Welcome, Commander (Official Elite Dangerous Thread)

For Oblivion. And some other stuff, I suppose.
TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Welcome, Commander - The Elite Dangerous Topic

#11 Post by TroyBlade » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:47 pm

Yeah I was thinking about the next exploration mission, and how I need a set-up whereby I can watch tv at the same time. I doubt I'll ever make it very far if I don't have something like that.

No desire to explore any time soon anyway.

Engineers seems like a LOT of content from what little I've read about. Got that to start as well.
You killed John Wick's Dog's Human, and that human was John Wick.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

Re: Welcome, Commander (Official Elite Dangerous Thread)

#12 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:18 pm

My struggles landing on that planet last night and I was wondering about the gravity, it's totally a thing!

In other news, I did a Rev. Lost my ship while out in a buggy. And then I flipped the buggy. And then I logged off.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#13 Post by Revolver » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:00 pm

TroyBlade wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:18 pm
I did a Rev.
:mad:

I'm definitely getting better at this now. I ranked up with the Federation today, and I picked up the next Navy mission before I had to switch off. So I'll be high enough to get my first Fed ship soonish, although I don't really want the first one, I want the second one, and that's like 20 Mil or something, and I've got about 3. Oh well. Definitely might have to think about focusing on some cash at some point.

I've upgraded most of my Cobra stuff to B grade now, and it flies really well. That's probably why I feel like I'm getting better. It's not me at all, it's the ship. I could do with an SRV though, as I'm getting a lot of follow-up missions that need me to go down to the planets. Really not got space for that right now though.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. I'm out tonight so probably won't be on.
Stealth is an option.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#14 Post by Revolver » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:21 pm

Is it SRV? Maybe not. Anyway, the buggy thing that you flipped. They don't call them a buggy, do they.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#15 Post by TroyBlade » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:40 pm

Surface Reconnaissance Vehicle? aka buggy.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#16 Post by Revolver » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:26 pm

Community thingies are up. I've just parked in HeHe, and now I'm off to the cinema.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#17 Post by TroyBlade » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:17 am

I love this game but damn it has some annoying micro management.

I have my shiny new Vulture set up as a total machine of war. And I can do 3 jumps before I need to refuel (at a base, no fuel scoop). HeHe is 19 jumps away. I'm going to have to travel there in something else and then pay to get it shipped.

It has a kill warrant scanner, chaff launcher and a frame shift interdictor, all of which are disabled because my power unit can't run everything. I mean the interdictor, ok, I can turn off other stuff then use it I guess, but the others are pointless.

When I deploy hardpoints, other stuff like the docking computer shuts down automatically (thanks to the power draw priority system).

But I'm going to have to replace the docking computer with a system scanner anyway, since I really don't want to have to use the nav beacon every time I chase a mission bounty.

And I just realised that if I switch back to my Python to make the trip to HeHe, I don't even have the insurance to cover it.

Revolver
Guild Master (Retired)

#18 Post by Revolver » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:09 am

Right, I popped on a couple of times over the weekend to try and sort out my Planetary Scan missions, and I just can't do them. The system only has about 5 planets in it, I've been to the Nav Beacon, I've scanned every planet, and I just can't find any destinations anywhere. There's nothing on the System Map and nothing in the quest description. I've got about 1.5 Million worth of quests in my log, all for the same system, and they've been slowly expiring while I try and complete them. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. Bah.

Tempted to just log in tonight and abandon them all, and go off and fine somewhere new to explore.
Stealth is an option.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#19 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:24 am

For me, use an advanced discovery scanner (or the nav beacon if you don't have one) and then the planet or moon where the target is now has the mission icon next to it in your navigation list. You should have also gotten the really fast too fast to actually read bright blue message on screen about how you made mission related discoveries, when you do the scan (or do the nav beacon).

Then later, when you approach the planet or moon in question, you will get "<random thing> Search Site" showing up in your contacts list so you can target it without even being able to find it on the planet.

TroyBlade
Rofficer

#20 Post by TroyBlade » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:25 am

You know you can get planetary scan missions for planets that aren't in the system where you picked up the quest?