Extremis Malis Extrema Remedia (Official The Division Thread)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Extremis Malis Extrema Remedia (Official The Division Thread)

#61 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:31 pm

Revolver wrote:I could actually hear you all at the same level the other night.
That's because you are the issue.

I can hear your game in the background louder than I can hear the other people in the party.

And no Fien, no catching up was done while you had the night off.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#62 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:01 pm

I've swapped shield twat and the guy you have to run past shield twat to get to, for Chains in Stuyvesant.

So it's now 12 bosses in ~32 minutes instead of 13 bosses in ~42 minutes.

Other than that, I've been trying to learn some Division Tech locations in Survival. My strategy is that since I'm not fast enough to get in there first, I'm learning locations right up in DZ06 in the hope that by that time we get there, it's still there.

Also, I'm less confident of my assertion that the enemies in DZ06 are harder than lower down (in Survival). In fact I'm reasonably confident that I'm wrong.

Fienasre
Legend

#63 Post by Fienasre » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:54 pm

Hmm, maybe there are more purpz and yellow's running around in the higher DZ numbers? Cause I saw a map yesterday that suggests there is more division tech to be found up in DZ06. That must mean an increase in difficulty, right? Can't say what kind of increase though...

Anyway, tonight I will be online. I'm itching to do some stuff. Might even be survival if it's not too late.
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#64 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:23 pm

It doesn't look like it to me. It's hard to tell just watching a couple of videos but there's nothing we can't handle. At least not out on the streets.

You'll probably find this hard to believe, but the night I was trying to get to 20K weekly points, I ran around so much of the DZ without finding anything that in the end I thought sod it, I need to finish anyway, so I fought a named elite and his 4 yellow buddies, with my blue sniper rifle and purple shotgun - and won.

And still didn't find that they were guarding anything good..

From watching these videos, it seems clear to me that the division tech that is guarded by tough groups, can be reached stealthily. Or most of it can anyway.

The players on video who are really good, wander round until they have ~20 division tech, then go and craft a full high end set with weapons and mods, sometimes even crafting the same thing multiple times for better rolls. Only then, do they go back out and actually kill the groups of yellows. For no reason other than to get a good score for the video I presume.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#65 Post by Revolver » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:18 pm

TroyBlade wrote:
Revolver wrote:I could actually hear you all at the same level the other night.
That's because you are the issue.

I can hear your game in the background louder than I can hear the other people in the party.
That's really odd, because I play with headphones on so the only sound in the room is the occasional bit of chat from my controller (god I hate that feature!).

We should do some controlled tests or something and work out what needs tweaking.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#66 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:30 pm

That's weird. My controller is silent once I start using headphones. Are you using headphones attached to an amp or something rather than the PS4 itself? So the PS4 doesn't know?

But all your stuff is loud. Iris, her tv, you breathing. It's all so much louder than everyone else.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#67 Post by Revolver » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:35 pm

Ah... I will drop my mic sensitivity then. That's an easy fix. Although I do like the idea that I'm the loudest. ;)

And yeah, the headphones are plugged in to the TV, but with the little cable connecting them to the controller as well.
Stealth is an option.

Fienasre
Legend

#68 Post by Fienasre » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:17 am

I think my controller talks to me when using headphones. I have a turtlebeach connected to the ps4 through usb. No connection to the controller. A while back someone told me I was really loud as well. Checked my ps4 settings and saw that the mic had max sensitivity. Cut it by at least half and no complaints since. Maybe we should go to 1/3rd and up the volume a bit to hear Troy as well. But yes, take a moment to tweak the thing.

Had to get up early this morning so I only finished a boss run (old style) and 3 underground foray's. Underground rank 15, three directives up. Having to start early today means I can go home early as well... Who is going to be online this evening? Besides Troy, probably? :ninja:
│o_

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#69 Post by Revolver » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:11 pm

I might be on tonight, but not until late. And Chome Sharp has just been released, so I'd be tempted to play that instead (shhhh!).
Stealth is an option.

Fienasre
Legend

#70 Post by Fienasre » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:31 pm

Nope... you are levelling up your Division character.
│o_