Extremis Malis Extrema Remedia (Official The Division Thread)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
Fienasre
Legend

Re: Extremis Malis Extrema Remedia (Official The Division Thread)

#91 Post by Fienasre » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:37 pm

Tada! I failed my last survival as well... I wanted to kill the 4 purples in the underground section. Not trying that anymore... I might or might not be online this evening. Not really helpful but it's better than a "No", I guess.
I just read something on the plans for y2 on Eurogamer. God these people like to hate the Division. It's like the Nickelback / James Blunt hating all over. As it stands, it's a great game with more than enough content to fill at least 6 days of /played. Well worth my euro's. I know, preaching to the choir.
│o_

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#92 Post by Revolver » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:42 pm

Nearly 24! I went and cleared out a bunch of the lower level stuff that I'd missed. Then just as we were switching off we found a whole new zone that we hadn't been in, so that should be good for a level or two.

What do we actually do when we get to 30? I see you guys getting loads of cool gear. What's that for? Are there bosses an stuff to face?
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#93 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:48 pm

It's very much like Diablo.

There are like 14 different gear sets (or you can run without sets and still get good skills) that support all sorts of different builds/playstyles.

And there are bosses but they are like Diablo bosses too. They die in seconds or at most a couple of minutes. Some just wander the streets. Some you pick up quests to go hunt and kill.

So like diablo, you are mostly searching for that small upgrade to the same piece of gear that you already have, after a while.

Except obviously you have these missions which are infinitely more interesting than a Diablo dungeon. Although that might just be because I've run thousands of Diablo dungeons and not many hundreds of TD missions.

But be prepared to run the same story missions that you did while levelling up, many more times, on higher difficulties.

But there are also Incursions - like 4 man raids. Really tough missions that don't scale down to a solo experience. Never tried any of those - we need you guys.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#94 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:55 pm

I tried out my turrets n' mines build on a challenging mission at lunch time. It was ok. Warrengate Power Plant - it was fine until the bit where you have 12 minutes to turn off the valves. That took me 3 tries so I spent like half an hour on that bit. Then I had to do some work and while I was working, I got logged out. Bummer.

Fienasre
Legend

#95 Post by Fienasre » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:06 pm

Nope, incursions are the next step for us, I think. And proper runs into the DZ just for kicks. Did all of us pick up the underground DLC? Running a 4 man underground on challenging with the directive thingies will probably be really difficult as well.
They added a legendary difficulty to many of the missions as well. We haven't tried that yet.
│o_

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#96 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:30 pm

Oh yeah, for the 1st birthday thing, if you log in in the next week, you get "stuff" from the rewards claim vendor.

Personally, my "stuff" was a message saying that you can pick up rewards from the rewards claim vendor - who had absolutely nothing for me.

Also, for the next 2 days, HVTs give double rewards.

And then for the 5 days after that, err, I think it was double field proficiency caches.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#97 Post by Revolver » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:46 pm

I quite like Diablo, because you don't really have to aim. I do struggle with the aiming in this.

Oh well, as long as you lot don't mind carrying me, I'll be happy to tag along. :)
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#98 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:50 pm

Fien's already carrying me - is he good enough to carry you too? We shall see..

Anyway seeker mines and turrets. No aiming required..

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#99 Post by Revolver » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:38 pm

Sounds like a plan. Get practising, Fien.
Stealth is an option.

Fienasre
Legend

#100 Post by Fienasre » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:05 pm

Right... I guess my shield build is up for grabs then if I need to be the main dps. It's fun to play btw! Especially when you block LoS for your team :ninja:
Oh God... I need to practice Striker's then.
│o_