status. Been dodging them for a while now and they are pretty fun to play. I think I will get around to them as well and redo the thing when the boys are back.

You might have a point on my Chelsea missing bit. Maybe around the edges of camp Hudson or the area directly north I skipped/missed an agent. Totally plausible. Tbf... I'm not sure if the agent's pop up on completing side missions and encounters in an area. I can't recall actively using the map to go to a missing agent marker. I always found them on the streets. Or did you properly see the agent indicator pop up on the map? I'm intrigued to test the theory.
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#3 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:40 pm

Definitely got the new icon for the missing agent in Times Square when I finished the last mission in Clinton which popped all the missing Clinton icons. So you should see it already. So if you already finished all the surrounding zones, it's probably no help.

I think I need to redo the very first story mission in the game. Because at the end of that, we were together and found that locked door but didn't open it. I think. Maybe.

Fienasre
Legend

#4 Post by Fienasre » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:49 pm

There was a closed door a bit earlier in the Madison Square Garden mission. I think it was just before the skybox with bar area upstairs.
In the second run we did with 4 people I opened the door. Inside is a Lvl 2 contaminated zone without a collectible. I'm guessing there is lewt in there but then I had to follow you guys and didn't check inside the room...
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#5 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:11 pm

Just posting this somewhere so that I can easily find it on my tablet.

Oh, and you're welcome.

Mandatory

Chest

Armour
Damage to Elites - If you can't have that, then Health on Kill is fine.

Mask

Damage vs Elites

Enemy Armour Damage - (Unique to masks and pads as a minor stat)

Pads

Armour

Enemy Armour Damage - (Unique to masks and pads as a minor stat)

Pack

Armour

Gloves

[The weapon you use] Damage
Damage to Elites
Health on Kill (or Crit chance or Crit Damage)

Holster
Armour

Gear Mods

Mod to hit the required weapon talents.
Once you've hit the numbers, then mod to get roughly 4000 firearms and 5000 stamina.
All secondary gear mod rolls should be armour.

Weapons

Mods
Just go for headshot damage on your weapon mods, rather than crit.

Talents

Destructive (Enemy armour damage)
Ferocious (Damage to Elites) - High electronics requirement, so your weapon needs this in the 3rd talent slot.
Prepared or Responsive (both 15% bonus damage, prepared is when far away, responsive when close).

Predatory (Health on kill)

Tip:

On your secondary weapon, take Skilled - (Increases signature skill resource gain when you headshot).

So when your recovery link pops, switch weapons, kill ~10 enemies, your signature skill is off cooldown.

Abilities

Pulse - Tactical Scanner
First Aid - Booster Shot

Talents - your choice of;

One is None - Headshots returning the bullet (Don't use with huge magazine LMGs)
Stopping Power - 25% headshot damage to suppressed targets (Don't use with sniper rifles that don't suppress)
Precision - Pulse a target when you headshot it.
On the Move - 30% reduced damage when you kill a target while moving
Shock and Awe - movement speed when you suppress an enemy. (Use if you use Stopping Power).

Fienasre
Legend

#6 Post by Fienasre » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Is that your goal? Finding this gear? Or are those your current stats?
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#7 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:16 pm

These are the particular stats that I want on each piece of gear. And includes the possible ranges of those stats so you can see if it rolled well.

For example every high end chest piece comes with:

830-1018 Armour
553-678 of one of the 3 main stats.
And 3 of the following major attributes:

553-678 Armour
2765-3390 HP
10-12% HP on kill
12-15% Exotic DMG Resist
10-12% Protection vs Elites
7-9% Damage vs Elites.
Gear Mod Slot
Performance mod slot?

And my list above, says ideally we want the armour, and 2 gear mod slots. And the main stat roll should never be Electronics.*

I can provide my source if you are interested. He explains in full detail why for example you want armour on that chest and not any of those other things. And why chest (and pads and holster) is the place to get your armour and not other pieces.

*Not because electronics is bad, it's because skill power rolls on certain pieces as a major attribute in large quantities, so we get our electronics from those instead.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#8 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:39 pm

Btw I think these numbers are for the level of gear before the Underground expansion came out, which raised all the numbers but I presume only raised it for the new gear found in the Underground..

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#9 Post by TroyBlade » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:32 pm

Hmm, I don't think these numbers are valid at all any more. There have been too many changes in patches since this. Oh well.

Fienasre
Legend

#10 Post by Fienasre » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:38 pm

Is this for your build in particular? Or do the numbers crossover to other skills as well? (except for the skill stats ofc)
│o_